Heed the Call of the Crusade Update— Raid Dungeons Now Live!

Heed the Call of the Crusade Update— Raid Dungeons Now Live!

Face Onyxia and the Trial of the Crusader.

View Full Article

1 Like

Any plan to buff Ulduar loot quantity like Naxx? (Outside of Valanyr) Making it more worthwhile to get hardmode loot would help to give more reasons to go back.

1 Like

yay trinkets from the 5-man

(also – sticky)

They actually buffed Valanyr drop rate. Algalon is a guaranteed two fragments. Yogg 2-4 is one fragment, Yogg 1 is two fragments, Yogg 0 is three fragments.

That, plus being able to skip FL and XT and go straight to Kologarn then Vezax means you only have to kill Algalon, Kologarn, Vezax, and Yogg each week.

I doubt they will.
Tons of 252’s are still P3 bis for lots of specs. And 252’s are very close in power level to 258 (25HC) ilvl.
Plus, tons of guilds are still going to run Ulduar to get all 4-5 healers Valanyrs.

Valy’s are about to become more common than Darkmoon cards lmao

Any news on infernal CD?

I don’t think tons of 252 is still bis, that’s cap.

Most specs have 2-3 items that stay bis

I have seen that and it doesn’t change what I said. Yes I mentioned Valanyr because they buffed it but didn’t announce any buff for other pieces.

Some guilds have seen 1-2 of some items and have been clearing since the start, it won’t be worth to keep running much with those odds after your done with Valanyrs.

Sure there might be some bis in there, and that will keep some people running but we can also make it more attractive if we want more people to go back for everyone that isn’t just running for Valanyr when ToC will offer better loot on most pieces and that you can afford 1-2 items not being bis for those odds.

Well, it’s not.
For pure BIS, 258’s of course surpass 252’s. But that’s implying everyone is going to get full 258’s, which, of course, won’t happen.

And if we are to look at PURE BIS only, not “realistic BIS”, but full 100% bis.

Bear uses 252 wrists as absolute bis
Warr tank got ring 252 and 252 shield as absolute bis
Rdru uses 252 ring & trinket as absolute bis
Hpala uses 252 wrists, gloves trinket ring as absolute bis
Hpriest uses 252 ring and trinket as absolute bis
Rsham uses 252 wrists ring trinket as absolute bis
Boomie uses ring and trinket as absolute bis
MM uses 252 ring as absolute bis and Uld10 HM trinket
Surv just 252 ring as absolute bis
Arca uses 252 ring and trinket as absolute bis
Fire uses 252 ring and trinket as absolute bis
Shadow same as above
Warlocks same as above
Frost DK uses ring, belt, boots, wrist and 10HM trinket as absolute bis
Feral wrists, ring and trinket as absolute bis
Assa trinket and ring as absolute bis
Combat trinket as absolute bis
Ehna ring as absolute bis

So yeah. My point stands.
Some specs only need 1-2, but some need 4-5 252’s. I’d imagine the difference between some of those 252 and 258s is not huge, but trinkets is whole another story. Same goes to getting expertise/hit caps, haste etc. Itemization > ilvl.

With skips in the ulduar, lots of guilds who are competing to be in the top 10/20/30 guids in their respective realms/regions will continue running Ulduar 25. PUGs, on the other hand, not so mcuh.

I’m not against buffing item quantity, i simply said I doubt they will.

But that isn’t tons of 252 if you look at it from an average.

Most classes use 1-2 items.

It isn’t like I’m going back to ulduar because I have 5+ items that are still bis.

That’s not the case for any of the specs.

1 Like

Are these general forums here both for retail and Classic?

I always assumed Classic had a separate forum, but we keep getting these Classic updates on general discussion.

Also, I remember how disliked this raid was at the time, comparatively to Ulduar and Naxx. It was okay, people just didn’t like the thematic I think.

3 Likes

Not you, but hpalas have 4 252’s bis from there.
and that’s for PURE ABSOLUTE BIS.

258 sets & offsets won’t be easy to come by at the start. Same goes for tons of other 258’s, and lots will seek 252’s to still parse. It’s all about parsing.

It also lasted a very long time. But then Ulduar was “fondly” remembered, but it only lasted like 2 monhts or something. Most never got tired of it. I’d bet most people are sick of Ulduar and have had enough of it for next decade.

1 Like

Well, you can just go right on and make a Call for Arthas to come back to retail. He’ll be happy to hang out in Northrend, no doubt.

Hpally is an outlier as even you have said most people want 1-2 items.

For many it’s just 1 ring and a trinket.

why is tier silly?
raw 252’s might easily surpass 245 4p tier. And only at 258 it becomes worth it.
and yes, for many it’s just 1-3 items. So guilds will continue running ulduar.

Sorry, no need for the tourny now, Arthas was disenchanted.

You can all go home.

It’s silly to bring up non bis as we are talking Bis here.

And no it isn’t 1-3 for majority it’s 2.

2 items staying bis isn’t tons.

No spoiler please. Comeon.

should i spoil whats in the book you have to pay for? :smiley:

My point stands tho. People will keep running ulduar.

I feel like you are fighting with me just for the sake of fighting.