QOL Tweaks for M+ Moving Forward: Not Just About Affixes

I def like the idea of benefits for using utility.

While kicks may not apply since they’re off gcd, if tunnel vision dps will be rewarded for binding kick to their action bar, I think they’d be more likely to actually do that.

In other cases, like taking time to mind control incorporeals, I’m straight up sacrificing throughout to do that. Group benefits, but being the scum dps I am, I don’t like that my sacrifice isn’t rewarded :smiley:

1 Like

You win or fail as a group for sure.

But, I personally think kiss/curse should be basically for affixes only. For basic mechanics like kicking, dodging frontal, etc, doing the mechanic is already its own reward since players avoid extra damage or possible death.

I get that you want to encourage people to play better, but I don’t know if the people who do not bother kicking or dodging frontals right now are really going to be incentivized by such buffs anyway. I doubt those types of people are looking to min/max.

yea, I actually regret starting to post here recently. it’s such a depressing experience to read complaining every day and most of it is literal clueless nonsense.

1 Like

I get what you are saying, but I feel like attaching a concrete gain/buff would get more players to use their utilities. There’s seriously been a steep drop off in usage since brute forcing works so well up to a certain point. I think for this season it’s +12s where I felt like +11s were pretty cake, but so many +12s failed this week on such an easy affix combo from basic mechanics.

100%, yes there’s an inherent benefit for people to use them (making the run easier) it’s apparent that brute forcing will be the go-to whenever it’s possible. Rewarding those who use their utilities will make the GCD usage better than continuing to tunnel.

1 Like

Going from multiple tracks to one single track (like bullion) does sound good initially.

The parts that might make that weird for m+ specifically are discounts and max upgrade level.

Unless it’s capped at hero track, it would allow for myth track farming from m+2

If it is capped at hero track, well now we’re back to having multiple tracks.

Using an enchanted crest to upgrade a piece to the next track does seem like a decent option.

Right. In general, encouraging good player behavior and rewarding it with buffs is the right way to go.

early neltharus is a great example. Don’t stun mobs, you’re gonna get channeled. If you get channeled, you gotta pop a defensive.

If the mob isn’t stunned, someone’s popping a defensive. Depending on the nature of that defensive, like in the case of an spriest, dispersion is effectively mutually exclusive with dps throughput.

So, not stunning the mob forced the spriest to disperse, costing group damage. Alternatively, stun the mob, get a ~5% dps increase for doing so, and the priest doesn’t have to disperse. (although, in the much more likely case of lower keys, the priest just dies. Hell, I’ve died to it!)

Win win, vs lose lose.

i like most of these ideas, especially the ones regarding keystone options

im indifferent to kiss/curse vs pure curse, though i think the attempted set of kiss/curse we’ve got inc arent too great. gimmicky.

i dont have strong feelings whether fort or tyran should stay. i appreciate the variation they bring but i don’t like how long boss fights can get when paired with tyran

im glad you brought this up, because i was just trying to get feedback on this in the competitive subreddit. i have been an advocate for this for a very long time. i am starting to rethink my position in regards to fortified only. tyrannical needs to go without question.

so what does removing fort actually do to improve anything? genuine question, because i cant make the argument anymore. lets say that right now i could do a 15 nokhud and that was my limit on fort. if you removed fort, eventually the mobs would have the same hp and dmg at some point, and that would be my new limit. maybe thats 25, who knows. or they could remove it and just scale the mobs differently, but thats the same thing as just keeping fort. so what am i missing?

You aren’t missing anything.

Fort is 30%, so it’s similar to trash of a tyrannical key 3 levels higher.

Tyrannical is 10% damage and 40% hp, so the boss damage or a fort key 1 level higher and the HP of a fort key 4 levels higher.

It just kicks to the can down the road so players can “feel better” I guess.

i mean, it is literally not possible for EVERY cast to be stopped throughout the entire dungeon and some casts are worth wasting a stop or interrupt.

so people would get punished because they let a harmless cast go through?

So speaking strictly on the changes to keystones.

I do not think keys should have a range that they work in (multiple dungeons), nor do i agree with the charge system.

And thats because m+ is a 5 man content base. As such, you have 5 options for keys (in guild/group/community settings), and infinite in the PuG world.

Same applies to depleted keys. Lose a level, LFG system allows you to go right back into the same key at the same level range.

Now this isnt to say im 100% against the ideas and if it went through i wouldnt complain. Just with how the system works, i think being able to invite others or go into others keys solves these problems

Removing fort or tyrannical isn’t good because they provide a different feel week to week. We lose one differentiator and gain nothing.

It’s not like losing a stack would be that detrimental. You are assuming the extreme where missing 1 interrupt will have devastating consequences.

The removal of Fortified and Tyrannical would mean that they would have to adjust the base scaling of both trash and bosses, but would open the Tier 1 affixes to be something else. Tier 1 could be strictly kiss/curse style while they can keep Tier 2 and 3 with affixes that directly impact the trash itself like it is now.

If blizz takes anything from your post please god let it be this. Raiding every other week, sorry I mean Tyrannical is the worst. Not only do you spend all your time on bosses, non-boss enemies dying faster isn’t fun for any ramp spec.

Also all they do is create massive tuning issues.

Generally though I’d support most of your changes. I think the charges and key options would have to go to 2 before expanding further.

The only thing I don’t quite understand fully is exactly how you want to change gearing. To me, using enchanted crests vs 15 at a time only provides less flexibility in how I’d like to allocate my power increases.

Yeah I can see that

More people crying on GD about wanting keys that never deplete that gets hundreds of replies. There’s a purpose for them depleting, but they want to keep trying to say removing it will be better when it will clearly lead to more issues.