PvP Vendors in 8.2 straw poll

Crow, you say?

2 Likes

That was a great movie. :+1:

3 Likes

I don’t blame people for wanting this back. I don’t think I do though. I like how my gear can let me hop into a m+ without getting yelled at or kicked. I appreciate how gear is gear now. I just wish there was a better way to go about gearing in pvp that let us have both.

If they let pvp people have a titan residuum currency to target pieces then I’d be ok maybe.

2 Likes

Yeah I like the “gear is gear” mentality. Just the CP acquisition is trash.

Ok wod pvp gear was set for its pve ilvl to be roughly heroic hfc and its pvp activation to be mythic hfc. So that would literally be zero change to current system, except give people who pvp a leg up on pvers in pvp situations. It was still gear with all the same stats. I think yall are thinking about resil and pvp power which was before wod

Wod pvp gear was just gear, just had the bonus effect to jump 30 ilvls when entering pvp combat

Oh I know, I played my [buttocks] off in WoD. I think the current system is fine, at least ilevel wise. The set “path” sucks though. I mean there’s no offhand even, for chrissakes.

Umm yeah thats how it should be. PvErs will still have a leg up on PvPers in PvE situations. The way it should work.

conq gear was 710 and heroic hfc was 720. You still have a point though regardless.

It was a decent entry point if you wanted to start heroic raiding. That’s when I got back into raiding.

Current system is not fine, its very noticeable when fighting the same class as me and if there is a gear disparity we feel it. When fighting other monks with less gear I dont even have to use cds to beat them, its that dumb.

Ok and in pvp the gear still went up to 740. And you arent taking in account that 720 was only after valor upgrade and the second half of the raid, because in wod the first half of the raid was lower ilvl than the last

That’s how it was in wod though. People with lesser gear got their corpse tea bagged. Current system isn’t fine though. Last season when I finally made it to 1800 we played against many people with the 2200(or whatever rating it was) enchant from legion and the mop red. 1800 was 10 times more difficult than hoping into a guild heroic raid run. Plus I can bonus roll on certain bosses to target loot.

2 Likes

I had 17 100s all conquest out pretty easily, because of how good the gearing system was. Yes it required a bit of grind but overall you knew in a reasonable time you would have what you want. I didnt have to do any pve, except when the lego ring finally came out and I farmed it for wpvp, but that was my choice. Currently I dont want to be at a disadvantage because of gearing so I spend all my time on 1.

2 Likes

Yea I liked how it had a beginning and an end to gearing instead of constantly fishing for titanforges.

3 Likes

This all day long. :+1:

Yeah just rewatched it a couple weeks ago :heart_eyes:

Or have to grind weeks of useless conquest bars so you don’t fall behind for the week the Maledict is offered, which is really the only “pvp specific” item in the whole system.

There are battlemaster trinkets, which are arguably considered pvp. But either way wod was a much superior system for pvp gear.

There is scaling so they hit you harder and you hit them less assuming they are undergeared.

so did you just glance over the fact that I said fighting the exact same class as me with someone who is less geared I dont even have to use cds to win, the scaling is there but it’s not significant. I barely have to try when fighting people less geared than me. The scaling is a joke