QoL / “Bring Back” Wishlist

Allow group finder below 50, and bring in a real covenant campaign skip, not the sad joke we got last minute.

Oh, and stop with the Pathfinder or other timegates for flying. I really wouldn’t care having to earn flying if I could earn it after reaching level cap and not a patch or two later when you finally decide to let us earn it.

You guys had your chance to prove you could make a good game without flying in WoD and didn’t succeed, time to stop snubbing the players.

1 Like
  1. Open mythic raid lock outs to be the same as heroic and normal once the HOF is over. Let people play the game.

2. Let people mount inside.

3. Stop having dismounts under small overhangs right next to portals (korthia) just so people have to mount again after 5 steps.

4. Masterloot

5. Tier sets… not obtainable through other content outside of where they drop… being able to get tier set pieces by other means demonstrates a lack lf understanding about why we want them.

6. Separate tier sets for m+. The best gear should come from the content you get it from, otherwise there’s no progression.

7. Emblem vendors to sell non tier set pieces to supplement gear sets (wrath).

8. Stop making normal dungeons, heroic dungeons, normal raids, lfr raids, and even m0 all completely irrelevant by design. If you can buy a full set of gear for like 12k that is better than most of your content has to offer, then you wasted your time designing said content. Dont make 75% your own end game content worthless on purpose.

9. Flying in zones. It doesnt help anyone or please anyone to let people fly in zones they dont go to anymore.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Divine Intervention.

and dont’ take it away again.

1 Like

I would have to agree. Master loot has no place in retail wow anymore. The trust across the wow community is gone.

There are two groups concerning ML. 1. Those with longterm guild standing and deep friend connections who vote in favor of it knowing they will get gear rather quickly. 2. There is those against ML with short-term or no guild standing at all knowing it will be weeks, even months of raiding b4 they see gear. This doesn’t even account for the chances of There being repeat classes in the raid.

So, either way the answer is somewhere in the middle but blizz will miss it by a mile for the first 5 or 6 times.

Ultimately I did not create this post to talk about ML, but to take about the things that were not on the list.

1 Like

I’m on board for that. That would be super cool. However, I see it having a similar niche to Demon Hunters with Warglaives. It doesn’t make too much thematic sense to have any tank class aside from warrior (granted only warr/pally uses a shield) to use a spear. If it were to be a separate weapon class, it could do more harm than good. I’m not sure.

This is what I meant by it, if that wasn’t clear I can go edit the post. I don’t need talent trees for pets, I just want my pet to be any of the three available specs. Keep the pet specific abilities, and give the spec related ones around.

There is an entire post I made on the council about flying if you want to check it out. (9.2 and the increased flying grind)

Remove rez timers for wpvp deaths. No reason to get a 2min rez timer cuz a raid group is griefing people. More graveyards in patch zones like korthia or let us fly when dead. Remove honor nerf pre-60. ilvl brackets for non-rated pvp, nothing fancy just 2 brackets, 1 for people with no gear like 210 and under and one for people above that.

1 Like
  • Bring back all portals that were ever removed.

The world has a massive number of zones and new ones are added every couple of years. EK and Kalimdor are especially huge. It takes long enough to get to some zones that I don’t even bother anymore. I hardly bother with northern EK anymore as alliance because it’s too inconvenient to get there. We need multiple portals per continent. Let us get to content quickly and efficiently so that we can spend a larger portion of our time in game focused on doing the content we want to do.

• Add portal rooms to all major cities.

Let us choose which city we prefer based on aesthetic by making all cities equally convenient to get to. I want that to include my favorite city, Darnassus (and I suppose the Undercity for horde players as well) - I know that’s likely wishful thinking, but for me as a night elf fan it’s very important.

2 Likes
  1. Well, it would be pretty simple really to just apply the spear use to just warrior and pally tanks. Blood dk, bears, BM monks all can use polearms I believe, so it’s not THAT much of a stretch. Also, DH don’t need the ability to use them like that as they and monks are the two tanks that can viably dual wield as tanks. It certainly fits the warrior theme and I don’t think it would too much of a stretch for pallies.
  2. I see what your saying now, although I read it as 3 new talent trees. Honestly, I do not like the idea of just giving dps talents/abilities bc you spec dps pet. One of the LARGEST issues that I hear across the board is “what’s the point of the pet?” Just more pixels and something I have to monitor so it doesn’t do something stupid while having almost no interaction with the pet. Then you look at, say, demo locks, and the entire dps profile is centered around buffing tyrant. These are obviously two opposite outliers in the pet systems, which have had continuous bugs and issues with pathing and switching targets, etc…
    I think having one big pet talent tree with 1 of each type of use on each tier promotes a rejuvenated focus on building pet-hunter bonds. It provides the hunter with a say on how they want to raise the pet, which has been lost for a few expacs now, and allows for options… something long forgotten.
    Honestly, I think all the specs with pets need to be reevaluated from a fresh perspective. As of now, they have become quite blank and dismantled that they are no different than the rest of the specs.
    Also: ranged Survival. Live it. Love it. Do it.
1 Like

Also class glyphs back in general if you don’t mind, the classes just feel minimal without them.

