PvP vendor update 9/16

I actually didn’t mind maledict, especially after they reworked it to ramp up instead of being an instant absorb

Spite could have been fine if it broke cc but I won’t mind seeing it disappear forever

I will take credit for the 2 piece PvP trinket change. You may lavish your praise on me as you see fit.

Overall I am happy with this. The question becomes is the versatility bonus going to be enough to outweigh or at least match the benefits of PvE trinkets. We will have to see. If it does then great. Also with this change it helps with PvE weapons too as you would want weapons with versatility on them so more than likely special PvE ones with effect text like Getti wouldn’t be as good.

There are still other concerns and a complete return to WoD style gearing would be preferred, but overall this is better than I expected. Hopefully this can just be improved upon over time and there is no backsliding.

2 Likes

Feedback is what they’ve gotten since the start of legion in regards to pvp and pvp gearing. Much of it ignored btw. So, if they dont get it at this point they’re willingly choosing to ignore it.

But hey, only a month to go and they just now talk to us about pvp gearing one of their core endgames! When SL its been in development for well over a year.

Iv given my feedback above and many times before.

Their current solution is a half-baked attempt to appease the pvp community which they’ve ran into the ground. Go back to the drawing board would be my feedback.

They’re not even increasing the defensive value of the 2 pvp trinket bonus so, pve trinkets are probably gonna run rampant again. Can you also say hello tanking trinkets?

I’m ngl I’m really excited about this change

1 Like

this is a positive change overall and is a step in the right direction. The vendor will sell 2/3 combos of vers+mastery/haste/crit for each item slot. So basically you will have to do PvE for a few slots of gear that the vendor doesn’t have if you want haste/vers for each piece, or mastery vers etc. I really don’t have an issue with that.

As for the set bonus, it all depends on if the pve trinkets are going to be busted OP or not. Remember in the past even when we had resil there were times when PvE trinkets were BiS in PvP (DBW for example). Maybe make the buff stronger so there is a greater cost to not equipping two PvP trinkets.

I appreciate the update, but I’m concerned that there isn’t much time left to test these changes, especially if it takes them a couple of weeks to add all the new gear to the PvP vendor.

It feels like they’ll be doing a lot of tuning or hotfixing after the expansion is released.

Furthermore, will they be more active with PvP balance changes in SL? Or will it be a repeat of BFA where they mostly just sit back and let the meta evolve on its own?

Same. I am actually looking forward to SL for the first time now. This was the first xpac I just wasn’t really excited about until now. Just really hope that bonus is enough.

1 Like

10% damage is pretty big if that’s what they do.

Idk why people are praising this change, yes they listened but did the bare minimum. It won’t change anything. How about an armor set bonus? 2, 4 and 6 piece set bonus. Or are you too afraid to upset PvErs??? Versatility is just PvP power/resilience combined, why not make it a PvP stat only away from secondary stats.

3 Likes

this post merits 3 responses but i can’t count xD

the play experience is likely to become at least a little bit better due to this change. that’s why we’re celebrating. “nothing will change” is just wrong

agree, vers is boring and i’d rather they break it to not work in pvp so we actually get more of the interesting stats as we gear up, but i doubt they’ll do that willingly

of course they are. are you new, thinking this is a hot take? nobody pvps. upsetting the people who subscribe to this game in massively larger numbers would be a terrible business decision

If they balance it were the dmg and healing is prohibitive to use pve trinkets it would actually solve one of the biggest problems in PVP. Trinkets have historically broken pvp and destroyed meta’s or created god awful tank meta’s.

So no, I’m happy they DIDN’T do the defense as then the whole game would slow down. Tank meta isn’t fun. Not fun to watch, not fun to play.

Obviously gear acquisition is going to make or break the PVP system. But if that is done well this change with the right tuning could solve very REAL problems we’ve been dealing with for over decade.

Not blindly saying ITS SAAAAVED…But let’s be objective here.

We’re at the start of scaling though, so it should feel like that.

However, with the DR changes kicking in at 25% and how impactful primary stats are now, it should outpace secondaries, primarily versatility. So trinkets like badge should be huge now, hopefully.

Remove versatility from gear as a secondary stat and add a set amount per pvp piece ( let’s say for example +20 on helm, +15 to shoulders and so on) and also make it so having 4 pieces of the pvp geared equipped gives a set bonus of +200 versatility, it would be an easy fix, if they are willing to dump it from Pve itemization.

i like this post, it’s neat coming and going
it’s a good solution, but they aren’t willing. ta da

the best way to get things done is to give positive reinforcement when they take steps in the right direction

screaming into a forum might relieve some of your anxieties, but does nothing to help out the community

i do not think this change is the end-all solution, but it is a positive step in the right direction. That is Blizzard taking feedback from the community and making changes to their current builds and explaining those changes.

1 Like

This is a great change, very reasonable. It should be enough for pvp’ers to have a good time. I’m satisfied with this. Hopefully the system is alt friendly. It looks like most of our gear will come from pvp now.

Lots of whiners gonna complain and say it’s not enough.

Ehhh I mean we still get into a tough situation where we don’t want to use Versa since it’s a boring stat. This seems like a PvP stat with extra steps as someone else mentioned but worse because Versa doesn’t make any builds better. Using Versa in BFA felt bad and is boring. Many branched out into different stats to make REAL BUILDS. So the 2pc bonus is only good for ppl sacrificing making a real build and are using Versa.

Many people want to be able to make builds which require Mastery, Haste, Crit then have a PvP stat that is just on ALL PvP equipment. Are they trying to move in the right direction sure but they are miles away from where they need to be.

PvP gear should be optimized and have the core stats on them (Mastery, Haste, Crit) Then a 3rd PvP stat like we had with resilience. This way players can make builds again and not feel pigeon holed into sacrificing a build for a boring Versa stat since we don’t have a PvP stat.

Sorry I can’t share your optimism. Likely players will break the 2 set PvP bonus especially specs not using versa. We haven’t addressed a PvP stat we just have Versa which isn’t getting the job done. It’s a huge mess.

No one wants to sacrifice making an actual build to stack Versa for PvP. That is just failed design.

2 Likes

Its actually pretty humorous that few people have treated this misconception far too seriously in BFA and eagerly waited for the meta to “evolve” without any changes being done. The meta simply doesn’t work that way. The reason why we saw such a rich comp diversity and active meta changes in Legion was due to consistent, frequent, and substantial changes/tunings.

In BFA, we seldom saw changes like this so in return we saw the same classes/comps reign for multiple seasons back to back and had little to no diversity. Simply put, the start of the expansion is when we see the meta slowly evolve due to the lack of proper knowledge initially but once things have been figured out it comes down to tunings and changes for the rest of the xpac.

lol complaining about vers because its “boring”, vers is the pvp stat. Stats aren’t what makes pvp fun, it’s the abilities. Ideally, stats shouldn’t even matter.

Versa doesn’t make a build. It’s a side stat that is supposed to compliment a build. If Versa is a main stat you can’t ever make a build. Which is not only boring but feels bad :rofl:

It really isn’t. If it is going to be a PvP stat then it needs to be a 3rd stat on ALL PvP gear not in place of the CORE STATS!!! How does that not make sense.

Players don’t want to lose their core stats that make builds and play styles fun. It’s terrible design.

This is completely untrue. Your stats are what make builds since WoW was created. They always matter a lot and create the play style that you desire.

1 Like