Quest "Greymane's Gambit" is bugged: guns misfire, making it virtually impossible to complete

Had this issue with my paladin and I sent a ticket and a GM completed the quest for me. Now doing the legion questline on my horde alts and it’s still bugged. Sent another ticket last night hopefully this gets fixed seeing as it affects anything that requires you to shoot.

This is unfortunately not working for me either. I’m unfortunately gonna have to wait for this to be fixed to complete. I just can’t get the number of kills needed.

I’m also dealing with this bug. It looks like the projectiles are colliding (and originating from) the back of the cannon. In certain angles the shots will not collide with the cannons, but it seems to be a very small window on very few guns. The other possibility is the collisions boxes of the rest of the ship are larger? I don’t know… but fix it.

For starters, DO NOT use auto-fire until you find the locations (it clouds up your line of sight to fast).

1. The forward gun overlooking the cliff side has a horizontal strafe area window which will allow up to 23 kills.
  2. The next sweet spot; If you mount the gun in the back of the ship overlooking the ships down below, point the reticle in between the sails (the mast pole itself) on one of the ships in the harbor (farthest away) down below, you will find a sweet spot where shots can get through landing on the mast. The bats will continue to swoop in a downward spiral intersecting with your shots over time. Took a bit to find it…be patient…you’ll get there.

I just completed this quest on a protection paladin at level 42, took a long time but like the others mentioned, it’s possible to complete it by just waiting for the bats to get close.

A few things I found, the bat fly pattern will change after so many are killed. So I could target a few from standing at the front of the ship by spamming the targeting button and throwing my shield but after five, they changed the flight pattern. I then moved to the guns facing the cliff and aimed down, waiting for the bats to fly down into range. Took a while but got 30 and it’s frustrating to say the least.

In Ardenweald, you can at least shoot them when facing them after they have flown overhead. Anything past you is game, but oncoming is busted.

Same, it has taken almost an hour to get to 25, and that’s only because some of the Dreadwings swoop down below. But as I approach 30 this has happened less and I’m stuck on 25. Since this is a quest that brings us to Stormheim, it inhibits being able to complete this quest series. What can be done about it? please let us know.

Confirmed, this is a problem. I’ve tried several days now, no addons loaded. My rogue is stuck trying to get into Stormheim.

I was able to fire by the waterfall/rocks and down by the ships. Other than that, the bombs detonated on top of me.

Same issue today 11/29/21
Can only get to 21 before they stop swooping down into the right corner so it’s basically impossible to complete with my lvl 11 ally ret pally

I had the same issue as everyone else is describing, so I made the following macro to spam:

/cleartarget
/tar Forsaken Dreadwing
/cast Agony

Use whatever instant-cast, long-range ability you have

HOW IS THIS STILL AN ISSUE?

IT’S BEEN OVER A MONTH SINCE FIRST REPORTED.

I am dealing with this as we speak. My wife dealt with this 3 weeks ago.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/256989

1 Like

Oh blizz employees can fix my post in under an hour but can’t fix this new bug in under 2 months lmao

Is this a joke? Fix this. I can’t even get into Stormheim to get Balance of Power because I’m stuck on this stupid quest. Has there even been a response on this from a blue? Trying it right now and stuck at 22.

1 Like

New player here - this is f***** - I want to be a lightforged and can’t progress.

"HOWEVER, it is still doable. Use the righthand guns, point them down, and take out the low bats to get to about 25.

Along the dark wood strip, near the front of the ship (just before the stairs), 2-3 bats will pass overhead within 30 yards (Could grip as a DK). If you are still short, try this next part (Had to do for my last one)

Go to the front of the skyfire. Jump on the figurehead (Jump at the fat turret then walk the railing). Next, jump AT THE FIGUREHEAD WING on the right hand side of the ship. It is a slope and you can slowly run at it to slowly rise to the right (recommend dismounting). hop onto the top of it, then try to carefully walk along the top of it to level out, and hop back to the wing tip in the back. More bats will pass overhead within 30 yards.

We shouldn’t have to do this, but it’s better than being locked out of a zone."

How is this the only way I can get into a zone? Your quality control is terrible. No wonder people are leaving this game in droves. This was an awful experience.

I have confirmed that this happens on both Alliance and Horde on two different servers. Please resolve asap.

BLIZZARD!!! It’s not even shooting to the right when I look up. Please fix this damn quest already! It is wasting my already limited time.
For heaven’s sake, I used to enjoy Legion - now I might never do it again just because of this damned quest.

They all blow up in my face - please fix this quest already!

Can confirm was just able to finish on a druid by standing at the highest point on the ship (literally jumped onto the railing to get as high as possible) and pointing my camera upward. Occasionally a bat would obviously fly downward and closer to me than the others. Hit tab and moonfire to pull it, and it counts toward credit.

Sorry to all the melees out there… :frowning: