Pvp vs mythic+

Like is there even a reason to do arenas?

4 Likes

help me big doze does size matter

4 Likes

Venruki started a thread about bad gearing in PVP at launch.

Here we are over a year in and it’s still bad.
The Devs and this useless spanner Ion still don’t get it. They are the biggest joke in the history of this game.

18 Likes

Other than for fun? No.

There’s a reason why the best geared players in the world haven’t even played a single arena game.

9 Likes

thats a big yikes. guess that answers that. weirdchamp

I had to do PVP to get my BIS pve azerite.
some of my best PVP azerite comes from PVE.

While i will say that targeting off pieces and trinkets and things is easier from doing mythic +. getting key things like high ilvl weps and bis azerite mostly come from raiding on a mythic level or high end pvp. ofc at the highest lvl of play 2400+ you can get a 455 wep if it warforges out of your chest were 450 is the best you can get from mythic + chest. doing residuum will get you 1 chance at a gamble every 2 weeks if you manage to do a 15 every single week. but if you had to save 200k residuum then you can pick 1 azerite piece of your choice once every 8 weeks this is ofc if you are doing 15s. this is the same level character progress as pvp which offers you 5 QM coins a week which at 40 you get a Trophy which can be used to upgrade azerite to 445 and you have more choice over this because the weekly conquest on your way to that 8 weeks will give you the piece you need before you have to upgrade it. there is also a chance within that 8 weeks to get a trophy right away an not need QM. PVP also gives you the option to upgrade socketed lower ilvl things into higher ones without having to re-grind the item, unlike mythic + /raiding you need to get the item and socket an warforge all on 1 roll. Weekly pvp cache is also the only chest you could get a azerite piece from. Personally id rather see pvp chest always give trophies so you can pick what items to upgrade and you can gear a character off pvp alone. but way its setup atm you need to do all content to get bis gear and i dont think there is anything wrong with that. i will say i think gimicky crap in arena that come pve shouldnt exist such as rot crusted vodoo doll, cut of death, levithans, cyclonic, and all the tank trinkets. but something like this has existed since the dawn of arena in some shape or form anyways.

Ran out of breath reading this.

9 Likes

Ill never understand why mythic 10 is on par with gladiator gear wise. its actually a cruel joke. they need to tune it up again and make 15 the good-line for max gear like in Legion not a joke 10.

4 Likes

i know it was long.

Summary

Mythic + gives easy grindable off pieces/rings/some trinkets.

Pvp gives targeted gear upgradeable with a coin system.

Raiding gives chance at random loot off bosses you can kill and possibly other people can trade you if they dont need.

You need to do all 3 to have BIS everything for your class.
I do think that the pve items should not work or be nerfed to 90% effectiveness in pvp to avoid abuse. but unless you are wearing rose tinted goggles this has been the case since arena came into the game.

BC- Macestun stormhearld warriors, black temple mana drain bow.

Wrath- Deathbringers will and shadow mourn

Cata - Vial of shadows and that caster trinket and leg daggers/staff.

Mop - actually cant remember if there was any in mop, it was the best pvp time.

Wod - didnt play

Legion - templates and making tier/trinkets not work in pvp fixed this issue.

BFA - Everything that currently exists.

I do all content available to progress my character the best i can, but this is expected of a raider in a hall of fame guild.

4 Likes

I think its good for the game that gladiators have to do mythic raids if they want a powerful trinket, but there should be a little less separation in terms of how you need to do a mythic + 10 every week if you want to pvp at all.
Legion was much better in terms of pretty much everything, glad they scrapped that expansion philosophy and gave us something new instead, not lol.
Imagine what could have been if they kept the artifact weapons and gave us a new talent ability at 120, but we’re too stupid to know how to press more than 20-30 buttons apparently.

You need to go back and look at it he posted it in dec 2017 that is 9 months before launch

2 Likes

In 5.2 pve trinkets in pvp were kinda stupid. I had the trinket from lei shen that was super op for me, same for feral. Just one example. They did nerf pve trinkets going into 5.3 though

Mop had better class design, but if we are talking gear WoD hands down was the best and most balance answer to pve vs pvp gear

MoP stampede, MoP Optimus Prime warriors, MoP druids with ice block, the “LOL MoP hunter” meme, I could go on and on… When some folks repeat a lie so much other people start believing it, Goebbels was right.

2 Likes

Didnt even last a full season until they nerfed it. But everyone was op back then and it allowed for more counter play than any other time. There wasn’t just 1 comp that dominated. There was many ways to even play 1 comp.

Also because your reading comprehension seems to be low I was comparing mop to wod.

IPvp gearing of chest that is representative of ur rating is a rng chance 1 time per week

430piece 1600 -1800
435piece 1800-2100
440 piece 2100-2400
445/450piece 2400+ Top like 5% of players achieve this

Mythic dungeon clear of 10+key =430 gear piece can be cleared infinitely as many times as u want in a week.
Mythic 10 key is as hard as about a 1600-1800 arena cap. At the end of the week this same 10 also drops a 440 chest 1 time a week, plus drops enough residuum to gain you up to 2 or 3 pieces of azerite from the transmog room in Boralus.

Arena has a chance every 20-25 games to drop a 420ish piece of gear. Each game averaging between 2 and 10 minutes depending on player skill level.

Pvp is infinitely slower at gearing atm than pve. It’s basic math. One dungeon mythic 10 takes 30 to 40 minutes and drops a 430 piece. Pvp 5 minute game x20 games =an hour and 4O minutes for a lesser piece. It’s math I are mathing.

2 Likes

Yeah bud climb the ladder duh. PS werent you barking about how BFA was so much better w/o templates

We would really like to have more impactufl PVP equipment for PVP. Currently it is not even remotely useful.

2 Likes

Dude I don’t know what you’re smoking but mop was amazing class design. Every single class felt super fun to play as they all had awesome buttons.

As for balance wise? Is it any worse than now? Definitely not. Was it better? Probably not.

Gearing was infinitely better.

Seriously mop was amazing for PvP.

venruki is pretty much just a shill at this point.

he cried about RNG in BfA but he some reason absolutely loves it in classic? he will farm the same dungeon 50 times in a row for a shot at loot… lmfaooooo

i dont get these streamers. they must not have muh self awareness because they lie like dogs.

same with cdew… guy did nothing but cry cry cry about certain items being oP… what does he do? he plays classic now and he has the most overpowered pve item in the game, he has no problem using the items he just hates when people use them against him. LMFAOOOOOOOO

4 Likes

It’s different in classic. There is no titanforging, extra stats upgrades, or rng gem sockets. If you get a piece that’s BIS there is finality rather than eternally having to run dungeons for upgrades just to get a piece of gear that isn’t as good as the one you already have on. Also in classic gear is one of the only ways you progress your toon. In BFA there’s so much stuff. Specifically artifacts and essences.

3 Likes