Question about Priest and Troll lore

So I’ve been playing trolls ever since I started playing wow back in 2015. Everything about them I absolutely love, the lore, the different species, and there look. One thing that’s always stood out to me was troll priests, they’ve always been one of my favorite race class combos since there’s no hex priest or witch doctor class.

My big question however is did Blizzard butcher the troll priest lore with what they changed about priests lore in legion? I’m talking specifically about the priests in game playable class, obviously trolls will always have there priest lore connection.

Pretty much, yeah. There’s no longer such a thing as “shadow” magic, it’s void and tentacles all the way down. Kinda puts the kibosh on playing a troll priest as a witch doctor.

Well that just flat out sucks. Would disc make more sense than shadow at this point for a troll?

Depends on your aesthetic, I suppose. Disc has always been a thematically weird spec. They heal by dealing damage, and can use shadow magic without being forced into tentacle attack mode, so it’s probably the best you’re going to get.

1 Like

They also took out their hex type spells that made them individuals to other priests. Back when every priest race had their own thing. Was really nice to play a witch doctor that way.

Then Legion yes, just merged everything. I miss just being a shadow priest, I dislike having to go into void form :c

Yeah, I’m not really into the whole thing of tentacles coming out of me when after void eruption. I guess I just really don’t enjoy how they made the spec fantasy of shadow so much more condensed and specific. From what I’ve read it used to be so much more open ended with the lore, but no, now if you’re a shadow priest you’re a void loving, old god worshiping priest.

1 Like