Pvp power is back

PVP Power was the pvp-only version of what versatility is now more or less.

1 Like

I agree. Aside from trinkets the gear should be just gear, no matter from where you get it. I like battlegrounds and Wpvp, but if PvP power/resilence is added back as it was before, the gear you get from doing arenas will have much pvp power than the one you get from BGs (we don’t know yet if we can get conquest from random battlegrounds).
If so, people who like to pvp but not arenas will get obliterated.
If gear is just gear, one can get it from anytype of content and do well.

1 Like

Happy for this change! But I won’t believe it till blizz confirms or makes it deep into beta.

Ion recently said they wouldn’t bring a pvp stat into shadowlands, so maybe their mind changed, who knows

This will be very promising and a vital step in resurrecting a lot of pvpers back into the game. MoP was one of my favorite time era’s in WoW pvp but we shall see if this will be kept and pertain to the pvp vendor conquest gear. :pray:

I don’t PVP anymore, but I really hope the PVP community gets this. And I usually hate everyone, but this i hope for, for them.

1 Like

I’m down for it making a return , hopefully we get a good test in beta with it . Just no templates man .

Oh darn. Now I don’t have to run Mythic +15s/Mythic Raids before being geared enough to step into a Random BG and not instantly explode.

Oh darn. Now PVP gear is actually good for PvP.

What horror.

3 Likes

Beta testing wow since 2004

That colour looks terrible with your complexion.

We’re still skeptical about what it is.

But PvPers absolutely want to get BIS gear for PvP from PvP. So this is a step in the right direction.

Ah. Okat that makes sense. Thanks for explaining that I was genuinely confused at if we even played with it or not.

I’m still a little nervous by how i don’t remember a lot about it, because that makes me feel like I could ignore it. BUt if that’s because it was already heavily baked into the gear then that’s fine.

That is what most yolo bg heros want. To be able to roflstomp new players, pve players trying to start pvping and alts.

If gear is just gear, they can’t.

2 Likes

Considering corruption gear ruined pvp, I’ll take pvp stat/pvp gear over pve gear any day

1 Like

You’re not wrong - the relative failure of templates kinda show that. PvPers want a form of progression, just like Mythic Raiders do. They want to feel more powerful, like raiders do when they get their BiS and progress.

I think there’s a happy medium that can be found between Templates and basically requiring Mythic +15/Mythic Raiding gear to not be ketchup packeted instantly in any form of PvP though.

Depends. In BC/ Wrath when casual bgs started to reward decent gear, players complained and called it welfare gear.

To an extent, it does make sense in an mmo that time investment and completing progressively challenging content (both pve and pvp) rewards nicer gear.

Pvp power was introduced in MoP and replaced the resilience stat of cata. Mop also had gear scaling so that conquest gear was always higher than raid gear in bgs and arena.

If conquest points are only obtainable by doing arenas, that will be a problem for non-arena players that like to pvp. If they want to add pvp power a solution that could work for everybody could be:
-Let blue pvp gear (ilvl equal to gear from heroic dungeons) be purchased with Marks of Honor.
-Set a conquest point weekly cap so at the end of the week players can buy any piece they need.
-Make conquest pvp gear upgradable with Marks of honor up to Mythic raid level.
-Marks of honor can be obtainable in BGs, arena and Wpvp (Wpvp quests and killing blows)

Depending on how it’s implemented, this might actually kinda suck for players that don’t tunnelvision on one type of content. If it winds up being roughly a ~10-20 ilvl difference like in WoD, that’s not so bad, but if the difference is so large forces you to carry and keep upgraded (at minimum) duplicates for all slots, that’s not so great.

Im not freaking out because its prob fake. Until I see how it works and see if it will be in the final build I am not biting. Its just a data mined thing that no one has tested yet. I am waiting for more official news

Perhaps you’d prefer a Horde Aedalynne better anyway.

1 Like