PvP Vendors in 8.2 straw poll

But they understand how PvE vendors work without a problem? The logic behind this is negative — negative logic. Logic being absent would be considered better.

Did you watch the video? That’s literally the example Ion gave.

No, I’m at work. Of what I said, what gave you any indication that I didn’t believe you? It doesn’t matter what the excuse is because the excuse is stupid.

1 Like

Ha sorry, just re-read it. It is a dumb excuse. Maybe Ion was like “Oh they’re upset? Blame it on WoD, they all hated WoD anyway.”

PvP vendors existed before WOD though. I hope he didn’t actually believe that the players would accept and believe that hogwash. As I said, it’s negative logic.

1 Like

I just watched it. My eyes rolled back so far I glimpsed brain.

I predict he won’t hold this job too much longer (if they’re smart). WoD was awful (selfie cams, twitter and garrison mushrooming?) BfA is flopping spectacularly. Strike two.

2 Likes

My win rate on my Alliance character is pretty great for Seething Shore, so this makes perfect sense. :laughing:

1 Like

Of my 120 alliance toons i am at 76% win rate collectively on Seething Shore. Of my 120 horde toons i’m sitting at 56% win rate on Seething Shore. I also like to look at people profile when they complain about a specific BG, more often than not, the BG they’re complaining about is the BG they lose often.

1 Like

I do recall in an interview they addressed the infamous “selfie cam” and twitter functionality. They said the selfie cam and twitter were basically pet projects someone did over a weekend for fun, and the big mistake was the 6.2 content was weak and didn’t warrant a “content patch” number.

Doesn’t surprise me. I afk out every time I see it (not because of win rates, as I rarely see how they end), I wonder if others do the same. Maybe the Horde always starts short-staffed?

1 Like

It was weak everywhere for me. I refused to play it live when I found out the central theme was garrison, came back for Legion. I blew through Draenor so fast (without looms) leveling up for Legion it was ridiculous.

I don’t notice this happening in my games. They lose typically because the whole team refuses to pursue objectives instead of running around in a glob.

Horde in battlegrounds have a Zerg mentality. Zerging doesn’t work well in Seething Shore. While in other BG’s (Temple, Silvershard, Gilneas, etc) Zerging works just fine. Alliance can’t beat Horde in a flat out Deathmatch. That was obvious in Southshore vs. Tarrenmill. But navigating around the Horde to another objective? That’s easy.

Edit: Before someone responds, I mean the average horde player, not every single horde player. The average Alliance player thinks they as an individual are good. That’s why you always see Alliance players complaining that the Horde never fight them in a fair fight (1v1) and usually why you find the average alliance player fighting alone in the roads. . The average Horde players thinks the Horde is strong collectively, so they seem to stick together in larger groups more often.

2 Likes

Bellular has a fun video on cut WoD content, it’s pretty interesting.

But yeah WoD sucked for content but I had so much fun with PVP and WPVP. It all felt so good compared to what we have today.

5 Likes

WOD pvp was actually not that bad it was pve it was struggling with imo

2 Likes

Is this gonna be one of those threads where we pretend the factions are any different?

Only real difference I’ve noticed is the community expectations. Horde typically believe something is a foregone conclusion (and can make mistakes due to arrogance), and Alliance is typically expecting some sort of entitlements (and come to the internet to complain).

Haha, when I lose on my Horde chars the chat looks like

“Well you can’t win them all.”

Vs. the Alliance version

“Alliance always loses”

When I lose Horde-side, I usually see “you guys [freak]ing suck”. Typically from Tich, BH, or one of the South American servers.

2 Likes

I think the raids were fine. It was the lack of content that killed WOD.

They stated that they wanted the “shorter expansion periods with more expansions overall” philosophy which I think changed while Legion was being developed, so they didn’t have content to fill in all of that extra time.

I think we’ve found the common denominator

1 Like

Ty

My overall record for this BG is great and I don’t lag as much as others say they do with this Bg. For me this would be up there with AB as one of my all time favourite Bg’s.

Yeah I’d kill to be a fly on the wall during that time. When Holinka stepped-down or was reassigned or whatever happened, I was kinda hoping he’d quit so we’d eventually see him leave his NDA period and talk frank.

I think they canned half of WoD because they shifted to make a “quick 1-year expansion” but then almost immediately they upped the 1-year one to a full one (Legion), and were forced to leave the half-baked WoD where it was.

1 Like