PW:S absorb Not factoring crits against

It appears by this video, that PW:S may not be reducing it’s absorb size when a strike crits.

He popped recklessness so every strike is a crit, yet the shield never breaks.

I’m not the OP of the video. So I don’t have more information unfortunately.

The creater posted this to reddit, but does not want to submit it as a bug here because he thinks it won’t get handled here and has a better chance of it blowing up on reddit to get addressed.

But…just in case, I’ll post it here for him.

4 Likes

WTF… ten chars

Bumping in hopes of a resolution or explanation!

This is crazy, and needs to be fixed right away.

Reddit post is blowing up. When shared it had 200 comments, now at 400.

Before we go flying off the handle here for this (Supposed) Priest bug, unlike the MC Boat issue, can we PLEASE get someone with a priest to go out, do some testing in-game, record some video, capture the Combat Log and report back?

I’d rather not this turn into hysterics again over something that is either a visual/capture problem with a single video or a thing that is actually working as intended.

According to the Reddit thread only priests who are specc’d into improved shield are seeing the benefits of the bug. And its only melee critical strikes, not spell. The original video posted alone is worthy of investigation.

Yes, tested on Mage and Priest without improved shield.

In this case PW:S and Ice Barrier both deduct critical strikes from the absorb pool. It appears it could be from Imp Shield

Wow please fix this asap blizzard

From the video creater
"Hey, nice to see someone posted my clip. Let me shed some light on this bug. This only affects MELEE critical damage to the priests power word shield. Spell critical damage such as frost bolts work correct. Also hunter ranged damage works correct. Mages ice barrier, mana shields and warlocks absorb mechanics work correct.

So it looks like this is a very specific bug to melee vs power word shield. I found this out because I got owned against all priests even though I used recklessness, which should give me a fighting chance.

You can see my damage on the right side of the screen. You can know I am critting all hits durign recklessness, because theres the “splash” sound that deep wounds proc makes."

1 Like

The damage meter is also active, and he does a total of 5900 damage before the bubble either pops or debuffs from time alone. Not sure on the numbers but that seems like a lot of damage for the bubble to absorb.

Yet another case of complete Pepega from Blizzard

Resolution: Just wait longer.

Explanation: Bad port from head to toe.

I attack a priest and it feels like I’m fighting a paladin. I have a hard time telling the difference since priests’ bubbles are like Paladins bubbles and makes them almost invincible. Totally broken!

If this has to do with Martyrdom, the priest talent that procs Focused Casting, which you can clearly see proccing in the video, this has got to be the worst case of spaghetti code I have ever seen.

2 Likes

There needs to be additional testing.

• Which priest skills do this?
  • What does the combat log look like?
  • Does a sacced voidwalker do the same thing, if so, that needs fixed.
  • What about Ice Barrier or trinkets like the Arena Grandmaster?

The key issue being discussed in other threads (i think this is the 4th one regarding this same vid/reddit post) is priests denying that this is happening, or simply stating this is how it worked in 1.12.

IF this is happening. This is NOT how it worked in 1.12. That is not up for debate.
If this bug is reproducible, then it needs to be properly reported and fixed.

Up, this class needs this fixed, we shouldn’t let this slide.

It’s not 100% of the time, likely has to do with martyrdom. While we’re at it, mindflay is getting pushed back while PWS is up and blackout is DRing with itself. Wtb fixes.