Q about Covenant abilities not being usable in Azeroth

My question is will they be usable in Timwalking? ( the TW raids too? )

They reverted the change. So the current rules regarding TW should apply.

3 Likes

oh yay! Thanks!

Im a bit annoyed at blizzard about that
we were just an experiment to them

They couldn’t decide if they should do it or not so they put it in beta to test how much we complained

Isn’t that the point of beta? To test things out and see if their successful?

Better than it making it to live and then being changed 2 patches later.

2 Likes

it is the point of beta
but ion literally said they wanted to see if we were angry or not

He could have given a heads up first

Yeah so they put it in the beta to test it and monitor our reactions. I don’t really see why forewarning would be needed on that.

“Hey we are thinking of testing something on the test server to see how you like it. Objections?”

Seems like a needless extranstep when the goal of the beta test servers is to test their changes.

Unless you mean you’d have liked them to explain themselves in the initial patch notes not after they revert it. In which case I guess I can see your point, but I’m not exactly offended by it.

Later, when it was rejected by players Ion claimed it was an experiment. I don’t think it was intended to be an experiment. But they don’t admit mistakes.

I wasn’t impressed by their explanation, which can be found right here:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/cant-use-my-covenant-ability-outside-of-the-shadowlands/668623/58

First of all, there’s this:

we know we’ll need to ensure that a returning player doesn’t need to go back and do the full covenant progression in order to be complete and competitive.

Why do they even need to ensure that? They never worried about this back in the day, when the game was great. Remember when we had to level our Vanilla enchanting to get to Outlands enchanting to learn the Northrend enchants that were OP? That was part of the fun! The only people who didn’t like it were the high end raiders who only care about getting to the raid on week 1 without having to invest any time into their character. For the rest of us, working towards permanent buffs is actually satisfying.

And when that time comes, it won’t feel great to lose something that will have come to feel like a part of your character.

And this one is really puzzling, too, because they’ve never considered this factor the last dozen times that they’ve removed/consolidated/nerfed abilities between expansions. They wreck every single DPS rotation every single expansion, and they don’t even blink while doing it. Suddenly it’s dawned on them that players hate that?

1 Like

I like how even when they listen to feedback, players still give them crap for it. It’s amazing.

What are you expecting when their explanation indicates that they understand that players are unhappy but still completely fail to understand why they’re unhappy? As long as they don’t get it, the door remains open to further bad decisions.

1 Like

To be fair, we’ve been telling them for years now that throwaway systems feel bad. And then they say:

it won’t feel great to lose something that will have come to feel like a part of your character

Well, duh… we’ve only been telling them that for years and asking to not have that again. Yet they did it again, then acknowledged it doesn’t feel good? :crazy_face:

1 Like

“test it” and “monitor our reactions”.

More like : “Oh crap, they hate this, let’s pretend we weren’t sure so they don’t eat us alive!”.

1 Like

It’s almost like their reasoning was “Borrowed Powers bad” which is irritating because that’s what we’ve been telling them. And then on top of it, their “idea” to “fix” this was “disable it outside of Shadowlands”. Which is also irritating as it completely misses the boat on the proper solution the player base has been telling them for years : Stop it with the borrowed power systems.

1 Like

Exactly. Their logic boiled down to, “We knew players were going to be upset when they couldn’t use their powers in the next expansion, so we decided to take them away outside the Shadowlands pre-emptively so that they could feel bad immediately instead!”

How about, just don’t make players feel bad to begin with. Let the work we put into our characters linger permanently like it used to before they decided to segment all professions and accomplishments by expansion.