Pvp pet battles

Anyone know why the pvp pet battles take over 10-15 minutes to get a que? Even if my friend and I both que at the same time.

It’s a niche activity. Not many people queue for them.

You and your friend are probably in different battle groups. Have you ever been matched with him?

1 Like

Also, they did put in place a matching system that attempts to pit players of similar experience against each other. If you have won 1000 battles, you are unlikely to get matched with a player who has 0 wins.

Blizz have made it really hard for PvP Pet battlers by making a dysfunctional battlegroup system with hidden matchmaking as well.

It’s an absolute pain in the @ss

hopefully they rework the system soon, there is a good community of people who enjoy this
but anyone who is assigned to an inactive battlegroup just gives up

1 Like

So is the hidden matchmaking system based on wins or pet battle achievement points? or both?

We are in the same guild, were trying to battle each other since then it doesn’t take up to 10 minutes for a que to pop.

Wording is somewhat ambiguous, but it came in the 8.1 patch:

If you’d like to compete head-to-head with other players, the PvP pet battle matchmaker has been improved. Now, players who are new to the PvP battle pet system are more likely to be matched up against other new PvP pet battlers.

Ok thanks, i’m at 130 wins and my friend was at 0 now their up to 115 so almost dead even then we will try again.

SO agree Creeks. You posted in 2020. Seems things are still the same. Is there any record of Blizzard ever acknowledging this need?