Q&A Class Pruning Answer

Today’s Q&A skimmed over various topics, and went into slight detail about a specific topic that I’ve been deeply looking for answers on, Class Pruning. I can say with honesty, I wasn’t expecting to hear a lot from the Development side, but I was genuinely more disappointed and frustrated after hearing the answer to the question. A segment of that highlighted here;

That being said, I don’t think I’ve ever felt this sad towards the state of my class and spec, the one I’ve sunk thousands of hours on, to be completely forgotten and disrespected, the Holy Paladin. I am sure there are other classes that feel the same way, having things removed for BfA and then given nothing to fill the gap between gameplay and enjoyment. The transition to Battle for Azeroth gave an incredibly bad taste to what was “given” to us, a PvP talent we already had, and a bad RNG legendary effect as a talent. We lost 100% of our weapon, a passive, and a viable talent, Aura of Sacrifice was made completely useless, our mastery became worse overall.

The team must know there is a problem, they wouldn’t spend the extra resources revitalizing our spell effects right in what might be the middle of the worst time to play the class and specs. I beg for a blue response because our Paladin forums have daily threads about lack of gameplay flow, boring rotations, and just genuinely bar boned skill lists. I see the posts about unsubbing and most people just laugh, but this is serious, people are quitting the game over things like these, I want to have fun playing my Paladin like I did back in Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria, regardless of what the general consensus for those expansions were. I am currently letting my game time run out, not out of bitterness, but sadness because it hurts seeing the game in it’s current decline and frustrating that issues that have been building since pruning began is seen as a good thing for the game.

2 Likes