Question about drivers

Question was answered a few times already. Card is installed. And yes, it’s still better than what was about to die in my computer.

Thank you to those that were actually helpful over here.

You can, if you like. It may even be a good idea to do so, mostly because it would (should) remove old device manager entries, which I personally like to do to remove the possibility of conflicts (I have no proof that it helps but I feel better doing it).

But it isn’t strictly necessary as both run off the same basic drivers.

Should need to… buy why a 1050 from a 760? they’re basically equal performance… or at best 5% better on the 1050, it’s not a good card.

In this particular case, I wouldn’t bother uninstalling the old drivers. The driver download from Nvidia is the same file for both cards; I think you’ll just end up right back where you started when you’re done installing the “new” drivers.

Cause the 760 has been finally dying on me and the 1050TI was affordable for me

Just in case, I would definitely start from scratch and remove the current drives even if they will be the same. Nvidia by default will auto-download an old drive when deleting your current ones (I learned this recently) and then delete old drives when installing/updating to newer ones. But sometimes in this process, over time of auto updating to newer drives- the old one may POSSIBLY bug out and still be somewhere on the backend of the system. So its always a good idea to just delete your current drives and start from scratch when getting a new card.

2 Likes

Should have done some research. A RX 570 obliterates the 1050ti and costs less.

Did you just come to this thread to give me a hard time? Things bought, can’t be returned.

3 Likes

no, but point is, always do research before you buy. and most places you CAN return things so /shrug

IIRC the driver is the same.

You should be fine with just swapping it out. I’d only really bother if you were changing teams.

1 Like

Last month I went from a 760 to 1060ti. I had no problem with drivers. I did update the driver but didn’t bother to uninstall the old one.

1 Like

Did you come to the forum just to complain about someone pointing out your bad decision with a giant chip on your shoulder?

Of course not. However, I was asking a simple question and there was no reason for him (or you) to be snarky. None.

Question was answered a few times already. Card is installed. And yes, it’s still better than what was about to die in my computer.

Thank you to those that were actually helpful over here.

2 Likes

Way to miss the point.

He was TRYING to help you - I.E. trying to prevent you from making a terrible purchase.

Grow up, kiddo. Or better yet, dont. Im sure the whining will get you far.

Just ignore the trolls.

Use DDU to clean out old drivers and install new ones. I’ve had drivers function but it wasn’t until an OS re-install I got nice perf boost. For WoW you might not see a huge gain but your upgrade might help in newer games.

Lol? he was trying to dump all over his purchase. it is easily possible to recommend the 570 instead of the 1050 ti without also being a miserable person in the process. calling it a terrible purchase is also an exaggeration. you don’t know what he paid or what he will use it for outside wow, for which they’ll both do fine.

3 Likes

It’s not an exaggeration https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/2884-gigabyte-rx-570-aorus-review-vs-470-580-gtx1060/page-5 Plus you can get a 570 for 129.99 after rebate, or even lower if you dig around, lowest 1050ti I’ve seen is around 160.

Plus the 570 comes with 2 games that are worth 100-120 bucks alone. I’m seriously just trying to prevent people from wasting money by purchasing without researching.

This was just posted here the other day even This RX 570 is only $99

WoW is actually the only game I seriously play and the only MMO I play so this card is fine for me. Plus I quit raiding years ago.

As for Mr Mage and that equally rude warlock: your advice was given way after I purchased the other card. The return policy Frys has for store pick up only lets me replace it with another 1050TI if the one I have is defective. Box had already been open by the time I saw your post. Idid not see a deal for that card you are showing when I purchased this one.

Now quit harping on me please.

2 Likes

if you’d make good posts where you suggest the 570 that would be fine. but instead you make posts dumping all over people. i would suggest it isn’t an exaggeration that your posts in this thread have been terrible. but then again, whether something is terrible is subjective isn’t it. you probably don’t think your posting is terrible, and i don’t think the 1050 ti is terrible. to each their own.

1 Like

The 1050ti being terrible isn’t a question, it’s a fact, it’s quantifiable. And I was more then civil, unlike the OP. I only asked him why he went with a 1050ti, pointed out it was more of a side grade an not an upgrade, and he could have gotten more for his money.