PvP gearing is bad and not fun (HELP)

It’s funny to remember, past years when pvp gear would have like a two piece bonus that was great in pve, it was gotten by pve’rs but usually hotfix right off if “to op” for pve.

Here in legion pve gear >>> over pvp all expansion and no changes, all we want is some sort of feedback but a 20 page post with almost 450 likes and still nothing
01/05/2018 12:55 AMPosted by Reimmi
Just dropping this out there too: pvp gear shouldn't have vers on almost every piece of gear, should be a choice on a vendor what stats you get. not this rng crap

You are right xd put gear back at vendor and cap out once a week sometimes twice was great compared to the crap we got now. you could get two or three sets of gear and play how you like.

We were told that in this expansion PVP gear would not matter but it does.
We were told that fine-tuning AKA fixing class, spec would be easy. no class or spec would be left behind, but here we are today where do we stand?
01/05/2018 09:10 AMPosted by Fleasprayqt
It’s funny to remember, past years when pvp gear would have like a two piece bonus that was great in pve, it was gotten by pve’rs but usually hotfix right off if “to op” for pve.

Here in legion pve gear >>> over pvp all expansion and no changes, all we want is some sort of feedback but a 20 page post with almost 450 likes and still nothing

Better to tweet it at someone (Ion) than sit here and hope they see it
01/05/2018 09:17 AMPosted by Meleelock
01/05/2018 09:10 AMPosted by Fleasprayqt

Better to tweet it at someone (Ion) than sit here and hope they see it

You're probably right, but why dose blizzard has forums if they never look at them.
Do they even go to the pvp forums anymore?
I get the impression that a Blizz staff wide email was sent to not even go into this part of the forum.
... I half agree and half disagree. I do think taking the power out of gear did hurt participation quite a bit, but at the same time, I do think it needed to be done for rated PvP. That being said, they could still let it affect random bgs, skirms, and world, and give it a pretty substantial power boost, so you go around wrecking people still like you could back in the old days. I still think it'd hurt participation some, but not quite as much if you were a god in world PvP.... buuuuut lulz every server is going to be a pve server soon... If you think participation is low this expac, just wait until that goes live.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I bolded, it seems that you think my gear model implies a significant gear disparity.

If that is what you believe, yes, I do think a gear disparity is fine - as long as it's the gear disparity of MoP and WoD. One that you can, if you get an alt/start out late, overcome.

The "competitive" part, thus, already end up matching people at the top that are all geared, so for them, there is no loss but the gain of being able to tailor their gear to their needs. The sense of progression from the bottom, from blue honor to conquest gear, remains intact and a way to streamline the PvP experience (instead of Honor talents, which gut your classes and unlock abilities that were base, useful even in PvE, and locks them behind crappy pseudo talents).

I understand the urge for the more PvP minded players to think that just having equal power period is the best situation for PvP, but with that, I am forced to disagree.

The real incentive for a RPG like WoW is growing your character, and then playing that beefed up character of yours in higher difficulties/against better or stronger enemies.

Having the top PvP require no gear makes the progression wheel collapse.

It's like if all Mythic Raiding were like MoP challenge modes.

Those might work for tournaments, invitationals and the like, but live-play cannot be based on that.

Live play is based on character progression.

Also, I don't think World PvP/PvE has, or will have, any impact in rated participation.

Rated participation lives and dies by it's reward system and acessibility.

Spot freaking on!
01/05/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Legionofvic
Do they even go to the pvp forums anymore?
I get the impression that a Blizz staff wide email was sent to not even go into this part of the forum.

My guess is they completely ignore the PVP forums. Their interest is not nor has ever been in PVP or keeping their PVP base happy (if they had, we'd not be complaining on an almost daily basis how horrible PVP is).

They are 100% vested in their PVE base and its apparent in every single piece of gear you have and the rewards for PVE (greatly!) vs PVP (horrible).

Just a sad fact. I would guess at least 50% of the players in this game enjoy PVP but they cater to their PVE base (thus the significant drop in subscriptions).

