PvP vendors - Shadowlands

I feel like this is incorrect, but only slightly.

No single PvP’er complained in WoD sans trashran. But every PvE’er complained about getting wrecked by PvP geared players in PvP. I’m pretty sure that is the reason we have the system we have now.

3 Likes

they also didnt add the trinket bonuses like we talked about a bit ago. aids.

7 Likes

I don’t really see this affecting more than about 10-20% of the PvP playerbase. Most people simply want to get good gear. Only later down the rankings do you start seeing Secondary stats really start to matter (as people become more sweaty). Personally I think that getting 6 different pieces of armor for 1 item is too high of a stretch and adding PvP stats would be more reasonable. Ion also said that between a PvPer and a PvEr the guy who does both would be about 5% stronger. Going into a raid to farm for a crit vers ring wouldn’t be the end of the world and allows light cross over rather than the heavy cross over we had this expansion.

1 Like

Still wouldn’t be enough by my standards. PvE would still be a giant advantage. For example right now a DH would just throw on 2 heroic slappers and a drest and lose out on 150 PvP power. Sure they’d have to actually use PvP gear in other slots but I don’t see that being too difficult for anyone to achieve.

They really gotta go all out with either templates or full blown Mop/WoD gearing for it to work. No half measures will suffice.

1 Like

making demands while holding nothing of value over blizzards head wont really get us far

all we can really do is shoot sht about the best possible way the game could function better for us while under the philosophies they currently hold

and unfortunately they’re very against disabling or scaling anything down in any form of content because it’s ‘anti fun’ for more casual participants

1 Like

True. Gotta thread going in GD if anyone is interested.

Without the WoD scaling the gear will be useless. Most people saw that coming. They are not doing a PvP stat, and they have said it multiple times that it was just a test.

At this point we are praying for gear scaling, like in WoD, or we are going to be in BFA 2.0 with the PvE gear treadmill.

2 Likes

My thing is what did they test and how did they conclude that it wasn’t the move?

Really think about how They implemented this pvp vendor and tested pvp power in conjunction then…scrapped pvp power lol

Its almost malicious at this point, they clearly understand what we want but play dumb if they can find a way to make you PvE

It’s funny because it won’t just be 1 item we go and farm it’ll be at least half our gearset if not more and I’m sure there will be some really good trinkets or weapons with affixes you’ll want every season

TBH the people that say that ‘pvp was a mini game’ are the very few vocal minority who are butt hurt they got ganked in wpvp.

edit: would also like I think blizzard massively underestimates the replayability for pvp. All we need is a few balance changes, a good gearing system, and fun class design and we can play the same arena maps, bgs for years on end. The pvp crowd is overall pretty low-maintenance compared to pvers needs a gagillion new dungeons and raids every 6-8 months.

But ya if some says that 5% pvp stuff you, just link em this video:

7 Likes

They probaly have interesting data from Vanilla population / pvp interest.

TBC will also be interesting. I’d imagine most people will play TBC for the PvP. Unless people are that nostalgic for rep grinds, keying, and old class design, which i can’t hate on honestly.

1 Like

PvP Power isn’t “the move” because it’s confusing and for the general player base, having lower item level doesn’t feel fun, especially with the way the Meta has developed and the importance it places on Item level.

PvP Power in WoD was a decent idea, but it was not without flaw. Gems and enchants were a mess to min/max, PvP Power had different values of strength depending on the content you did and if I’m not mistaken, the “hidden PvP Scaling” began in WoD, making PvP Power even more convoluted, for your average player.

Note: The system is a mess with hidden PvP changes that the general public isn’t made aware of in game. Paladins, Druids and Warlocks all received hot fixes on spells in 8.0, that still apply to the game today.

Until separate tooltips come around, this will never be solved.

Now-a-days, with the growth of item level every tier, the expansion of PvP Power would be bonkers. It would be awful to try and balance PvP power vs item level power, not to mention the kids who scream of having to carry around so much gear, or the illusion of power loss.

Blizzard only cares about dragonslayer’s so they cater the game to them. When they come into arenas with their 9000 ilvl they got for literally 10x easier content they can feel like big boiz and do big dam. If your someone who doesn’t want to PvE like myself then you get screwed. Also all these stupid game systems they implement every xpac is just a joke to help shift us to PvE content eitherwise we wouldn’t do any of it. The truth of the matter is we are all a bunch of idiots paying and / or spending the time to play this dumpster fire because we are all chasing the dragon that will never be there again, but it is not a raid dragon so we lose.

6 Likes

ive said it for months and I stick by my claim… shadowlands is gonna suck butt.

maybe not as bad as BFA but its gonna be a stinker, no doubt about it =(

you dont even play the game. you opinion is invalid

How is it confusing to have resilience on gear? All it is is a flat dps reduction/increase to incoming and outgoing damage. It is literally pvp specific versatility…that’s it!

1 Like

I love people haven’t actually read about vendors, because they still haven’t said how the upgrade systems will work for the pvp gear.
So before we jump on the bandwagon on a system that has yet to be announced, how about we wait then judge once the rough draft finally gets shown.
Also the vendor is just place holder items.

1 Like

And you are missing the entire point that many people think there should be a PVP stat or at least a trinket set bonus or something.

Waiting to see what the upgrade system will be doesn’t matter.

This “don’t worry, they’ll fix it!” and “it’s just alpha/early beta/beta/first patch” garbage needs to stop.

jUsT wAiT fOr tHe RouGh dRafT :crazy_face:

How about no. Don’t ever tell people to “wait” to leave feedback about something.

2 Likes

I am not against this at all.
The main point of this thread is to rile people up to grab their pitchforks and it’s not very constructive.

If the upgrade system is exactly like benethic like they claim and conquest is only thing needed to upgrade the gear, that combined with if they just do conquest gain is increased based on rating, then eventually everyone would be on an equal footing.

If the gear turns out to only be less than mythic by around 5 ilvls, then this will work just fine.

Except they never once said how the pvp vendors will function or even what the gear looks like. Y’all are literally just bashing on blizz for nothing so far.

If it makes it to the first patch in a broken or unsatisfactory way then don’t buy the game.
I personally still haven’t and won’t pre order this, and will only buy if I am satisfied with how the launched title looks.

I sure will when you have literally nothing to base how it will look.

1 Like

This from other post.

1 Like