PVP reward by bracket again (from the KR realm)

Hello, I am someone who play WoW arena in South Korea and
I am totally disappointed to hear that again in shadowlands PVP weekly reward ilvl will be based on the highest bracket of the rated pvp played that week.
The reason that I am disappointed is because in order to achieve a 2400+ rating in my realm (KR), it means that you are getting matches with the actual arean gladiators for the total population of pvp players are so much less compared to US or EU realm.
Also I bet that anyone who plays at 2000+ rating in KR realm are fully able to achieve 2400+ or even 2600+ rating only if he just played in the US server.
However, the current pvp weekly reward system is based on the bracket and bracket only which makes people treated unequal just by playing a different realm.
It might be going too far if I call this being a racist, but if this kind of pvp reward system continues to exist (from Legion to BfA to Shadowlands and on and so on) it is fairly possible that someone might doubt that some of those pvp reward designers in Blizzard might being just so.

in addition, I had to create a level 10 character in US server just in order to write this.

1 Like

From my understanding you can use currency to upgrade the gear from honor, or something like that. If you can upgrade it to 2400 levels by doing more pvp, I think it won’t be too bad. However, this is just speculation because I’m not 100% certain on how it works. I wouldn’t mind if everyone can get the gear, but the better players just get it faster.

Maybe Reckful and Mitch were on to something with the Koreans

Sorry to disappoint you and your crying thread, but they still haven’t actually confirmed what the ilvl is going to be based around.
Just that the requirement to get a pvp choice is earn a bunch of conquest, they still haven’t said how the gear is going to work

You having a bad week or something man?

you’ve been unusually uptight

4 Likes

Honestly irl is fine, my patience for toxicity on the forums has been wearing thin and letting that bleed through everyone else on the forums. Probably just need to hop off it and find something else to do between tasks at work.

i’m pretty sure the upgrade system is going to be tied to current rating the way the quartermaster notes are now