PvP healer

Boys I got my fury warrior all pvp geared out and maxed out my Honor points till pvp season starts. I want to make a healer for bgs. I was thinking either resto, holy pally or any other suggestions for a healer for bgs.

that name tho

My main is disc priest. I’m tipping charts every bg and I’m super super tanky. I’m hoping disc will be s-tier healer for rated bgs again :heart:

1 Like

My healer is gonna be named Andrewtate

Disc priest or prevoker I play both and both are fun and very very strong.

I was considering priest as well. I love shadow to incase I want to switch up

Aren’t you already a healer?

2 Likes

You already rolled one of the best healers in the game RN, why downgrade?

1 Like

Disc has strong sustained, though Holy will give you the godly numbers.

Smashed out a 400k Serenity in an EotS just now, and we havent even started the Season yet.

https://i.imgur.com/q0LQWN3.png

If the name is gonna be Andrewtate (forewarning, probably gonna get mass reported for a name change), then you gotta go Human Male

So your options are Priest, Monk, and Paladin

I won’t comment on power level, because I think every healer is good for different reasons, and they are all capable of doing 95% of PvP content.

Monk is very mobile and fun to play. Their PvP play style has a simplistic quality to it, but it doesn’t feel like a bore to play. They’re a healer that’s focused on very defensive healing, so you won’t be expected to contribute much to dps , which some support players really like. Lots of powerful CC tools on short cooldown. Not very many long cooldowns to monitor.

However, they can tend to run out of mana fast, and they’re squishy, so you have to stay moving often.

Paladins are very solid healers, with a lot of instant casting. They’re a ramp play style so you’ll have to stay aware of what resources you have available to you at what times. Their cool downs are insanely powerful, and very annoying for players who have to answer for it. They don’t require a lot of movement to play, so good for people who like to claim a spot and pump.

However, they’re a bit boring to play imo, and their cool downs are very core to their gameplay, so not a good choice for people who are forgetful about tracking long cooldowns.

Priest is my personal favorite. They’re a very offensive healer, so they’re very much focused on combat as well as healing bars. Casting spells like mind games to debuff a priority target, or using mass dispel to destroy a paladins shield, feels very satisfying.

Both specs feel fairly easy to play in PvP. Disc always feels a little more tanky as it focuses on mitigating damage, where as holy feels a little more squish, but their healing pumps so much that you can still survive really well, just more button pushes required.

Drawbacks are Disc can run out of mana fast, Holy has a bit of keybind bloat, and priest is the only healer without an interupt.

I personally really love Holy right now. It’s just fun seeing healing bars shoot up quickly, and it doesn’t have a lot of long cool downs to track which is something I prefer.

So really … it’s your choice. I went off other peoples advice and leveled a resto druid to 70. I just wasn’t enjoying it … I know it’s a good healer but … all the healers are good right now no matter what tier lists say, so hopefully describing them helps you make a decision.

3 Likes

I think Disc is the best BG healer for solo play. Haven’t played my mistweaver in a while but I’m hearing good things. Only class I topped kills and heals.

Make it a monk and show off those dance moves king

And both of these have better mana than hpal

Much appreciated man

1 Like