PvP Gearing is MMORPG Progression and it's GOOD

It’s never about trying to reason with trolls or the ignorant. It’s about the message.

1 Like

https://www.xunamate.com/

It goes something like this \

Where \ is my drawing of a downward trend using my plebe powers on the forum…

4 Likes

The primary reason why BlizZard is changing PVP gearing is because the participation was inflated due to PVE players being forced to PVP in S1. And to help out PVP players with lower ilevel PVP gear from being steam rolled by M+ PVE gear in instanced PVP with scaling PVP gear in PVP combat. Throw in slowing doost boosts and that is how season 2 is going to shake out.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

2 Likes

I don’t think we can really judge anything based on current participation. I have a few dozen btags from over the season, all of them were successfully climbing the ladder. Just most people aren’t 7 lvl60 freaks like me, and once they’ve peaked for the season on a toon or two they do something else. To be perfectly honest, if I didn’t work a job where I have nothing better to do but play WoW I would have quit for the season already. People reaching their goals and taking a break is totally normal behavior.

2 Likes

I mean my friends and I played all of every single season of mop/wod. When alts are actually fun and you can spend your time doing fun activities on them (like arenas) instead of choreghast or the maw you tend to stick around longer… For real we played every class in every spec in every comp in every rating from 1500-2.1. Had a blast.

Rating locking gear and crap like ridiculous boring PvE chores is what is killing PvP. Since legion lol… You notice in the last blue post they just compare it to recent BFA seasons lol…

3 Likes

9.3K views. 23 likes.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/pvp-item-levels-in-chains-of-domination/937788

1 Like

Call me whatever names and insults you want, but either way you’re just proving my point that you’re a conspiracy theorist and an overall negative person. It’s just a game, play and have some fun!

Well that didn’t really make any sense but okay! I’m having a blast healing as a prot paly in the 51-59 range atm.

1 Like

I agree with this.

Not everyone is going to take that PVP gear earned and do some high end PVE raiding or M+.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

Learn to read. Explain to me how someone who only does pvp and wants to progress their character beyond item level 200 does so without doing rated pvp?

I know you can’t answer this question because it invalidates your entire premise.

2 Likes

PvErs are forced into raids and keys if they want to progress their characters beyond a certain point. PvPers are forced into rated pvp if they want to progress their characters beyond a certain point.

If unrated PvPers had a path of progression outside of rated pvp to progress their characters they would use that option.

If PvE players that don’t like raids or keys had a path of progression outside of raids and keys they would use that option.

When you remove options that previously existed, you are forcing behavior.

3 Likes

Nobody is forced to do anything. It’s just a game.

1 Like

Can you please detail your planned path of progression to getting pvp gear beyond item level 200 without doing any rated pvp.

6 Likes

Dear Blizzard,

Please change the game to suit my personal tastes and desires. I, as a consumer, am entitled to you developing the game around me.

Your biggest fan,
BG Forums

1 Like

I’m guessing you’ve just not had much experience with earning calls and such if you think this sort of behavior is conspiratorial. Companies pay lawyers and consultants big bucks to handle their earning calls for their shareholders.

4 Likes

Just to add on, btw:

Participation going DOWN towards the end of a season instead of UP is absolutely a new trend that didn’t start occuring until BFA because of the way title qualifications were reorganized and rewarded during the season rather than after it.
It’s really telling which talking heads aren’t aware of it, almost like the people that like this season are pretty unfamiliar with pvp historically.

“End-of-season grind” mean nothing to you guys?

3 Likes

I don’t see why you need to reply to my same post twice, desperate for attention I guess. I don’t value what conspiracy theorists have to say, sorry.

I guess that might make sense… to somebody.

Whoa man, calm down, you’re peddling conspiracy theories here. They could just be stoned and forgetful or on a bugged pageload that excluded their previous post. These things have been known to happen.

I don’t wanna dismiss you for being conspiratorial, but man, you gotta think it through

2 Likes

Critical Role being played by one actor.

4 Likes