PvP Issues Organized Megathread Plea for Aid to Community Council and Blizzard

We can, I tagged a few at the onset of posting this, 2 CC members made PvP related posts, one of them even linked my post but I bet dollars to nickles Blizz didn’t even glance at it. The CC post that links it is titled “The State of PvP”. It’s been buried under a bunch of other posts by now. Idk if tagging is against the rules, as long as it’s not spammy I think it’s fine

I wonder which community council member cares the most about pvp.

I’ll tag them once. Shouldn’t be considered spam I don’t think

Esfx made a post, Cyrios did but he’s off the council now, and Lunule was planning on making one and commented on a couple. None of them are particularly avid PvPers but they do care and they dabble, from what I can tell none of them feel very comfortable speaking on these issues, that they aren’t particularly familiar with.

Can you remind me how to tag in these forums?

I tried @ but nothing really happened

I just link one of their posts since it gives them a notification, I’m pretty new to the forums. I just wanted to see change. Wish I’d applied for the council but I didn’t hear about it soon enough.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/pvp-ladder-needs-something/1816771

Maybe this works.

Council, if you can see this, can we talk about a modern wow pvp server? We could really use one about now.

I’d be on board with a modern wow pvp server. War mode just doesn’t cut it for me

1 Like

I remember being so hopeful when they gave us the PvP vendors back, then that was it…. For years……

Id love a pvp server, I dont know butch but I like him and would love a chance to blow up his pixles with my mechagnome i need to gear lol

Doing BGs while leveling is basically pointless, and so unbalanced, party sync is nuts. Solid thread, hopefully someone sees it and cares.

1 Like

And once again they have not buffed the machines and NPCs for Season4 Epic Battle Grounds, just led my team in what may have been the fastest Ashran Zerge win ever. Man I hope they fix this.

1 Like

I think that would just further divide the playerbase and increase queue times.

-Ban “scouting” by spreading Deserter penalty to all characters on an account.

-Curtail multi-group coordination by making it a punishable offense and adding mitigation strategies like increasing missed queue penalties for groups.

-Make BGs cross-faction already. They can’t be guaranteed to play with their larger group, and they waste their own time. This also solves queue time issues.

Edit: At the OP, great post, I support all of this.

1 Like

This drives me insaaaaane in Alterac Valley. It just becomes a race, not a battleground.

1 Like

I slipped in a section at the bottom of the Elimination of Premades tabs titled (Possible Solutions) I hope they never have to strip away the faction divide in BGs but if that’s what it takes for them to actually do something, I’d sign off on it.

I was pulling Vandaar with 0 towers in Season 3, season 4 is gonna be wack.

Yeah I did Wintergrasp earlier and the
Machines just melt, imagine if this kind of thing were happening in other content…

1 Like

Some guy was in Ashran and it was his first time, we zerged the boss and it was over as soon as it started. Dude was so disappointed, PvP participation numbers are never going to go up if this is how the content is handled.

1 Like

That’s a pretty terrible introduction to be honest, almost as bad as getting farmed by a premade in a 20v40.

1 Like

Yeah honestly buffing NPC HP and Vehicle HP has got to be one of the easiest tasks they can do while working on the game. It’s pretty shameful they can’t even do that.

I started playing again after having nothing to do in SoD. I’m a solo player who prefers to PVP. Almost any modern competitive online game has a feature for solo players. For years, one reason that kept me out of warcraft was the main focus on arenas as pvp. While arenas are cool, I really hate how it became the main pvp mode. To me, since warcraft 2 days, warcraft pvp has always been about larger scale battles, aka our beloved battlegrounds.

I love BGs and thats what I queue for all day. What sucks is that I feel like only until TWW, there was no way for me to obtain gear/rewards. I don’t want to raid to gear up, and I don’t want to play arena. Until TWW, you still need a full team for RBG. I just want to pvp in a ‘war’ in an mmorpg, and also get rewarded for doing so. WoW is the closest game to get this fantasy right, but just barely.

1 Like

Totally agree and I feel the same way and love that content. I think they doubled down on making Arenas the focus because it was easier to balance…and yet they still can’t get that close to right… If you’re having a hard time getting conquest and rewards through non Arena PvP be sure to do all the weekly quests in Valdrakken, they give lots of conquest, be sure to accept the quests in Epic BGs since they give conq, and if you’re feeling froggy make a healer and heal solo shuffle you get account bound conquest tokens you can send to your alts. BG Blitz Brawl counts towards the Great Vault now which is great.