PVP scaling issue brought to light by Rextroy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itrza8EpOSs

I rarely post here, let alone read much since I am mostly an arena forum dweller. However this topic is not only extremely infuriating to me, but also to many other pvp players because of these terrible systems added to the game that continue to run pvp down into the grave.

For those of you who did not watch the video, or that would prefer a quick rundown on this issue: Pvp has had a hidden scaling system throughout all of BFA that noone including blizzard devs could explain. The only response we had from this topic was a paint picture from a dev that explained almost nothing new to us, (https://twitter.com/ckaleiki/status/1041878657701052416?lang=en).

Now Rextroy releases a video showing the major flaws where he equips pants without a socket and then when he puts a socket on the item, he takes more damage and deals less damage because of this socket that you would think increased the power of your character which it does not. He also shows equipping a 460 azerite makes you take slightly less damage while doing slightly more damage compared to having a 480 azerite.

Sadly it is the end of the expansion and there is no way changes will happen so I understand that, however this really needs to stop. Pvp players deserve to have the gameplay be back to how it was before the Legion expansion, otherwise pvp might as well die since blizzard seems to spit on the pvp playerbase.

There is small hope for pvpers in shadowlands but the pvp gear is looking to just be terrible static stat customization since many classes look to have versatility on their items since this is our actual “pvp stat”.

Thank you for coming to my ted talk.

21 Likes

To further illustrate OPs point, if you run this command

/run print(GetAverageItemLevel())

You’ll get three numbers, the final one in the list is your “hidden” Ilvl, which is what we believe pvp scaling happens off of.

If you add a gem to your gear, it increases that “hidden” ilvl, and in the case of versatility gems, makes you take MORE damage, and deal LESS damage.

This is ridiculous in numerous ways, but only more compounded by the fact that Blizzard takes a stance of knowing in depth how their systems work, and go to great lengths (normally very rude lengths, such as making a stick figure drawing on twitter to illustrate how it works, news flash, doenst work that way) to shoot down Pvpers that say it doesnt work right.

7 Likes

Wait, am I tripping?
I swear there was another thread on that video but now I can’t find it.
Deja vu?

It all makes sense now.

u ever hit someone for a 150k earth shock and then on their screen its a 130k earth shock even tho they have 140k hp left and shoulda died

yup bfa pvp in a nutshell

also pure comedy that the only explanation we got for this ridiculous scaling system was a stick figure ms paint sketch from 2 years ago and absolutely nothing else

on the upside shadowlands pvp doesnt seem to have this scaling in effect + if you hit for 1k your teammates will all also see 1k, this is such an easy thing to fix and i really hope they DO fix it and continue to maintain the pacing arenas have on the ptr

ive qd atleast 5 hours of just skirmishes on the ptr for absolutely no reward other than the pacing is fun/enhancement and elemental shaman are both fun

4 Likes

Here’s the stick figure ms paint sketch Kamron is referring to
https://i.imgur.com/ExTqI9T.jpg

1 Like

This sounds like a bug report that should be submitted more than making a big topic.

Its not a bug and been fully intended in use for the duration of BFA.

Idk how to file a bug report for a whole expansion though. I think i would break whichever interns brain that would read it.

4 Likes

You know, with all the lag open world PVP brings with the multiple calculations the game already does with azerite, trinkets, essences, corruption, its nice to know there is even MORE RNG then you cant even see making it worse.

1 Like

As rextroy says … bring back WOD scaling… Actually makes sense while doing what the devs have said they want to do with the current weird buggy scaling.

4 Likes

I’m livid at the fact that I spent so much time grinding out these sockets to ruin the gear that I spended so much time grinding out. Complete bulls*** small indie company. Get rid of scaling, its garbage and always has been.

1 Like

“You can’t drain blood out of a turnip.”

Blizz: Hahaha! Ohhh yes you can…

PvPers: *farming 8.3 infinite content loop for sockets to only perform worse

I wonder if this company will have someone respond to address this on their official forum, as opposed to a single image made in MS paint on a 3rd party website.

ha

this actually explains alot to be honest cause my mage and this toon my Dk both have sockets and do pretty good in pve but once i go pvp i go from hitting hard to a wet noodle

Gotta love the stick finger drawing so sure on how the system works with the massive margin of error “if it does (by that they mean doing all the things they claim it does not do) it is a bug”.

These guys have no idea. They layered procs on RNG on more procs until something like this happened.

1 Like

Cdew does 100+k damage to 70k hp player. Player survives.

1 Like