Quest markers in the map?

Weren’t quest markers supposed to be a thing in wotlk? How come it wasn’t added? Did I happen to lose some community drama over it too?

I kind of remember that. Hunter tracking differentiated between hostiles (red) , neutrals (yellow) and friendlies (green) but they are all red atm. I am inclined to believe that they anticipated a 2 year re-creation time (2 years for classic → TBCC) but TBCC ended after a year. Maybe they plan to fix/add things that were in WotLK TOG but, given all the other crap they’re changing from TOG, I’m not going to hold my breath

For what it’s worth, Questie just released a new version <24 hrs ago which seems to work well enough.

1 Like

I’m having massive issues with my questie tracker, disabling it was the best solution, seeing a few people with the same issue. That’s the only reason I even remembered that quest markers were a thing xd

Yeah questie was having a stroke on me last night. It even had an update so it became virtually useless as soon as Wrath launched.

Are you referring to the modern built in quest helper like in retail that shows where quest objectives are on the map?

I think that was added in Cata with the world revamp.

1 Like

We had a rough version of it in Wotlk, Blizzard has said we will get it… just not likely during p1. I’d have to do some digging to find it.

1 Like

I just want baganon to work again, i have to use this janky aldibag that i can never find the thing that just went into my inventory.

Something happened at the end of prepatch with baganon that disabled me opening bags while the addon was enabled.

Also been having the questie issues everyone else had. Sort of expect it with a new patct.

1 Like

They didn’t add the built in quest tracker for whatever reason, this was known for months now. Gotta use Questie.

Here we go, they said we will get it… at some point.

3 Likes

Double check what version you are running. If you use curseforge, find the addon, click it, go to versions and make sure you are NOT using the beta versions. The issue you explained happens if you are, click install on the latest Release version and it should work just fine. For what ever reason a while back Curseforge auto updated to the beta versions instead of staying on the release versions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.