PvP Resilience stat not working

I’ve experimented with duels against multiple other players.
One example is against a level 80 mage.

We had two duels
Duel 1: 1579 Resilience (60.49% player damage reduction)
Duel 2: 0 Resilience (0.00% player damage reduction)

The ability in question is “Scorch” from a level 80 mage.
This ignores armor BUT damage should be reduced due to resilience.

The first duel, I told him to spam “Scorch” on me. It did 2500 fire damage.
The second duel, I took off my gear and told him to spam “Scorch” on me again. It did the same 2500 fire damage.

In that case, the “Scorch” ability in duel 1 should have dealt ~ under 1,250 fire damage although its dealing the exact amount of fire damage.

Could others please do testing for themselves?

Others mention something about level 80/85 scaling but regardless, the numbers don’t lie, resilience is not reducing any damage at all.

12 Likes

Yeah it doesn’t work at all. Blizz refuse to even acknowledge it. Probably because it’s pvp related.

4 Likes

That explains a lot. My Blood DK in WG was way to squishy. Im not even sure the new Mastery Shield is working as intended. They have some things to fix for sure.

1 Like

There is another post here on the Forums saying that his logs were showing 100% Crit from all the mobs in the entire Dungeon. So I think we are getting a Double Whammy.

1 Like

Only reason I was going to play pre-patch was to do BGs and get some pvp gear to level with. What a major turn off this launch has been. Quite honestly one of the worst I have ever seen in 20 years personally. Feels like Cata was pretty abandoned honestly.

3 Likes

SoD is their golden child now.

It didnt work in original pre-cata patch either.
Resilience on 85 gear is what works.

its not a bug, its just originally how it was designed.

Not true. I played the same class with the same gear set up back then as now. I wasn’t getting one shot and I wasn’t one shotting. Between the bots, lack of honor, and no resil I’m surprised anyone is queuing BGs

2 Likes

Why tho. I tried it…it didn’t interest me.

It’s like the retail game on the classic world.

1 Like

Sounds like it was “originally” bugged, because that is not how its supposed to work.

Please don’t fix this. I enjoy having my conflag hit someone for 17k in an instant.

please FIX this, according to the tooltip I should have 52% damage reduction - yet I have actually 0%

4 Likes

I logged in to see. I did hit a 22k Shield Slam so that made me laugh. Makes me wonder if Vengeance is also working. That would be nice.

I’d recommend good PvE gear and hybrid stam gems till Resil works. Although maybe it never will work. I don’t have faith or trust in well…you know.

1 Like

Extremely disappointed they didn’t add this to the known issues list yesterday. There are dozens of bug reports/threads about this issue. It’s pathetic.

4 Likes

Its terrible. Its just uncreative copy/paste of stuff already devleoped from other expansions. The word, Gimmick, sums it up perfectly.

But streamers play it and thats the #1 focus of blizzard.

2 Likes

We’ve developed a fix for this. The fix requires realm restarts, so it will go in with scheduled weekly maintenance on Tuesday, May 7.

11 Likes

yay thanks!

Cheers, legend!

1 Like

:pray: :pray: Bless. :pray: :pray: