PvP Play with the Blues -- Friday, June 4 at 3:00 p.m. PDT

Tomorrow, Friday, June 4, come join members of the World of Warcraft development team on the Broxigar realm of the Chains of Domination PTR as we playtest new and redesigned PvP talents.

We’ll get underway at 3:00 p.m. PDT (5:00 p.m. CDT, 6:00 p.m. EDT) with an hour of random Battlegrounds. To playtest this with us, log into the PTR and open Group Finder (default hotkey: i), then select Random Battlegrounds and click Join Battle.

Then starting at 4:00 p.m (6:00 p.m. CDT, 7:00 p.m. EDT) we’re going to switch over to Arena Skirmishes. To playtest this with us, log into the PTR and open Group Finder (default hotkey: i), join a party with 1 or 2 other people, then select Arena Skirmish and click Join Battle.

Before then, get your PvP character ready on Broxigar, and check out our full list of PvP talent changes here: Chains of Domination Full PTR Notes

We look forward to playtesting with you and reading your feedback afterward as we continue PvP development PvP in Chains of Domination. See you there!

9 Likes

It’s on baby. Winner take all.

YOU. WILL. SUFFER… many Ice Walls.

2 Likes

“and reading your feedback”

4 Likes

Can you fix the Mistweaver PvP talent “Refreshing Breeze” As using this talent and Expel Harming a dot Magic Dot off when paired with the PvP talent “Counteract Magic” does not give you any stacks of “Counteract Magic”.

Reading our feedback and acting on our feedback are two very different things.

4 Likes

wich is why i linked this, for them to read and hopefully act on.

1 Like

Aight, bets on how quickly the Ret and Arms nerfs arrive when one of the devs gets rinsed?

2 Likes

Hopefully someone from Blizzard plays a Shadow Priest and can identify a single legendary worth using other than sephuz cause I certainly haven’t.

Everyone log on with condemn warriors & ret paladins. Make Ion face the monster he created.

11 Likes

Everyone come play on priest and give the entire enemy team mc bug

I would queue but first I gotta find an actual group in all these “WTS” group finder listings…

2 Likes

This is obviously a trick. With balance the way it is, I don’t think and blues actually play the game.

I wanna join in this.

While we’re talking PvP, can you revert the nerfs from Legion to Arcane Power in PvP? It’s currently at 20%SP/30%Mana cost reduction instead of 30%SP/30%Mana cost reduction when in PvP combat.

Arcane Empowerment also doesn’t interact with Mirrors of Torment when you generate a Clearcasting proc from a Mirror being consumed and instead gives you regular Clearcasting while also consuming both versions of the proc when casting Arcane Missiles while both proc types are active.

Actual pvp testing by devs Pog

1 Like

2 Likes

In about one hour, we’re going to watch Venruki’s stream here: https://www.twitch.tv/venruki

And then we’re queueing up for PvP on Broxigar.

Please join us!

What’s more worrisome to me is that it feels like the developers think a couple hour casual PvP session is a good baseline for PvP balance as a whole… crazy.

Just ignore all the data from an entire season of PvP feedback so that the fraction of a fraction of a seasons worth of time of casual pvp is used as the standard…

1 Like

Realistically, the point of this exercise is to say to PvPers “We acknowledge you exist”. Most likely they had metrics suggesting a dip in PvP participation (which they then quickly say is completely natural and will rebound with 9.1) and forced their hand.

But then why did they spend all that time revamping torghast (which ppl dont want to do anyways) instead of revamping the PvP matchmaking system so its not abusable by boosters selling PvP carries? Making conduits? Better legendaries?

Tuning our base covenant abilities so that the majority of them so bad and there actually is a meaningful choice?