PVP wotlk garbage

Canceled subs on both accounts today. I mainly pvp/arena and its terrible. Had a bg this week with 12 dk bots. wintergrasp is unplayable most times because of lag. Due to server imbalance world pvp is dead. The few servers that have some balance are low to medium pop servers that are mostly dead besides raid loggers. Seems like resilience means nothing. With the improvements to Ulduar gear it can be hard to compete at higher MMR when most will just pay to win GDKP and give up 80k gold for BIS. Cant imagine how bad it will be when ICC drops. Once above 2kmmr seems like every single team is the same garbage keyboard smash comps. How do you f up a classic game? to many changes and small tweeks that had big impact imo. GL to you all going forward.

20 Likes

See you next week on a different character.

3 Likes

Fully agree with OP. Every single note hit.

TBC Era servers with clusters would be great. Wouldn’t have to deal with any of these issues.

6 Likes

I agree!!! There were no bots AT ALL in BC. Not one bot ever. Nope. Not one. None in classic vanilla either! Nope. Not one!

DK and WoTLK started this bot infestation!!! Yep!

2 Likes

Eh i dont blame you at all. I play arena like once a week. I play at around 2k on my priest and these warriors with HM weapons feel like they have completly out scaled me. I dont think im good enough for 2200, and honesty i cant be bothered.

Luckily for me im a PvE focused player, and arena is side content. But if i only played wrath for pvp, i would have quit a while ago for every reason you listed.

Bgs are trash because of bots. Fun fact, if you play a caster in a BG. Its impossible to cast with these DK Bots. Since theyre scripted. They literally insta kick anything you cast. Ive tried making instant cast/cancel macros to see if i can juke them. But they have the ability to kick you before you even get a cast bar on your screen.

WG is unplayable and honor grinding it on 5 toons killed a part of my soul.

Wrath 2s, i will say is some of the most fun ive had in arena for a long time.

3s is just thundercleave and LSP with longer que times and horibble pacing for non-pally healers.

5s is a fun social thing if you play with buddies, but if you just pull a team together from trade chat its the least fun bracket. but some specs shine like boomkin and fire mage

But ya man you should 100% quit, game sucks right now for pure pvpers

6 Likes

I think WOTLK PvP would still suck, even if there was no bots, WG wasn’t laggy and there was no Ulduar HM item. It’s just too bursty and disgustingly fast pace for me.

WPvP died with the introduction of flight mounts to the game.

2 Likes

Idk what server(s) you’ve played on, but there wasn’t really any noticeably difference with flying mounts. WPvP died when BGs came out, for the most part.

On Skyfury for the few months that it was quite active, there was some decent-ish wpvp here and there around fishing daily hotspots.

You invite players to play it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

This makes me doubt you 100%. Resil is night and day difference.

I doubt the 10-19 bracket has many DKs, bot or not.
:axe:

1 Like

You could have fooled me because I don’t see it.

2 Likes

Yep I’m done also… bots have completely ruined the game. It’s literally unplayable.

6 Likes

I agree. i thought I would live longer with 1400 resil. But it felt basically the same

3 Likes

I notice a pretty massive difference between wearing pvp gear and pve gear; though I do have a lot more stam in PVP gear, so that could be part of it. I guess it really depends on how much crit-reduction factors into it.

this is a raiding MMO so…

pvp gear needs to be buffed immensely in terms of resilience

4 Likes

Well DKs don’t exist so they can’t fill vanilla BGs. Vanilla BGs also don’t award experience so bots can’t level there either. And I don’t remember fighting any DK bots in TBC BGs, BG experience didn’t happen until wotlk.

1 Like

You’re so right! Never has there EVER been a bot in a BG before DKs. Nope! Never. Ever!

Huh? you’re on crack if you think BG botting was anywhere near this bad before, at any time in any expansion

Literally 50-90% of the chars in certain bracket BGs are DK bots. This after a supposed “120,000 account banning”

8 Likes

Maybe there was some but I never noticed any. And all I did in vanilla + TBC classic was BG. Especially in sub-max level BGs since there’s no experience gain.

1 Like

Me? Nooo! I’m just trying to be as delusional as some of the others in this thread. :joy: