Quartermaster's Bounty and Warlord's Trophy

I don’t know why but this guy likes you. Do something with it. Quick.

6 Likes

What I gathered as the “intended use” for the sigil was to be for upgrades to the gear you get from capping conquest. Like if you get really unlucky and never see a maledict drop or something, the tokens are supposed to be there to give you some way to not have to use a base-ilevel piece all season. In practice, though - pvp gear in general is just way harder to obtain at item levels competitive to relatively similar difficulty pve content (i.e. a m+10 is easily puggable content now, the equivalent lootbox from arena is accessible to a very small percentage of the arena ladder), which makes the whole thing moot. I’m basically 10 weeks of m+10 lootbox as-is, so there’s very little chance a piece of PvP gear other than my weekly rival box actually does anything for me, and the sigil is still so far underneath that level where it doesn’t make sense.

If the design of this system was left up to me, I would give out at least one coin in each weekly pvp box and maybe another every time conquest is capped. I think the sigil rewarded from your coin trade should be at least the item level you get random drops from arenas as, maybe even the item level your box drops for your rating. I would also reward a coin every time a current season piece is scrapped. The way it works now, there’s just no use for the tokens from two completely different angles: you don’t get enough tokens to reasonably participate in the system, and then the trade for the tokens isn’t a good enough item level to even make it worth using.

8 Likes

Ion is somewhere laughing uncontrollably spilling his bourbon all over his sperry topsiders as he reads this.

7 Likes

Sorry, but this is wrong and you know it is. The entire post is designed to outline the revamp of the rewards system for S2. This hinges completely on the ability to upgrade certain items at the players discretion to relevant levels. Without the Trophy there is no way for a PvP player get relevant azerite.

I am currently at 2.2k cr. This quest turn in, that takes 7-10 weeks is designed to reward a 400 item? That is LOL terrible.

You expect us to actually believe, that someone wrote this post, proof-read it, let at least one other person proof read it, allowed Ion to talk about revamped rewards for PvP only for it to be a typo?

No, sorry, but no. Please upgrade this to what the reward should be. You allowed people to believe for several months that this would be a Trophy. You are finding out now because people attempted to turn this quest in and are confused.

This is akin to PvE raiders receiving the transmog mace from Taloc at the 355/370 Ivl incorrectly. You let them keep it. That was a typo.

This is a flat out backpedal. Fix it.

22 Likes

Afraid to google this.

1 Like

Ok here goes nothing.

Sir Bornakk -

I have made many a post in regards to my beloved mainspec, Marks hunter. Opinions differ on what exactly to do in order to fix it, but we have a quorum consensus on the problems. The matrix of mobility, control, and defensive utility is way off compared to competing specs like fire mage. As seen in the tournament for the one game Jellybeans played it, the hunter just dies without ever really having the chance to accomplish anything meaningful.

I’m not going to flood this post with off-topic ranty stuff, but here’s a really constructive thread that we’ve had going in items and classes for a while. It’s a continuation of the one we had before 815, and before 8.1 (and before launch, during beta, alpha, etc…).

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/8-1-5-x-8-2-marksman-discussion/84343?u=bertimus-sargeras

3 Likes

This is how I envision Blizzard when we mention hunter changes (or any PvP changes for that matter).

5 Likes

Additionally this quest has always rewarded a sigil. Why mention it at all if it was still going to remain a sigil?

5 Likes

Ion and his staff when reading this

9 Likes

Bornakk: Thank you for posting; it’s better to know one way or the other than to be left in the dark.

I do still contend that this is bizarre, counterproductive, disappointing and unnecessarily un-fun design, and hope you will pass this up the chain.

Imagine a design doc about adding these coins to the weekly quest:

DESIGN GOAL: “Allow players, after 10 weeks of capping conquest, to receive an upgrade token that allows a Sinister Gladiator item to be upgraded to 5 ilvls below the minimum ilvl rewards the player has received during those 10 weeks.”

22 Likes

What is this

2 Likes

Fratty boat shoes.

1 Like

You guys have to consider which option is cheaper. Actually change the sigil to a trophy which requires labor(labor isn’t cheap) or send a scared cm(we fired the last one) out to tell the class that we made a typo?

3 Likes

Well I mean the core issue isn’t the name of the item, it’s the function of the item. I don’t think there’s actually a difference in the function of a trophy vs the function of the sigil. I got a 405 trophy from my box this week, but I know you get 405 sigils at some rating because I saw a 2500+ streamer using a 405 sigil on stream last night. Maybe I am mistaken.

1 Like

I think the bottom line is we just want something useful after looking forward to the reward for the last 2 1/2 months. Like the guy above said imagine a design doc that actually detailed what this item does. Makes no sense lol.

4 Likes

This is the kind of stuff that makes me question wether or not Blizzard still knows wtf they are doing.

10 Likes

i turned in 10 quartermaster coins to not get an upgrade hahahaha

7 Likes

Yeah… the amount of time and or bonus rolls it takes to get an item no better that the end of match drops is just stupid. The trophy made sense. maybe 2 or 3 times throughout the season you would be able to upgrade one of the pieces you never get in your chest. This needs to be fixed to match the original design of being the trophy.

8 Likes

Blizzard has shown their true colors for over a decade now. They could not care not one iota about PVP.

Never have.

Never will.

4 Likes

So you intended for it to be a worthless reward? Got it.

11 Likes