Questing lazerchicken roatation?

Hey all, SO, getting my druid going, been a LOONG time since playing him and had some questions now that I am 112. I know the conventional thing to say is “Moar dots”, hit like everything in the zone and then starfall them down=profit.

However, while leveling, I get blown up trying to do that, duh, i know.

So, from what all you vets remember, are dots really worth it while focusing questing mobs? like, shouold I just be spamming wrath for the most part and then bursting with surges and owl procs?

I can do whatever, it just feels, like…weird to waste 3 seconds of globals per mob on sending dots, and then spamming lunar at a long cast time. Feels ineffecient I guess.

Coming into this without things like the legendary, gear that made eveyone feel like a god at the end of the last expansion.

Thanks guys/gals, Drood is for fite.

Ill be honest, I don’t know much about boomie leveling but I found feral/bear leveling one of the easiest specs to level in. Almost every ‘kill x’ quest I would aggro as much as humanly possible with rake, get a Primal Wrath off with thrash and then just spam swipe till everything dies. Bear is even easier, things take maybe 20% longer to die but you litterally dont take damage.

1 Like

Boomkin main here.

So as a general rule, starfall is pretty weak. Your dots contribute to your astral power gain. If you run twin moons, your moonfire will hit two mobs, and regardless of talents, your sunfire always hits everything in range. If you run Arcane Pulsar (azerite trait), it is generally always a better idea to starsurge. When you star surge, you gain stacks of lunar and solar empowerment. This decreases the cast time of both casts, makes them hit harder, and causes solar wrath to hit all targets in a specific range.

AKA, your single target rotation is your aoe rotation.

Back to your original question, yes it is worth it usually. However, if you are destroying the mobs just from a couple of solar wraths, then don’t bother. It really depends on how long they are living, and how many you are pulling.

If you are aoe leveling, pull with moonfire, and then sunfire when they stack up. Use starsurge to gain empowerment and then aoe the mobs down with solar wrath/lunar strike.

Boomkin can be squishy early on, so be careful.

Super helpful, thanks for all this. I couldnt figure out why dotting and starfalling 3 mob packs was taking so dang long and ending up with me beat to a pulp.

Awesome advice.

The main thing is boomkins aren’t tanky at those levels, so it can feel kind of weak compared to what other classes are doing.

I don’t think that went away till a certain iLevel at 120, but now doing world quests I get impatient if people aren’t pulling the whole area.

It’s just a bit slower than you’d think until that point. I either did what the person above posted, or I’d pull 2-3 at most and single burst them down, using dots and lunar strike splash as extra damage for the other mobs.

I used resto affinity for the extra heals and made use of them a lot. I found that was faster than guardian affinity.