PvP Survivability Changes - Enhance

To increase Enhance’s survivability in PvP without making the spec overpowered like how Healing Surge was, I propose the following:

1. Take the Maelstrom generation away from Feral Spirit and return it’s healing component.
  2. Change Astral Shift (enhance only) to Shamanistic Rage, keeping the damage reduction per cent, but also adding the Maelstrom generation mechanic, e.g. taking damage while Shamanistic Rage is active will generate X Maelstrom (at a significant higher rate to make up for the lower time active than Feral Spirit).

Let me know your thoughts on how to improve enhance’s survivability without making it an overpowered that would result in a nerf.

Regards

RaxxusPrime

mana regen needs to be un-nerfed
healing surge nerf was good
mana regen getting hit with the 33% was an over reaction with other consequences

root totem returned
HUGE survival buff against rogues/cleaves
root+ghostwolf sub 100% snare immunity had for a long time made enhance outside of stuns have the potential to take the least amount of melee damage in the game if you played well
_this was goo_d

feral spirits heal
extremely useful against comps with big burst or even big rot

healing stream (ideally with magic dam reduction glyph)/ ancestral guidance
necessary utility imo

40% shamrage
primarily because usable while stunned
1 minute cd is nice aswell

Feral lunge baseline
really strong for getting away from cleaves on Z axis maps
really strong when paired with root totem to get away from a specific melee while saving spirit walk
really strong for multiple offensive situations as well

when destro/mage barriers/dks/dhs passive tankiness gets toned down enhance will seem ALOT less squishy and will fit into the meta a lot better
and my proposed buffs wouldn’t put enhance anywhere near the mega-passive tankiness the current pvp meta is dealing with

i also personally think forked lightning needs to go, it makes playing with a hunter impossible and you loose so much damage not being able to have chain lightning

thundercharge also needs to be turned into doomwinds
it was a fantastic addition twords the ideal enhance playstyle imo

also buff overcharge

4 Likes

Healing surge nerf was done when healing surge healed for a much bigger percentage of your total health than it does now.

Due to how stamina has scaled vs primary stats this xpac, healing surge now heals for ~9% of health normally and ~6% of health in pvp.

Restoring it to 9% of health in pvp would by no means be game breaking. 6% is stupid low.

6 Likes

if they do decide to go the healing surge route which removes all player interaction,thought,depth,and skill they should at least make it not instant cast if you cast it on other players

enhance lobbing out 4 10% hp instant cast heals on their partner while the healer sits a full poly is such an unfun crutch

AG/stream/utility spells will always been the path to a better game

all they have to do is undo all the healing nerfs in bfa and give healing back to wolves and enhance could survive like it used to.

you do remember dread season right?

this alone would do nothing

a rogue mage will kill an enhancement shaman with no cds every kidney shot

wolves are a 2 minute cd

you could pre wolves the vendetta kidney sure

but you’ll die when dr resets

we need sham rage, root totem, and a small damage reduction on a passive lightning shield or something
and mana nerfs reverted

1 Like

what up mang.if you ever played enhance before legion enhancement shamans only had healing wolves and its off healing to survive and yes i remember when an enhancement shaman and his team won a turny and blizzard said we cant have that.

but since tbc when we got healing wolves thats how we survived.

no we had 1 minute cd shamrage that was usable during stuns

which is a really big deal against rogue mage

we also had root totem which let us control melee cleaves and avoid damage when we needed to

you saying ‘we only had passive healing’ only shows you never actually played enhance well or right

1 Like

after they removed shamrage we had astral shift that COULD be use while stunned until they changed it.

no i said we had wolves healing and our off heals which were gutted in bfa.

either way you’re leaving out a massive amount of our tools

grounding is a solid defensive against wizards

root is a solid defensive against melee

sham rage usable during stuns is a solid defense against everything

wolf healing is really good, healing stream is also really good (there was a glyph in WoD that reduced all magic damage taken by 10% for 5 seconds after being healed by healing stream)
which is huge

enhance had a rich and potent toolkit

bfa season 1 healing surge was overpowered, required no thought/skill, and was overall bad for the game

Exactly, especially when compared to TANK specs like Guardian, Blood, Prot Pala and DH Vengeance who self heal higher without the need for a healer whilst having immense dmg reduction built in to the class itself.

just say revert to mop enhance shaman.

This is what I have been saying for a while now return us to mop enhancement. When we had totems and a in game ability to choose what totem to drop with the ability to drop all 4 at once. Give us back our shocks and the interaction they had with ss. Return shaman to the time where were unique. Remove time warp from mages and the hunters ability to lust as well.

1 Like

We were gutted in wod. Lets just bring out the elephant in the room. We were massively gutted in wod. Then even more so in legion and bfa.

Legion was not as bad but still what we should be shooting for is the Mop enhancement shaman.

1 Like

you have been gone a while:P

If we want to something really outlandish, you could return Shamanistic Rage (30% DR, 1 min CD, usable while stunned, removes mana costs) and make Astral Shift a passive that reduces damage taken while stunned by a percentage, like it was when it was an Elemental talent back in TBC.

1 Like

Honestly, the only things I see us needing are:

• Healing Surge nerf reverted (or at least less nerfed for self-healing)
  • Astral Shift to be usable while CC’d (a la Shamanistic Rage)

What I think we really should have on top of that:

• Tweaked rotation/playstyle where we aren’t hero or zero depending on Stormbringer procs. If we are meant to be a battlemage, give us more power at 15-25yd range. If we are meant to be an elemental warrior, make our caster abilities like Cap Totem and Hex go off instantly like Chaos Nova and Imprison do.

Nice to haves:

• Spirit Walk baked into Ghost Wolf: breaks root/snares on GW activation, just like Druid shapeshifting (increase mana cost or add a short cooldown if necessary)
  • Feral Lunge breaks roots/snares
  • Searing Assault made baseline + allow it to generate Maelstrom via Flametongue DoT (while CC’d or being kited, etc)
  • Lightning Shield generates Maelstrom when damaging enemies
  • Lightning Shield works like in WC3 - you can cast it on any target and it deals AOE damage (generating Maelstrom for you) until it wears off
  • Lava Lash made to do…something? I prefer using Overcharge and can find myself drowning in Stormbringer procs or needing to Healing Surge, so I’ve taken LL off my hotbar.

ENH has always been RNG spec that is feast or famine.

Agree with everything else though.

Enhance healing should be nerfed when healing other players but kept the same for self heals. Purge should have a cd, remove 2 buffs and be a resource builder. Root totem back, earth shield baseline. Healing stream totem would be nice.

Honestly, I would take literally anything. I can’t think of another class/spec that’s as dependent as Enh. If they are going to make as many specs as possible self-sufficient Diablo builds, please include Enh in the list.

Thanks in advance, Blizz.

• Shaman, the Last WoW Class
3 Likes