Quest patch

Do we know if all quests will be in the game or will they be gated like how “other servers” do it and not have new quest hubs in till around phase 3-4?

We do not ‘officially’ know, but I’d imagine that Blizzard is taking a similar approach as they’ve done with the “insignificant items” on drop rate tables.

We might not see Thorium Point or Silithus until the relevant patches, but likely all the quests that were added to existing hubs will probably exist. No official word that I’ve seen though. Just like whether the pre 1.4 mounts will be available.

that would include hinterlands since they where not added till 1.5

Possibly, but they’re not “significant” content compared to Thorium Point (where Thorium Brotherhood rep became far more farmable for end game) or Cenarion Hold (which controlled all the Brood of Nozdormu and Cenarion Circle rep and the gate unlocks).

I suspect we’ll have all questlines that are not directly attached to new raids.

I mean I would imagine based on Kaivax’s statement in the itemization thread that all quests that aren’t tied to content to be released in a later phase will be available.

Yeah he doesn’t specifically mention questing, but if it doesn’t require you to be able to access content not yet out yet, I would imagine it will be available for questing.

The first half of the quote refers to content. And quests (and their rewards) are most definitely content. But they’ve also made concessions to not gating insignificant stuff.

This refers to items, specifically, but the logic applies to lower level quests (like the Hinterlands).

Yes, but most quest rewards fall well short of being strong enough to do anything more than dungeon runs. Quest hubs that aren’t tied to raid content will likely be available at Classic launch. Cenarian Hold in Silithus will probably not get all of it’s relevant quests until AQ drops. Other quest hubs that have nothing to do with raiding/BGs will probably be available even if they didn’t exist at the launch of Vanilla.

Edit: Also in the 1st part of the blue post you quoted because I didn’t, he mentions that the content will be unlocked progressively to allow each raid tier to shine. Quest rewards don’t fall into the category of raid tiers.

Edit 2: Well most don’t. I imagine Thunderfury falls into the T4 category of raid tiers. (yes it’s a joke)

There were also a couple of items from TP and CH quests that were near or at pre raid BiS. This was my point about insignificant quest hubs.

True but a lot of the hubs added in 1.5 are just to help with leveling as well.

And I imagine those ones that are not significant to the end game raiding, will all be available at launch.