Question about Rated Battleground Roles

I know we have our base sitters - Hunter/Mage/Lock/Druid and even Rogue (If they can’t do Rogue things), our healers and FCs. TCs are usually Warr/DK, and calling burst/CC on any class is pretty standard throughout a team fight although my question is…

Do I avoid the role of TC as a WW Monk/Ret Pally/SV Hunter or are they subject to being designated TC as well??

Any melee dps can TC. Even a destro lock can tc. Generally anything with a ton of single target damage/burst should TC if needed.

2 Likes

I see.

Usually on a Warr/DK you get asked if you can TC and are expected to regarding LFG, so it is like that regardless of the class as long as you have Single-Target damage/burst? I don’t mind calling burst or CC, but I’d rather not be the one calling hardswaps or telling the team who to attack.

If I were a DPS I would just get used to doing it, tbh. If your TC dies in fight and no one is there to keep calling swaps, then you’re probably going to lose the fight. I was told a while back that everyone in a group should be vocal about calling out opportunities, so I’m working on getting better at call outs myself as a healer.

1 Like

I feel like 99% of the time I have to tell the TC what he should actually be hitting. Like an overextended melee dps training his healers, etc.

2 Likes

That’s true.
If the main TC dies then yeah at that point there’s no choice but to do it or lose the fight as you said. Then in that case I don’t mind doing it, but being the main TC is something I don’t wanna do lol.

Unfortunately, warriors are really only brought to games for MS right now. Not being able or willing to TC, makes you a less desirable invite over someone who can.

1 Like

Gotcha, well that’s part of the reason why I’m looking at other classes to play RBGs with that aren’t expected to be the main TC at the very least.

Any healer generally and most casters.

1 Like

Thank you.
:smiley:

1 Like

My best experience as pally was in a rbg where hunter does the TC job. It kinda took me a while to run to the target as sometimes the target isn’t the closest one to me. But I managed to do that no problem.

As melee, most of the time my eyes are just concentrating on the one I am about to kill not surrounding players. Being TC is a big distraction.

I read another post that I agree, melees have tunneled vision.