PVP Reputation set should have been out by now.. SO

Maybe I’m in the minority here… And as much as I would love free stuff… We need to think realistically about this.

People have grinded rediculous amounts of time into Battlegrounds for the PvP gear. Which is pretty much the exact same gear as the Rep gear.

The season is not over, its still going on, and people still have points to get, etc.
Rep Gear is catchup PvP gear. If you haven’t put ANY time into farming PvP gear, then well… You shouldn’t be getting it in the first season. There is a rep ring, helm, and legs, and belt/bracers that can be crafted to help you get into PvP faster. I get that it has been ridiculously hard to grind for that PvP gear.

In this case, for season 1, there really should just be a 25% increase in honor obtained from all BGS, wargames queuing should be implemented, and prices should be reduced for Honor and Arena gear.

This is the catchup mechanic that’s needed for Season 1, not completely free gear cancelling any progress those who grinded hundreds of hours got. I am one of those people, and I am not opposed to people getting it easier then I did. But I am kinda opposed to making my entire grind completely pointless.

For Season 2, release the Rep gear, it makes sense. Its the quick entry into PvP that people will need.

But the more pressing thing that needs to be done RIGHT NOW basically is…

Release Wargames Queuing.
Reduce Cost Of Honor/Arena Reward Gear.
(Should Be A Global 25% Increase In Honor Gained From BGS).
Increase Area Points Distribution (already done).

Not only does this not entirely screw people that quite literally just spent hundred(s) of hours grinding PvP sets for this season, but it makes increases world PvP activity, battleground activity, and arena activity.

Again, this should be done like now though.

5 Likes

Oh that much is clear.

Release the rep gear but bump the stats on my blue honor set to epic quality, K thx

this is how i know you didnt do any research before hand. Ive been running bgs for months and i inspect everyone in my battlegrounds…on my horde rogue AND on my ALLIANCE hunter. id say roughly half to 80% of alliance players i inspect have 5 pc set to full set of pvp gear only subbing out items from raids that are stronger.

vs horde i literally see a majority of them wearing 2 pc set , with badge gear, and herioc blues and sometimes raid weapons. Its also hilarious how narrow minded small brain you are to just immediately insult someone by saying im seeking to get more because im “bad” . Rep gear was already in TBC theres nothing more to get other than when it comes out which the arguement is sooner rather than later. How is this a bad thing for alliance? if you really are out geared as YOU SAY not as the facts prove…then this only levels the playing field for alliance as well. i understand your ignorance on the matter makes you feel like horde is getting all the love when literally people just want to play bgs rather than sit and wait a half hour to an hour in queue for ONE battle ground…

alliances arguments are pathetic and they just want to keep the upper hand on gear and queue times over horde…mainly because alliance always fears a fair fight given that yes higher skilled pvp players lean horde more often due to racials. You call horde cry babies yet you guys are the ones saying your FREE LOOT BAGS given to you arent enough and you want MORE MORE MORE just for pvping period… meanwhile horde just want to play…

Gonna just stop you right here.

Horde representation in arena is higher than alliance representation, across all brackets.

So while I appreciate your tribalism, making stuff up doesn’t add value to whatever concern you think you have.

1 Like

I didn’t do any raids and I invested all my time getting honor to exchange for equipment and yet, they’re not complete (307 de resi now), then you want to have spent all your time in raids and still buy the equipment with rep, and all the time pvp fanatics invested earning honor since the exp started?

1 Like

where did i make anything up? i never said horde didnt have a higher presence in arena i said the gear disparity is higher between both factions and ive literally seen so because i have a characters on each. If horde didnt have a higher presence in arena id be shocked considering racials are still very valuable in pvp and hordes are much more valuable for a majority comps in arena…that doesnt change the lack of gear seen across the board.

btw i would much rather have a 20% reduction in cost to the current honor gear to what it was previously before they nerfed it…than see rep gear come out before season 2.

Thanks for catching the typo!

1 Like

And it literally doesn’t matter. It couldn’t possibly matter any less in fact, even assuming your anecdotal claims have any truth to them.

Oh lol I do that without thinking

Where can I see the Horde vs Alliance representation in Arenas?

Also, it’s to be expected that more Horde play arena than alliance. People who rolled horde were more pvp orientated. Just because they play arena and stuck at 1200 for weeks doesn’t = they gonna be more geared than someone who has full honor gear.

Does this pvp reputation gear have different models Than the honor set? If so I’ll probably grind out the rest of the honor gear to not look like a weenie

Blatant lie but okay.

gonna LOL hard if they do release it at this point

Blue set currently takes insanely long to farm even if u 5man and win 85% of games. But most players have dutifully grinded (ground?) it out

Now they gonna just release the exact same items for 10g each lmao

Why not just release it from day 1?

2 Likes

Nah this is bs. There is a difference between working for the gear and then having to play the game like a full time 10 hour a day job just to get crappy entry level gear when pve’rs can get better gear 10x faster.

2 Likes

Between RNG and competition between players, I find PvE and PvP gearing take about the same amount of time, on average.

I might get a few lucky drops in dungeons or raids, then have to wait weeks for my next one. Especially when you consider the time it takes to farm gold and/or consumables for raids, it pretty much evens out. At least the PvP gear is predictable.

Also - the “crappy starter gear” you’re complaining about isn’t all that important. The 2 piece bonus is nice. Most classes can take-or-leave the 4 piece bonus. Some might be better off filling those slots with PvE gear anyway, as the PvP set pieces don’t have a ton of resilience.

100% factual on my server. I have horde and alliance.

LFG is always better gear on the ally side and our server is close to 50/50 ally/horde

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.