PvP servers and raiding

So this might sound like a noob question, but how is the raiding and PvE scene on PvP servers? I never got the chance to play vanilla so I want to experience completely unprepared (because it’s more fun being a noob) and it in its truest form and that includes world pvp and ganking (no matter how annoying that may be), but I am still a PvE player and would like to raid. I don’t want to roll a new character on a PvP server and then not be able to do what I like during end game.

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Well, since Retail went to Warmode for PvP. Every server now is Normal(PVE). If you are asking about Classic, how about waiting til they go live before you ask.

Was asking about how it was during the original vanilla wow. Obviously no one knows what it will be like before classic releases I just wanted an idea :slight_smile:

PvP servers should really just be named “hard mode” servers. Roll PvE if you want to play with baddies. Everyone any decent at the game played on pvp

1 Like

From what I remember, PvP servers had a better raiding scene than PvE ones.

Do you want to raid with men or fairies?

1 Like

True, PVP back in the day was basically what better PVE guilds/players (In terms of simply server prospectives, PVE or PVP based) played on

PvP servers have amazing PvE guilds. The scene is great. There are way more tryhards and way more people to trigger. I love being able to kill small groups of raiders heading to a dungeon or taking a larger group of friends and killing a huge chunk of a raid guild.

I had a Shaman buddy who used to use invis pots and Gnomish cloaking device to get inside Ironforge and hide near the flight master on a building. Guilds would run in enmasse to the flight master with their Dire Maul buffs and he would spam purge their tanks and laugh. Then he’d go further and hearth to Kargath and do it more to the rest of the guild. I used to sit with him and pick off people on my Rogue on slow mounts.

Can’t wait.

5 Likes

lol, I love hearing about stuff like that.

1 Like

Watch this. 2:35 mark. Trust me.

2 Likes

Despite what most will tell you PVP servers had a LOT of raiding on them.

It’s more fair to say PvP servers just have more… Chaos in general, in a PVE server it’s more tame, but PVP is just throwing your self against the odds, time and time again. This culture takes place in PVP server PVE wise as well you’ll see more pugs, more people doing whatever for no reason and so on,

If you want something more orginzed like get home from your 9-5 get on wow farm for some pots and go raid dungi or que BG then PVE servers are better.

But if you’re more like log on from your 9-5 or 0:100 and get on at like 10, and just wana wonder and stuff. Killing bad guys, “roleplay” meet weirdo’s and just have no control in the world you’re in PVP servers is more fitting.

If you’re worried about end-game, Pvp servers really force tight-nit groups much more then PVE’s due, it’s common for your dungi buddie’s to fly half the world, to get to you to help you gank, mind you. Back then It took a long time to change content’s.

The first rule of a PvP server: PvP comes first.

If you have plans other than PvP you can, and often will, have to change/adjust those plans when someone wishes to PvP you.

If you can’t accept that then don’t roll on a PvP server.

If you like the idea that when you want to raid you will likely become a target for PvP. Often on an EPIC level. Then raiding on a PvP server might be the best raiding you will ever engage in.

1 Like

Thanks for all the answers! I’m glad to here that PvE does go on in PvP servers because I want to partake in world pvp and the ganking that comes with it in the open world even though it might be inconvenient.

The raid scene on a PvP server is like that of a PvE server. If anything raiding was a motivator for PvP as you got some really nice gear out of it to improve your character. I have only played on PvP servers and the raid scene was very much alive and well. I doubt you would ever notice a difference!

I think the correct responses PvP servers are for people who really want to play and PvE servers are for care Bears

2 Likes

We will be Raiding and doing all the PVE content. The only real difference is that on a PvP server you have the presence of the other faction looming over every decision you make. If you need some friends to fight the Horde all the way back to Orgrimmar, check us out!!!

Most people I know will be on PvP servers. These are people who don’t even play with Warmode on in BfA.

Sure, it sucks getting your teeth kicked in by other players while leveling, but when you can show up to the party decked out in your raid gear you’ll feel like a good amongst mere mortals.