Qiraji Guardling

Is it still summer to catch her?

Summer doesn’t start until June 21st.

3 Likes

are there any Spring Pets to catch rn?

We don’t have any spring or fall pets, just summer and winter ^^

A bit of history so OP knows he/she isn’t alone in the frustration of having to wait for the Qiraji:

Mists of Pandaria expansion, when pet battling first was added to WoW, dropped in September 2012 a few weeks after end of Summer. Meant anyone who got sucked into pet collecting couldn’t get their Kalimdor Safari or World Safari achievements for nine months until Summer 2013 came around.

5 Likes

The one you want to make sure you get before summer starts is the bear cub in Winterspring. Are there any others, guys?

That’s the only winter one I remember.

I had the opposite situation in that I got my Qiraji Guardling like the first day I want pet hunting.

I had to wait the whole cycle…like 6 months…before I could get the Winterspring bear cub.

The winter one is the Snowy Owl. The only bear cub I know of in Winterspring is the Anodized Robo Cub, and it’s up year-round.

There are a few conditional spawn pets:

• Restless Shadeling - Early Morning

• Widow Spiderling, Stone Armadillo - Night

• Snowy Owl - Winter (Dec 21st-March 20th)

• Qiraji Guardling - Summer (June 20th-September 22nd)

• Arctic Fox Kit - Snow in Stormpeaks

• Baby Ape - Rain on Jaguero Island

• Silithid Hatchling - Sandstorm in Tanaris

I’m probably missing a few, but these are the ones off the top of my head.

4 Likes

This year the Summer Solstice hits on June 21 and I believe that’s what Blizzard uses to trigger the beginning of Qiraji Guardling season for North American, Brazilian, and Oceanic servers.

3 Likes

Wasn’t there a turtle in the south of pandaria that only spawns once a year?

1 Like

I remember that turtle, it was tied to a festival of some kind I think.

Yes! I think that’s right. It’s been awhile, and maybe they changed it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wanderer’s Festival Hatchling , according to several Wowhead comments, now is available every Sunday night. This was news to me; gonna check it out tonight.

UPDATE: Yep, couple minutes after 9pm Pacific Time bunch of these turtles spawned on the beach.

4 Likes

It is! The difference between the every Sunday festival and the once a year festival is the spawn rate.

The one every Sunday has a fixed number of spawns, so if you don’t manage to engage in battle before others, and all the spawns are taken, that’s it; you’ll have to wait for next Sunday.

The once a year festival has spawns all during the festival.

4 Likes