This Week in WoW: May 10, 2024

This Week in WoW: May 10, 2024

Catch up on all the latest World of Warcraft news from the last week—jump into the next content update for Dragonflight—Dark Heart, choose between Worgen or Goblin in Cataclysm Classic Welcome Back Weekend, join the path of discovery in Season of Discovery Phase 3 with the Discoverer’s Delight experience buff, relive epic adventures with an all-new event—WoW Remix: Mists of Pandaria, and more!

View Full Article

Besides the Cata Classic Shop opening and all the bugs, it’s been a good week.

Throwing ya’ll a bone cuz DF is probably running on a skeleton crew at this point.

2 Likes

Poor Alleria got beaten with the ugly stick.
Either way, ReMoP is only a few days away, w00t.

1 Like

Eh, I don’t think she looks bad in this screenshot. I’m just not sold on the drag queen eye shadow.

I think Alleria looks better now, her old look was just so dated. It was very much discount Sylvanas, unless what you are missing is the skin.

Nothing to do with the post but that is the cutest gnome character ever.

The model specifically, is uglier IMO, with unnecessary weird make up and looking like an older lady:
Imgur

The official character key art (except for some select depictions) looks fine.

4 Likes

Honestly the only bad part of her new model is the eyeliner, otherwise it’s just an outfit change and a hair cut, IMO.

You can see facial lines where there weren’t any, earrings changed colors, she lost her void eye marking, eyes got darker, and her chest looks smaller.

IMO, it’s worse.

2 Likes

they nerfed xal and alleria boobies

why? its a video game, I want pretty characters

2 Likes

To each their own, I guess. Even with the facial lines, she still looks good to me. :man_shrugging: Older, yes, but not old.

But you did make me think of why the makeup is throwing me off: it does look rather juvenile for her more mature face, especially a badass battle-hardened ranger like Alleria. She’s the type of woman who shows up to (literally) SLAY. And the eye shadow is giving slaaay.

1 Like

Lol, thanks :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Sometimes while I’m waiting for queues to pop, I like to stroll around SW/Valdrakken with the matching green Countess’ Parasol, and I feel like the dapperest gnome on Azeroth. :face_with_monocle: :open_umbrella:

1 Like

I mean…

You can SEE that her bowstring is clipping through her chest on the left, can’t you?

I don’t know if you’ve ever touched one of those particular body parts, but they’re not rock solid. Wearing a top that’s more binding can smoosh them down, and I imagine that that’s very beneficial to female archers.

That has more to do with Blizzard’s horrible animation more so than anything else. Her arm would have to be stretching behind her back to be able to do that lol.

Another day, another man offering unwarranted commentary on a woman’s appearance :roll_eyes:

1 Like

that’s clearly veressa windrunner.

yeah this is starting to get really old.

My god come off it. The …drama… of it all…

I swear an entire generation forgot how human biology works and then another makes it up as it goes.

Men have always had “preferences” and never been shy about stating it to a point. And they range in all ways FYI.
As do woman. Stop being so offended you in your mind do not meet some stupid internet guys “preference” of a damn video game character.

/ignore or just not caring and letting nothing burgers bother you go a long way in all the “drama” you seem to love going away.

2 Likes

It’s my opinion, and it’s not disrespectful, at least from my PoV.
Feel free to ignore it if it offends you so.

1. Why did you assume the commenter was a man?

1. It’s not a “woman”. It’s a CGI character from a video game that people are paying for, and since it is public media, people get to comment on it. You don’t get to tell someone their commentary is unwarranted because you don’t like it.

1. Her new outfit is unimpressive and has a similar style to gear from shadowlands, the worst expansion in this game’s history. Her makeup is weird. The hairdo is unimpressive and such a cliche makeover for female characters in modern AAA games. Also, her face is clearly sculpted to make her look older, and the tattoos are strange. Yes, she looks marginally worse than she did before, and you’re just going to have to live with the fact that people see it that way.
5 Likes

Can’t remember the name of the character in the middle. But, the art, sorry to the person at blizzard who did it. But the art does not look good. It kind of looks warped. But then maybe that was what the artis who did it was going for, since the personality of the character is warped.