Question about RAF and advice

So i bought my girlfriend BfA a while ago she installed it. But she never played it we want to play it now. Since the recruit a friend feature is out and both her and I want to play together would it be best to just rebuy the game and recruit a friend her or would it work with her account. she never originally bought game time with the new game, just made the account would that not work for the new recruit a friend feature?

The Recruit a Friend program can only be used to link a new World of Warcraft account to the recruiting account or on an account that has been inactive for 2+ years.

If your girlfriend has had an active account, that account wouldn’t be eligible. If you wish to use the Recruit a Friend promotion, assuming she will be the recruited account, she will need to start a new WoW account with the link you send her.

2 Likes

o ok thank you

This part was a little confusing, so I wanted to circle back to it. You said you purchased BoA for her, I assume that is BfA (Battle for Azeroth)? If she applied the code to upgrade the account, even if she did not add game time, I don’t believe that license would still be eligible.

You can certainly send her a Recruit a Friend link, when she starts the process, logging into her current Battle.net account, if her current WoW license qualifies she’ll be able to link the account. Otherwise, it will create a new Starter Edition that she just needs to add game time to for it to become a Standard active account.

o ok so she can use the same main account but it would sorta make a secondary account under her main login and that should work? if i have to should i buy bfa again or buy shadowlands id like her to get a boost at some point

Yes, you can have up to 8 WoW licenses on a Battle.net account, so she should be fine there.

If you two are planning to experience that content, yes, you’ll eventually want to add Battle for Azeroth so she can progress to level 120. If you both are planning to play Shadowlands, it might be prudent to purchase the Complete Collection. That includes 30 days of game time to start, plus several other in-game cosmetic benefits, depending on which one you buy. What is included is covered on that page.

4 Likes

TBH id recommend just getting her a set of heirlooms and levelling with her. it will give you the same xp bonus from raf and you wont need to drop cash on a new copy of bfa. When you get to 60 AV makes it super easy to level as well. The summoning from raf and the recruiter bonuses are nice, but if your just after xp buff heirlooms will cover it, and she should have a 110 boost from the bfa she already has as well so just needs to drop game time onto the account and youd be good to go

2 Likes