Pvp power is back

I reminber seeing people geared half pvp and half pve was the way to go in mop for best of both worlds.Also only the best pvp well geared even standed a chance vs a mythic geared player ext.

Hey you never know you might get disappointed in a whole new way! (:

1 Like

I make my own reality. I’ll see it when I believe it!

I seem to remember PvP power being a way to keep people from gearing via PvP by giving sub par gear with PvP stats. Though high end PvEers were still able to reach the same damage level just by virtue of having much better gear. I hope Blizzard doesn’t go down this path again.

1 Like

MoP pvp power is back?

hmmm I’m not sure how I feel about it yet… let me see if this is actually happening or not.

If they do it right, it would be amazing.

PvP gear has stam + PvP Power (more dmg to players) + PvP Resilience (less dmg from players). Those are the ONLY stats on PvP gear.

PvE gear has stam + agi / str / int / etc. Those stats have no bearing on the damage you do to players or the damage you take from players.

PvP gear is really bad for PvE.
PvE gear is really bad for PvP.

PvP gear can only be obtained by PvP. The best gear for PvP needs to be from PvP - none of the “full set of PvP gear + PvE weapon = BiS” crap that they did have.

PvE gear can only be obtained by doing PvE. None of the “Oh, just do some BGs for higher ilvl gear and you’ll be good for heroic raiding”.

1 Like

This is greatest news ever. PVP power is what pvp needed. Keep gear different between PVE and PVP to represent the player commitment to the content. While at it but pvp teir back into the game.

And this seems like a good idea, i get PvP could use more gear,
But to make it where PvE gear isnt effective in a pvp setting would just make BGs not worth queing up for.

1 Like

We already have multiple sets though.
Raid ST, AoE, Dungeon slice, PvP

Most of us have over half our bags full of gear so no diff there

What it does do is not force PvP players to do pve and visa versa

2 Likes

Random BGs would give you PvP gear, which would boost your PvP effectiveness. Those interested in PvP would start here (like starting with normal and heroic dungeons).

Skill not withstanding, someone who is a PvP god, decked out in all BiS PvP gear should be able to do the equivalent damage in PvE as someone in normal mode raiding gear. Conversely, someone in full BiS Mythic raiding gear / M+ gear should do the equivalent damage in PvP as someone in full random BG gear.

If they want to progress further in PvP or PvE, they need to partake in that game type.

2 Likes

So will it replace stats on gear? Otherwise pvp gear will be ok for pve and pvp

I’m all about PvP, and I agree with this. I want to be able to get gear from PvP, and I want the stats to be geared toward PvP, but I don’t want to have to switch my entire set out for PvE, and play two separate gearing games.

I just want to be able to earn equivalent gear in PvP, albeit with stats that focus on my preferred content.

3 Likes

i feel the same with the gear,I dont care where people get the gear if it be pvp/pve as long as it works in both areas…

The idea that i keep seeing though is PvP gear for pvp only and PvE for PvE only is kinda silly

3 Likes

The PvP community is pretty hyped out about it. Obviously we don’t know what this means exactly, but we know in some way shape or form PvP power is a stat that is currently in alpha.

I know this is a controversial topic to some people, but in my opinion when PvE players say “I don’t want to grind a PvP set to PvP”, I just point out this expansions PvP participation. From season 1 to season 2 of BFA, PvP participation dropped 55%, and has continued to drop since. PvP participation is at an all time low in this game, yet PvErs can jump in whenever they want.

Well they aren’t. I’m very optimistic about this change because it’ll bring back most of the players who only want to play PvP content, and those who want to do both can manage two separate sets of gear. I used to have dozens of azerite pieces in my bags, 2 sets of gear won’t kill anyone.

Very very excited for what is to come.

4 Likes

It really is. I’m playing one game, I just like to partake in separate activities in said game. I don’t want to feel like I have to gear for each portion of content separately for each spec.

I have heard that before .
5.3 patch . ( 5.3 patch - base line resilience for all gear .) I have felt that 5.3 patch was end of pvp as i know it .

To bring back something like pvp power will help out the pvp community.

1 Like

Lack of gear for pvp might make it easy for anyone to jump in but it has obviously helped quite a bit in decimating pvp participation. Lets hope they can still bring it back from its current lifeless state.

How many azerite pieces/corrupted items do u carry right now? I got too many in my bags and they are there just in case.

1 Like

its not about the amount of gear sets, Its the time it takes to get BG wins to get said currency cause its hard for a lot of people to play capture the flag or domination type maps… IF i choose to gear in a PvE setting i would like for it to work in a pvp situation and the same if i gear in pvp the gear should be fine in pve.

Yup, am totally supportive of anything that helps make pvp better

1 Like