1 Like

One of the nice things about the weapon token system from Nathria was that it didn’t really matter what type of weapon got made.

Just having weapons drops feelsbad if a warglaive drops early in the raid and you’re anything BUT a DH, or the old “bow/gun dropped and we have no hunters” (in the pre-PL days at least), but having weapon tokens you exchange at a vendor meant that it didn’t matter what the weapon type was and you could have more exotic weapons like spellcaster swords, warglaives, or with this idea, 1h spears (tbh, a DH tank DW’ing spears would be kinda cool) without unnecessarily bloating the loot tables.

2 Likes
  1. FOMO rewards like the original Mage Tower Appearances. I realize the creator of that thread explicity disagrees, which is unfortunate.

2. Portals.

3. Metamorphosis for Warlocks, at least as a Glyph.

You’re kind of right, but not for the reason you think on the get gear quickly aspect. It will enable faster acquisition of loot by making bosses take less time to kill, as (with a better than random distribution of loot), the raid’s dps/hps will go up faster, allowing bosses to die faster, so there are more items to distribute.

Well, it’s kind of hard to get raid gear if you don’t have a raid team. And almost nobody is asking for master loot back in pugs, only in guild runs.

1 Like

The idea that others will get gear faster bc the main group gets gear faster and downs bosses faster is a laughable reason at best. This isn’t to say your opinion doesn’t matter, it just points out that the method of gearing ultimately won’t gear new guildies any faster. Those players will still have to wait a substantial amount of time for gear.
Ultimately, the reason ML does not work anymore is the absence of trust. Trust that the gear council will distribute gear in a respectable manner is not there anymore. After sooooo many negative experiences in the last 15+ years of playing b4 ML was taken away, i wished to never see it again. I do not trust anyone with my gear, and that’s not a reflection of my guild but my personal attitude from years of bad experiences.

Also stop designing things that are only hard because the environment gets in the way of the camera. Small hallways with low ceilings and things to dodge on the floor are not fun… this should have been learned like over a decade ago… but there’s still things like the level of mortregar where you fight in a hallway… on the stairs… under a low ceiling… with puddles all over the floor. There’s a difference between difficult content, and content that’s difficult because the design sucks.

R.I.P Maw walker, they died tripping down the stairs while fighting a giant Terragrue…

2 Likes

Lastly, USE YOUR TESTING FOR SOMETHING.

If you are going to have test builds / PTR, listen to the feedback of the testers. Stop testing things and then releasing untested versions when you go live. Like, i cannot even believe that’s an acceptable approach… in my line of work, if you told someone you completed testing and then knowingly went live with something untested, that would be blatant negligence and you’d be fired immediately. Stop doing that.

3 Likes

Put all the major city portals back into Dalaren. It’s odd to need to go to a Zeppelin in order to port to undercity. Need to take the tram or flight to get to IF, etc.

On heroic, sure. When you’re talking about mythic, it’s entirely reasonable that better gear allocation shaves a week or 2 off of Sylvanas prog time, and (to a lesser extent), Painsmith.

If you look at the group asking for having the option to enable ML in a guild run, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a lot more achievements for M painsmith and onwards compared to the crowd arguing against.

If you just join a guild farming mythic bosses, most of the core team will probably already have the items you want, which should put the newer person who still needs items at the high end of the priority list, assuming the guild wants you to stay, and no one’s rerolling for next tier.

And to clarify: I’m only asking for a full guild group to have the option to turn ML on

these are the changes that ultimately led me to quit the game. if they reverted them, i’d start playing again:

• all the engineering toys in the toybox should be usable by any engineer toon on the account, no matter their engineering skill level.
  • bring back the portals in capital cities. let people choose their favorite homebase, ffs.
  • the prerequisites to unlock flying need to be scaled way back, and be made available much earlier. hitting max level and completing the main campaign should be all you need.
  • all raids older than the previous expansion should be essentially one-shottable. it’s 4+ year old content that we’ll likely be running hundreds of times. let us farm them without unnecessarily bloated mob health pools. i’m okay with the previous expansion still being a solo challenge though.
  • bring back Totem Mastery for Shaman. so dumb they made the defining characteristic of the class almost irrelevant.
  • and most importantly, bring back the sense of progression!!! you’re actually weaker when you ding 60 than when you started!
1 Like