Not sure how valid this chart is...

https://www.statista.com/statistics/276601/number-of-world-of-warcraft-subscribers-by-quarter/
ya i play a lot at 1600-2000 and it's almost not worth capping when you get 930-940 gear and I'm getting 960 from my mythic raid / mythic 15+ cache.
Pugging the new raid lets you get the biweekly loot quest with a minimum 930 piece in there. I had a trinket TF up to 960 today from that. Far easier than PvP.
01/05/2018 04:07 PMPosted by Lothlòria
They are 100% vested in their PVE base and its apparent in every single piece of gear you have and the rewards for PVE (greatly!) vs PVP (horrible).

You do know that the top ilvl player has always been a pvper till this season, right?
01/06/2018 12:43 AMPosted by Jugajr
01/05/2018 04:07 PMPosted by Lothlòria

You do know that the top ilvl player has always been a pvper till this season, right?

That means he has to PVE his a$$ off....not everyone wants to PVE.

PVE is the most boring aspect of this game.
01/06/2018 08:42 AMPosted by Lothlòria
01/06/2018 12:43 AMPosted by Jugajr

That means he has to PVE his a$$ off....not everyone wants to PVE.

PVE is the most boring aspect of this game.

Until next season. They should have just increased ilvl drops to be on par this season, and when next season hits make no changes. They did do it backwards.
Before I used to be able to level a new character and I'd know all I had to do was to cap out my conquest to become a competitive player. Now I just sit around in battlegrounds or arenas playing a lucky dip for my gear, whilst half my stuff is just heirlooms and constantly fighting against people with 10% plus stat advantages.

The expansion was sold on the promise of being more alt friendly with stat templates but I actually think its never been worse and has killed my enthusiasm to play. Really hope they fix this in BFA
01/06/2018 09:16 PMPosted by Snizfiend
Before I used to be able to level a new character and I'd know all I had to do was to cap out my conquest to become a competitive player. Now I just sit around in battlegrounds or arenas playing a lucky dip for my gear, whilst half my stuff is just heirlooms and constantly fighting against people with 10% plus stat advantages.

The expansion was sold on the promise of being more alt friendly with stat templates but I actually think its never been worse and has killed my enthusiasm to play. Really hope they fix this in BFA

It's so quick to get to 910 ilvl, even 920 if you just do bgs/arenas.. then the highest stat % advantage would be 5-6ish % That's really nothing compared to wod power level
Still no blue???? LOL
Blizzard dont give a !@#$ about pvp... wich is sad because it was the best pvp game for years... now it's all about killing dragons pressing 1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3.
Gearing is a joke, You want to do dmg in pvp?? well farm some mythic +.
And on top of that, no gear customization is sad... i mean my gold is useless now why would i farm gold? the only thing i do is bg and arena for what?? a 890ilvl item?? lol.

But the fact that PVE players can join pvp and destroy everyone with their big ilvl items but we as PVP players cant join big raid cause you know rng gear is bull%^-* for stats and we don't have the pve bonus set... seems not that fair. But i guess it is for Blizzard.
@Breat: Welcome to World of Instance-craft.
It is my opinion they are well aware of this thread. The problem is they do not know how to respond which is arguably worse than acknowledging the existence of this thread. Technically they already have PVP devs in place, but these devs are also responsible for PVE balancing as well. Thus, you may not see a dedicated PVP dev this expansion or maybe even the next., , so who knows at this point?

However, given that BFA alpha is around the corner it is possible that there isn't much to be said until it is revealed to the public about plans to change entire PVP structure. With all that said it is imperative to remember that all feedback matters and even if this thread causes a slight shift in design philosophy now it will lead to monumental changes down the road.

PVP reward structure pre Legion in my opinion was not broken for PVP players. They tried to entice and cater to PVE players but the PVE players didn't show up for PVP. Worse, it also simultaneously turned off PVP players, so what ended up happen was a double negative mark. No new PVP players entering the PVP system and existing PVP players dropping out. Had PVE player came in droves to this new Legion PVP system while PVP players left the PVP system the status quo would have remained. However, given that fantasy never happened changes will happen to PVP reward structure. But those changes are merely a starting point. The other necessary changes have to deal with pruning and the template system which both butcher classes and specs but also run counter to the spirit and essence of a MMORPG.
bump
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20760678709?page=1

Another thread more cared about by blues than this one...
01/09/2018 01:15 PMPosted by Fox
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20760678709?page=1

Another thread more cared about by blues than this one...

thats actually disgusting that they would comment on that post, and not this one, shows they really do not care at all about us

kinda makes me feel like we're the ugly ducklings