Pvp vs mythic+

in classic you don’t have to worry about going back to get TF and a socket. That is infinitely better than current system.

Classic isn’t the same as bfa though. Two totally different games. One’s an rpg and is designed around rpg elements. The other is an esports mmo. The entire focus is on the competitiveness and integrity of the ladder. It’s solely reliant on balanced fair play whereas an rpg isn’t.

We all already knew pvp was much harder to be successful in than pve. It’s usually a cake walk to pve. The only hard part of pve is getting other idiots to be able to comprehend the 5 min YouTube video for said content.

1 Like

people knew what they were signing up for with Classic tho =/.

I quit the game for 2 expansions because of MoP, it was horrible for kiting hunters in PVP. ……and the raids…sooo boring I was literally passing out trying to complete them.

People should be arrested for saying MoP was good. I’m calling Trump, we’re gonna get that done.

Are you saying that hunters couldn’t kite or kited too much?

Thinks hunters cant kite in mop
Supports trump
Actual yikes.

5 Likes

Like MM hunter was so easy to kite with. If fighting a melee pull out croc pet or crab. Between pet snare concussive shot and the snare from chimera you could pretty much permanent slow them for days if you timed correctly.
Fighting a caster get you a nether ray for a second kick.
Wanted blind get a monkey
Sleep a crane
Could pretty much get every cc in the game with correct pets
I miss my mop MM hunter

1 Like

it is kind of monka

1 Like

mop hunters didn’tneed to kite they specced beast mastery and pressed their macro to end the game

steady shot was our focus generator…you had to remain static to cast it, leaving you almost instantly focus starved. if you needed to kite…which involves moving…

maybe i’m thinking of the wrong expansion, did we lose our mana bar in MoP or Cata?

not everyone likes BM, I know that might come as a shock, but I tried and hated it when it first became viable.

Aspect of the fox existed back then too so you could steady shot while moving

Then you just manually swapped to hawk to do more damage

Definitely could kite a lot as a hunter in Cata and MoP

BfA is probably the hardest time to kite, even though you still can it’s mostly just maintaining a ranged advantage the entire game, but kiting was very much a thing in cata and mop

That was one season, and that’s just something BM experiences when it’s ridiculously fotm (WotLK beastcleave for exmaple)

3 Likes

Well I know for a fact that kiting in Wrath was easier to manage…and the initial focus roll out sucked down power for damaging shots so fast that you were left focus starved more often than you could do credible damage or escape from melee. What was aimed shot back then? Like HALF the focus bar to cast?

I do miss the pet versatility.

Wrath kiting was easier since you also had tons of extra utility but it was also just slightly different playstyle of hunter (optimal WoTLK kiting anyways still meant getting your autos off so stutter stepping for it)

In Cata it was just bad for the start for hunters mostly just damage wise

Aimed shot did cost half your focus but it also did a ton of damage too, there were still also the instant aimed shots you’d get from master marksman (also was possible to get a double aimed shot if you shot a steady then casted an aimed shot and it procced once the steady hit). Usually you wouldn’t hardcast aimed shots that much though, you’d mostly just chimera shot off CD and keep arcane shot spamming. You’d only really go for aimed shots as thugcleave for super strong openers

But really it wasn’t too bad, Cata hunter was super strong towards the end just was very undertuned at launch

Thanks for filling in the holes in my memory, I didn’t stay through Cata or Pandaria, I think that’s why I get them mixed up.

1 Like

On a scale from 1-10 how much do you hate yourself?

Thug was pretty much disgusting in cata and you could die like against rmp if you didnt pop a defensive on their opener or their goes