PvP Nerf fire into hell buff frost

PvPFire has been in the spotlight for 5 years now let’s get on with it

7 Likes

Arcane is the spec that currently needs buffs. Frost is in a very good spot right now.

5 Likes

What they should do, is make Arcane king for a while.

4 Likes

Frost is looking ok I think. The problem is that sustained damage just isn’t as valued as burst. I guess that was true in BFA too, but not to such a degree. Nerfing fire into the ground won’t result in more frost mage representation, you’ll just see more druids lol.

Uh no it hasnt it only comes to power when the expansion meets its end and arcane is been number one for ever… If blizzard would just balance the classes and design them as they should be and stop making everything so cookie cutter. Then maybe it would be great again, But i can log in my hunter or dk for example and just play the class and not have to hit every button perfectly to do good damage. As a fire mage if you dont get your crits just right or the right amount of procs our damage suffers its the dumbest design of the century.

I can’t play Fire so I would be ok with this.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/26#aggregate=amount&boss=2406&sample=7&itemleveldisplay=scaled&class=Mage&dataset=95

Hi! Here’s a standard raid boss fight. Another topic for the rubbish bin. Also, buff Arcane before Frost.

Edit:
Okay, at least you’re more specific now by saying it’s PVP. It’s still important to explain more why you think Fire PVP needs a nerf.

1 Like

Wish they wouldn’t nerf anything into hell, but make all specs relatively competitive. But from Ion’s demo comments years ago it seems their intended policy is to let some specs to sit in oblivion while they rotate fotms :frowning:

Not only should they not “nerf fire into hell”, they should also not buff frost significantly more when it’s already pretty good. As I keep saying, class in-fighting is unbelievably stupid.

I can see Frost needing some love in PvP, namely giving them Deep Freeze again, but it’s already looking strong. And then Arcane absolutely needs far more attention than Frost. Frost’s been buffed multiple times already.

2 Likes

Not for pvp

That’s probably never happening. Whenever anyone figures out how to use arcane to any effect in pvp Blizzard squashes it almost overnight. They do not like the spec, period.

fire and frost mages reading this be like:

HE’S TOO DANGEROUS TO BE LEFT ALIVE!

This is a pvp topic

That’s not how you specified this topic before. You only had “Nerf fire into hell buff frost” and stated nothing about PVP. Don’t try to turn this around on me when you couldn’t make the effort to be more specific about your gripes with Fire mages. I suggest that this topic be deleted if you’re going to just change the subject (or specificity thereof).

2 Likes

i played frost in BFA for random bgs(that’s almost all i do for fun) but had to go fire in SL, as fire you need less casts

due to burst in sl you can’t have enough time to cast out frosbolts when someone focus you, frost doesn’t need more % damage, frost needs to stop relaying in frostbolts to build icicles and procs at least in pvp

Would need a complete redesign since getting silence lock you out of 99% of your spells.

It was better than fire in legion so its been king of pvp for a while. Before that it was king of hfc in pve.

Dog its in his topic if you are just responding to titles maybe do the extra work to read the one sentence in the topic itself.

swear to god Mages are the only class that want each other nerfed.

The original topic of this post was:

“Nerf fire into hell buff frost”

The original message in this post was:

“Fire has been in the spotlight for 5 years now let’s get on with it”

I responded with the top half of:

Because I’m tired of low effort posts that asks for nerfs “because reasons”

The person edits his official post, (you can see the edited icon) to put PVP in front of both the title and the message. I edit my post to include more information:

In response.

The OP then responds to me to make it look like I’m the one that’s wrong:

Where I then respond to this dirty trick.

That’s the timeline of events. Others saw the original post as well and they can verify that this is what happened. It’s also why others also responded about PVE.

I shouldn’t have to defend myself on this.

2 Likes