Quest Levels in Quest Log (Classic)

Heyo – I’m probably just searching for all the wrong terms to find what I need.

Anybody have the name of a Classic-compatible mod (or a link) that will display the level for quests directly in the quest log? I know I had this back in “retail” when that was TBC/WoTLK. I do have the Questie mod enabled and while displaying quest levels on the map is helpful, I’d like to have that number displayed on the quest log (I’m very … particular … about the order in which I complete low-level quests, to maximize reputation gain).

I second this request.
I know CT Mod did it back in the day, but that’s not available in Classic and it doesn’t look like it will be updated for it.
Like OP said Questie ‘does’ show the quest level. However, having it on the actual quest log is quite helpful.

Quest XP Tracker at wowinterface - it can only get xp for quests you pick up after installing

I found one that works.
QuestLogEx - you can find it on wowinterfacedotcom

1 Like

Thanks – this is pretty close to what I’m looking for. I do, however, appear to have the same problem as shown in one of the comments:

https: // www.wowinterface . com / downloads/fileinfo.php?id=24980&so=DESC#comments

But it’s a start – thank you!

Paste the following into addon.bool.no

local o = GetQuestLogTitle
function GetQuestLogTitle(index)
    local q = {o(index)}
    return q[4] and q[1] or "["..q[2].."] "..q[1], unpack(q,2)
end
1 Like

CTmod CT_Core scroll down to Quests check the box

Oh, very cool. I didn’t realize CT_Mod had been updated to a classic-friendly version. I’ll just download that now while I’m waiting in a queue. Thanks!

Thanks, exactly what I needed

Your welcome. :slight_smile:

Recent versions of CT_Core also include a fix to play nice with Questie so you can run both together.

~ Dahk Celes, current CTMod developer

1 Like

“I know CT Mod did it back in the day, but that’s not available in Classic and it doesn’t look like it will be updated for it.”

I know this is a slightly old post, but I’d like to state that I’ve been using CTMod since the release of Classic, so it would appear as though this is either wrong, or I just got lucky? I doubt that its luck though.

Anything for this that works in WotLK?

I have used QuestLogEx since vanilla Classic, but prepatch broke it, and it hasn’t been updated since 2019. CTMod also appears to be borked, and it hasn’t been updated in a year.

Thanks.

For what its worth, CTMod was updated a couple weeks after your post.

I just found these comments when searching for this same thing, so thank you!. The CT_Core did add levels to my quest log, but I was really hoping to be able to see level numbers beside the quest in the list on my UI on the right. Is there a way to add them there? I swear they were included there in TBC but maybe I’m misremembering.