PVP Pet Battle Rewards

What are the PVP rewards currently? A very small chance to win a couple of polished pet charms lol.

I wish every PVP win would give better rewards like maybe 100 rep points to the faction of your choosing. Better rewards would be a good incentive for people to pet battle and increase the pet battle population, which in turn would mean shorter wait queues.

2 Likes

I agree the rewards are pretty awful. I’ve gotten stones and charms. Would be nice to get a rare pet once in a great long while. Or gold. If the rewards were too good, we’d see a ton more FOTM comps and bots, I think. And the devs probably think those that do pet pvp do them for the fun, but the queues are such that they aren’t fun. I get tired of playing the same three people over and over again.

If they just bumped up the chance for charms that would be something at least. If they added a title for the 5k achievement I might be motivated to try and finish it off.

3 Likes

Maybe battle for pink slips, winner gets to keep their opponent’s pets.

That’s one way to ensure PvP pet battles die forever.

Some player will just love handing over his Frosty, Baby Blizzard Bear and Spirit of Competition after I thrash him in a pet battle.

1 Like

Yeah, there definitely needs to be better PvP rewards. Nothing ridiculous, and the rewards should only be relevant to pet collectors/battlers. Rare pet rewards would be great, but really they need to add pet rewards to the PvP pet achieves like they do with the collection achieves. 5,000 PvP wins and… no reward? Horrid. Add some incentives and raise the ceiling with every xpac.

3 Likes

You get a bag after winning 10 battles. A chance for random stuff like what you get for defeating tamers.

I said before that there should be a small chance to get rare pets in the bag. People would still complain if they didn’t get an Ethereal Soul Trader in the first month, but at least a chance would be nice.

I don’t get why they don’t add a currency for pvp pet battles. If they don’t want to do charms, fine. Give me one token for each pvp pet battle I win. There could be a vendor that sells things (stones, bags with a small drop chance of a rare pet, etc) – that would be awesome.

In fact, let’s take that a step further – two tokens if you win with:

1. Three of the same family pet
  2. An uncommon pet
  3. A “pet of the week” (e.g. “Win with Willy!” week – get an extra token for using Willy in a winning pet battle.

Sounds like fun and definitely enough variety possibilities to keep people interested.

4 Likes

I dont care much about rewards I just want my queue to be active.
:frowning:

1 Like

I actually really like this idea!

you could go even one more step further and introduce a weekly pet BMAH where you bid your pvp currency on the more rare or exotic pets, maybe a non-obtainable pet once in a blue moon

there just needs to be an incentive to keep playing beyond the 1000 wins title to keep the queue active and the meta fresh

1 Like

I did the 5K achieve, then basically stopped because there was nothing left to do.

Blizz could simply ad a 10k achieve with a mount or special pet and we old timers would probably come back out an party every week.

They don’t, they won’t, who knows, but until they do the pet battle arenas will suffer as most of us don’t bother anymore.

Wow. This is gold right here. They should definitely add currency AND this idea.

Same here, but I don’t have it in me to do it again if they make a 10K achieve. I’m retired for good from PvP pet battles.

If they instituted a reward system like we were talking about, would you do it again, though?

If you asked me this a year ago I probably would have said yes, but my current burn out factor with the game is pretty high. I’m really only holding out to reach 30K achieves then most likely hanging up my cleats.

And to double down, unless they instigated a bg honor system of pvp pet battle rewards that meant something (mount/pet/titles etc) , pet battle pvp will simply die out as the core battlers have already finished the 5k, and there is absolutely no reason for them to come back.

Well, they are still fun. It’s the queue (bg) system that will do the pvp pet battles in, I think.

2 Likes

If you’re not doing pet pvp for fun you’re doing it wrong.

1 Like

After 5000 wins and probably at least another 700-1000 losses - fun dries up a bit.

1 Like

the meta has changed a lot though

I’m really enjoying seeing a wide variety of teams to play against

instead of graves graves graves
or teroclaw hatchling ad nauseum
back in those days

Mind projection fallacy. Look into it, and then avoid it in the future.