PvP que times

Why are they like an average of 15-25 minutes for horde for a random bg queue? Is PvP that dead? Because it’s so boring just waiting around doing nothing for half an hour each time.

9 Likes

Yes PVP is that dead. Why not merc?

3 Likes

Also with the “improved” conquest gains, theres even less point to play bg’s atm. (70 for bg and 110 for ebg)

My rbg community from s1 all stopped playing, so I only bother getting the tmogs this season. With so much conquest from each bg and ebg hardly need to play anything this season.

I got a feeling im not alone ^^

2 Likes

Equal ilvl pvp would seriously bring back the casual playerbase. Alliance Mercenary queue times are really bad :(. I just keep thinking back to WoD when random battleground queue times were 7sec-12sec on Horde.

Really feels like anything that isn’t rated, mythic+, or raiding is dead…casuals don’t want to “participate” in random battlegrounds when they are lambs to the slaughter already because of gear - not to mention conduits, renown, and legendary.

In conclusion, equal ilvl gear would bring casuals back but renown and conduits and leggo would likely deter them still.

Idea:
It would be cool if the brawl/arcade PvP maps would implement something akin to Timewalking. For example, Brawls would become weekly cycles of random battlegrounds where we play battlegrounds as normal except we timewalk back in time (have old cds/talents from previous expacs). The timewalking would cycle weekly as it does. Would be a ton of setting up your toon per weekly expac and guides/knowledge long lost though. Would definitely be fun to roll around as a WoD Feral druid and MoP MM Hunter again.

18 Likes

What about those casual players go do some PvE to get better gear for a few weeks. They shouldn’t be lazy and want to play top-rated PvP when having uncompetitive gear. PvE is the way to go.

I’ve been waiting 40 minutes for a BG WTF, i don’t have that time. More and more reasons to quit the game.

11 Likes

You mean every casual who used to do PvP but quit because of that gigantic gear gap Ion gifted to elites should become a mythic raider and get ksm overnight? How exactly does that work? How about no?

“Casual PvP” is what randoms always were before Ion decided they should be a currency dispenser so elite players didn’t have to work hard to earn honor to buy their gear. They were the equivalent of normal dungeons, where anybody could queue.

Randoms were all about entertainment. They were never about competition.

Sure. Start working on that renown. Start spending 8 hours looking for a group that will take you. Start farming Korthia and getting gear up to 233 in…3 months? By which time it will be absolutely obsolete.

19 Likes

I think Blizzard fails to look at this as a pyramide. The foundation is the casuals…the bigger/better foundation, the higher the top.

5 Likes

Why are you playing on the Horde?

I can understand where you are coming from: I always say PvP over everything else.

Truth is it’s the queue times for casual PvP that are disgusting. I’ll go on to admit that I tried to find a private server in order to play some random battlegrounds with a faster queue time. We are level 60 capped yet we are still leveling. Casuals are deterred and so am I. Mercenary queue times are really bad too. If they keep all of this Torghast, Covenant, Conduit, Renown garbage then the casual PvPers will continue to leave. It sucks seeing the WoW PvP community drying up - It looked bad from what I could tell even trying to look for a private server (populations are drying up regardless of expansion).

I don’t want to wait until some “Miracle” patch, when they should be throwing hotfixes in to effect immediately to begin remedying this nonsense. After said “miracle” patch (which is still going to have Torghast, Covenant, Conduit, and Renown crap; so those casual PvPer’s that made those casual PvP queue times faster are still likely not to come back.

I’ve been waiting since Legion launch to play PvP again. It’s always something that just craps over everything in this game. Rated Gear + Conduits + Renown + Torghast just to run a simple casual random battleground??? Anyone got a good private server? Miracle patch is not going to be an answer.

MOP AND WOD PVP VENDORS. NO STRINGS ATTACHED (CONDUITS RENOWN TORGHAST ETC…) JUST REGULAR EQUAL ITEM LEVEL GEAR PVP VENDORS FROM MOP AND WOD THAT GAVE ALL PVPER’S AN EQUAL AND SET FOOTING TO FIGHT EACH OTHER GEARWISE.

stop with the garbage making money from tokens…I wish I could cuss on these forums. It is sincerely infuriating what PvP has become. Waiting another expansion after miracle patch fails is not the answer for me.

12 Likes

Its like 3 mins to alliance.

It takes maybe a week to get 226ish in mythical which is good enough to push rating in arena to upgrade pvp gear.

If people only want to pvp then enjoy the grind. Their is faster ways to gear and a lot more of the game to play.

Because the factions are so imbalanced with all the serious players=geared players going horde that alliance players don’t want to queue random battlegrounds. Try mercing an epic bg, it’s loss after loss after loss right now.

OP is talking about random battlegrounds, not rated. Random battlegrounds are casual content.

Rated is casual too. There is nothing hardcore about pressing the queue button.

2 Likes

Because I can’t be a Goblin on Alliance.

No, but you might get to play with your good friend bob?

You ever read The Old Man and the Sea? I need to kill you first.

For a random BG I never wait over 10 min. Most are between 6-8.

Epics usually are 15-18 min.

Sure epics are long. That is because they are less popular. 6-8 min though isn’t a long wait. That is far from bad queue times.

i’ve noticed over the past week a lot less people are queuing bgs. i get in the same group with the same people a lot of the time. a few of my alliance queues also hit 8 mins