PvP Tuning - January 11, 2019

(Kaivax) #1

5:15 pm PST - The changes below are now live.

We’re currently working on some targeted adjustments to three specs in PvP. We don’t have a precise time these will go live, but we’re estimating late today or perhaps tomorrow afternoon:

Monk

• Mistweaver
  • Surging Mist (PvP Talent) mana cost increased to 3.8% of base mana (was 2% of base mana), and healing reduced by 20%.
  • Way of the Crane (PvP Talent) increases physical damage by 25% (was 35%), and now heals for 150% of damage dealt (was 200%).

Shaman

• Elemental
  • Earth Shock damage reduced by 10% when engaged in combat with enemy players.
  • Stormkeeper increases Lightning Bolt damage by 115% when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 125%).
  • Surge of Power can now cause up to an additional 2 Lightning Bolt overloads against enemy players (was 3 additional overloads).

Druid

• Balance
  • Celestial Alignment increases damage of your spells by 10% when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 15%).
  • Incarnation: Chosen of Elune increases damage of your spells by 18% when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 25%).
  • Shooting Stars now generates 2 Astral Power when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 4 Astral Power).

Our goal is to get these adjustments made before the weekend, and when they go live, we’ll confirm here in this thread, on @Warcraftdevs, and in the next updated to our Hotfixes blog post.

Monk and caster nerfs incoming
Twink Crying solution
Pvp tuning hotfixes
PvP Tuning - January 11th, 2019
(Kaivax) #2

(Felryn) #3

wtb sub rogue buffs, please stop ignoring specs you overnerf

edit:
also, delete fire and mutt from arena. make frost great again. no one wants that trashy variant of RMX.

(Doritocrunch) #4

sub rogue is fine stop crying kid just que rmp 4head stungod is 3k as sub spec is good

Oh boy! Caster nerfs!

(Bertimus) #7

It is absolutely imperative that MM hunter gets looked at. I have no idea why it’s been left this bad for this long, but something needs to be done. Sometimes it’s a perception issue, and underrepresented specs are actually good. This is not the case for MM. When MM works, it’s the most popular hunter spec. Feedback for the spec is not hard to find on this forum. Many of us believe changing scatter DR to disorient is the first logical step, and is something that can be hotfixed.

It is the lowest represented DPS spec in arenas by far. Abandoned almost entirely by a playerbase that usually chooses it as the primary spec. There are currently 13 of them worldwide at rival rating or above (source: arenamate). It’s even worse than that when you begin to dig into the actual players showing up as MM, because their match history shows all but two of them playing the vast majority of games as SV and getting their rating as SV. Please, blizzard team. This has to mean something to you.

(Gaaralock) #8

It’s too bad it’s too late for these to actually matter.

(Alice) #9

You guys missed 55s cd cocoon (mw monks), nerf this please

(Doritocrunch) #10

If they nerf the cd of it make it usuable while stunned imo but like a 2 min cd or something

(Orphanchild) #11

Can we actually get a damn buff to sustained ???

Some destro nerfs? Demon armor? Christ.

(Rethumtv) #12

Ignore everyone else Blizzard. Appreciate that the meta won’t be 80% MW teams anymore, especially in comps MW has no business in.

(Dipi) #13

Wait a minute, so celestial alignment, my 3m cd, will now increase my damage by 10%? And why nerf resource generation? IMO just nerf moonkin dot damage. We should be able to have an actual offensive cd and non clunky resource gen

(Lesali) #14

Hey why are we waiting entire raid tiers for PvE damage tuning but PvP nerfs can just happen every week?

Would you mind check numbers on Unholy DK? They are kinda bullsh*t on arenas (I mean nerf them! Haha)

Yeah nerf casters so we can go back to melee mongoloid domination again. So stupid. Three minute cooldowns are supposed to be strong, rip moonkin. Let’s just go back to a useless meme spec.

I mean really? It’s a three minute cooldown. Ya know? The thing smart players actually play around? What a god damn joke.

ITT: Biased whiners

(Stabier) #19

WTB nerf to disc priests! :frowning:

Fixes on fire mages? And are 80k chaos bolts nessessary? You need to tune it all.

Bring back spectral guise and inner fire for priest please. Possibly a pvp talent that makes feather remove snares but reduces the charges or up time.

I dont think disc needs more healing but tools to help survive melee cleaves.

(Saltmasterx) #22

Sub is ok. A 5-10% increase on shadowstrike would put us in a serviceable spot. 40 energy for a global that does 3-4k on plate is awful.