PvP Prot Gutted

I dont know why there isnt a massive uproar about this but they totally destroyed prot in pvp. Thunder clap dmg cut in half, roar no longer applying 50% movement reduction, intercept nerf no longer allowing 2 charges unless you give up stormbolt etc etc. Mobility and aoe dmg have been obliterated.

Who asked for this? Was pvp prot really the worst thing going around? Nobody even did it. I just came back from wotlk when it was fun, and I tried the BFA version and it worked… and now its being nerfed into the ground.

Then I look at my normal main (I was going to - going to - main the warrior, a tank they just lost in pve too) whos a shammy and ele has been gutted, enh is lame. So I have resto. Arms is considered garbage, fury is pretty bad.

Who didnt get nerfed into the ground, rogues? Looking for suggestions on a better main choice and to mothball these 2 45s.

3 Likes

Also I havent posted in a literal decade so ignore the 14 avatar. Heres the war.

Also if you want to take X you have to self-allow ignore pain to be nerfed 50% too. Forgot that one, a mitigation nerf. Someone else listed numerous other more complicated changes that work in a dynamic as a nerf for prot wars.

Read that and you will understand, broken spec.

1 Like

Good. Tanks have no place in PvP except for running flags. You know how annoying it is fighting a tank comp in 3v3?

8 Likes

Honestly friend, its healthier for the pvp community to de-incentivize people to play Tank specs in pvp. Its a nightmare to balance and its not fun to play against. Id rather the Devs focus on making all the other specs viable in pvp which need work. Its better that tanks be relegated to PVE and let the myriad of non tank specs compete in PvP on a relatively even playing field

10 Likes

That clown Abomb can’t be far…

4 Likes

There are 3 talent trees for everyone and they all have pvp talents, that means they all should be reasonably balanced - unless you want to go back to the days where rogues could only use combat and pallies had no dps spec in pve. Im fine with that, too.
Tanks dont do much damage but they are utility and PEELS in pvp. Thats a good thing, guess who doesnt like it - rogues like that big baby, crying because prot warriors are his hard counter. Big surprise. Go back to the rogue forum, or maybe I should go there and tell you how much you need nerfs - because you do. Rogues are the only class people name when mentioning the meta for shadowlands and what to reroll. Get out.
Prot warriors drop like a rock to spell dmg and counter melee, thats a good thing.

4 Likes

Or you know accept the facts that tanks have no place in pvp.

7 Likes

Also big surprise, a hunter, the guy who already wrecks pvp prots. Why dont you cry about disarm too.

Given your own statement here, have you considered maybe these changes had nothing to do with pvp.

2 Likes

The only one crying is you lmao boohoo i cant play my broken tank spec in pvp.

5 Likes

I see what youre saying about pvp talents, and I think its good for them to have something to use against other players. But for random BGs, and World pvp not arena certainly. The problem is that Tanks part to play in pvp is that of denying others ability to play.

When you are up against a tank, its a negative experience. Their use in pvp is that of inhibiting others ability to play. They dont participate in the back and forth dance of CD usage and burst windows, they just stop the music all together. There is no interplay when a tank is on the field. The only way ive seen tanks in pvp is either, too weak and useless, or too strong and wont die. Either way its not good design.

5 Likes

Lol, it’s funny because tanks don’t hard counter anything except arms warriors because, big surprise, they have no healing. Least of all assassination rogues whose damage is mostly nature and bleeds.

You must be new here, because at this point you can probably throw a dart at any thread in this forum, read it, and know that I main warrior.

Prot has no place in PvP except running flags. Get over yourself.

3 Likes

Because most people dislike playing against tanks.

1 Like

doesnt seem like guardian druids are getting nerfed

2 Likes

This thread and the toxic garbage inside of it guides their development perspective. Based on that feedback that says that people shouldn’t be able to play a spec and enjoy it in all content.

Why don’t you save your vitriol for inside the game. I hear enough of it.

6 Likes

What’s your point?

Like you said people dislike playing against tanks but GDruid seems like its always been OP and never gets nerfed.

1 Like

How is that relevant to what I said? Just that they’re bad at balancing?

Except it doesn’t.