PvP is basically dead and here is why

Not reading 5 paragraphs.

2 Likes

Sorry you felt the need to make a bloviated response. I would be happy to read it if you want to stay on point and condense it to something manageable.

1 Like

Yes, why not? Use a defensive cooldown. As a night elf, you can even shadowmeld it.

If he is using wings, and you are right on top of him and not using a defensive cooldown, what do you expect? Itā€™s not ā€œrandomā€. It is him using a cooldown, and you not respecting the cooldown by trading one.

Very nice SAT word. Heā€™s pontificating.

2 Likes

You know competitive players play for the competition not the gear right?

So right now competitive players have quit and the half a dozen people like you that like gear crutches are the only ones left.

Can anyone be more clueless?

11 Likes

Heā€™s a ā€œWpvp heroā€.

'Nuff said.

2 Likes

QQQQQQ

10chad

We grew up with the Dewey Decimal System, my brother. No one is challenging us to a duel of words. Haha

2 Likes

Amen, amigo. I blame TikTok. Now Zoomers replace the word ā€œlieā€ with ā€œcapā€, and it still makes no sense to me. Dozer is the first step backwards in human evolution.

5 Likes

you clearly missed the ā€œoutside of wingsā€ part

Well, I assumed you miss said something, because no ret does 30k TVā€™s outside of wings. Even then 30k TVā€™s can only happen on low vers players.

It seems you are trying to exaggerate it a bit to bolster your point.

AWC has been on an hour and is topping out at 4k viewers and barely 4k too. Itā€™s heavily disliked. Iā€™d say not only is PvP dead but so dead that people just donā€™t care anymore and have moved on. Seriously barely 4k viewers.

4 Likes

Imagine making a huge, insulting response then deleting it. Lol No one carried me to Duelist in season one. I put in a lot of work to assert myself as a reliable RBG healer last season, and could have a 2nd Duelist again if I cared to push RBGs outside of just healing for people when they whisper me. Gear isnā€™t an issue for me.

So when I tell you gear disparity is an issue, itā€™s because Iā€™ve spent a lot of time on BG forums around casual players who have quit the game because this system disallows them to get honor geared and have fun. Itā€™s also because Iā€™m not facing other players around my XP in lower MMR arena, Iā€™m facing people with 2.2 XP, which tells me thereā€™s a lot less people playing the game. All those QQ casuals you donā€™t care about? Thereā€™s a lot more of them then there are D stance dummies who spam condemn in 2v2 and think theyā€™re Godā€™s. You might want to consider that if you want to continue being a D stance dummy, instead of a person who used to play WoW before the servers shut down.

3 Likes

Why would anyone play WoW PVP seriously when they are much better alternatives that are more competitive and have an audience?

Wow pvp hasnā€™t really been a main-stream thing since MoP and after the drastic amount of ability pruning that happened in WoD it hasnā€™t recovered since.

Isnā€™t AWC on youtube or something now? 4k Viewers on youtube of all platforms is embarrassingly low. Thatā€™d be like 500viewers on twitch

5 Likes

Iā€™ll give ya a like because I agree with this.

Disagree here though, Iā€™ll take WoD over MoP any day personally. I skipped MoP because I knew WoW was heading down hill and it was the only expansion I didnā€™t buy at launch and the first time I discontinued my sub. MoP is the expansion I have the most hate and resentment for because I knew what was happening. I consider Cata the last official WoW expansion.

They need to get back to basics again which means Talent trees and no more systems.

I actually perferā€™d Cata as well when it comes to PvP, even as an enhance Main. But Iā€™m more so talking about PvP popularity blew up massively in MoP. WoW was by far the most viewed game on Twitch(Reckful, Mitch, Sodapoppin) at the time.

MoP was the last time WoWā€™s PvP was mainstream and itā€™s undisputedly been on a deep decline since. This isnā€™t a preference on which expansionā€™s PvP is better, but MoP was far more popular than WoD was for viewership and PvP activity.

3 Likes

:man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: I just got here.

oh they understand

they just donā€™t have the design goals we want them to have

3 Likes

also the pvp team consists of 2 people. :confused:

2 Likes

It is also stupidly gated behind Renown levelsā€¦ Want to make an alt to pvp and gear up? Sorry have to run around doing cov/campaign quests you have already done instead of PvPing and playing the gameā€¦

Donā€™t forget that you need to grind dailies and korthia so your passive power is as up to par as everyone elses(Conduit ilvls)ā€¦

Anyone else remember the days when you want to make a PvP char in wow and you would get to gear up by PvPing with your friends?

Difference between GET to and HAVE toā€¦

12 Likes