PvP gearing is bad and not fun (HELP)

01/09/2018 01:23 PMPosted by Zegamon
01/09/2018 01:15 PMPosted by Fox
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20760678709?page=1

Another thread more cared about by blues than this one...

thats actually disgusting that they would comment on that post, and not this one, shows they really do not care at all about us

kinda makes me feel like we're the ugly ducklings
It is insanely frustrating to say the least.
Can't wait for April 1st to come around. We might get a blue post on this thread, that day.
Bump
I find it funny how they don't even acknowledge that this thread even exists
It is my opinion they are well aware of this thread. The problem is they do not know how to respond which is arguably worse than acknowledging the existence of this thread. Technically they already have PVP devs in place, but these devs are also responsible for PVE balancing as well. Thus, you may not see a dedicated PVP dev this expansion or maybe even the next., , so who knows at this point?

You have a great post, but I just don't agree with it. The PvP team can come into this thread and say a wide variety of things. They can explain why a heroic/mythic raider has higher item level, which translates to higher templates, then top tier arena players. Venruki is mad about that, and rightfully so. While the template increase is minuscule it's still an increase PvErs should not have over PvPers.

They can explain why PvP gear has a mandatory versatility stat when all PvP is templated. If it was an oversight because versatility was good in WoD, then why hasn't it been changed either hotfix, 7.3.5 patch, or from a previous patch note.

It has not been a secret that versatility in WPvP has meant nothing since 7.0.5.

However, given that BFA alpha is around the corner it is possible that there isn't much to be said until it is revealed to the public about plans to change entire PVP structure. With all that said it is imperative to remember that all feedback matters and even if this thread causes a slight shift in design philosophy now it will lead to monumental changes down the road.

At Blizzccon they did say they wanted to re-do the rewards in PvP. That they wanted to give more control over templates, that they wanted to make dueling and world pvp more active and balanced. There were posts and streamers commenting about how passionate the Dev team is for PvP going forward and how much better then intend to make the game.

That is great, it is incredibly appreciated from the players who still enjoy this game.

However, an expansion 8 months from now doesn't give someone a pass on ignoring the players on Live. Us players do not get the benefit of working on BfA, of playing those new changes. Maybe that is slightly lost for the Blizzard team because they are essentially playing a different game.

There are plenty of hotfixes and changes that could be done for us players on live. (I'm going out to dinner Friday night, so I guess I'll stop eating till then)

Changing the amount of people who get glad, making a duelist mount, changing how you acquire elite sets, tabards, enchants, etc everything that is currently in the game.

(I'm not saying don't reward top tier players, but if only 20 people are getting rank1 because only 20,000 people are playing..... maybe it's time to up that number.)
Thanks guys for all the feedback here as I've been tracking this thread for quite a while. With Battle for Azeroth we aren't ready to share information on what changes may be coming past what has been shared at BlizzCon.

PVP is something that has been actively discussed going forward into the new expansion, no idea on if any changes are going to be made but keep in mind we still have a whole testing cycle to go through so please keep the discussion up.
7 Likes
01/09/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Ythisens
no idea on if any changes are going to be made but keep in mind we still have a whole Alpha and Beta cycle to go through so please keep the discussion up.

Please, please communicate better with the community during the PvP alpha/beta cycles this time. Last time was 0.44 posts/week when we were told the devs would be "actively participating with the community".

Thanks for addressing this post though, we appreciate it.
2 Likes
Thanks guys for all the feedback here as I've been tracking this thread for quite a while. With Battle for Azeroth we aren't ready to share information on what changes may be coming past what has been shared at BlizzCon.

PVP is something that has been actively discussed going forward into the new expansion, no idea on if any changes are going to be made but keep in mind we still have a whole Alpha and Beta cycle to go through so please keep the discussion up.

Thanks, I'm sure it will be great
omg blue post

we made it
2 Likes
With that being said, it's probably safe to assume that we shouldn't expect any changes for PVP rewards during Legion. Got it.
2 Likes
>complains about pvp gearing
>conveniently doesn't mention pvp templates which completely destroy any customization on the player's part and directly put that customization into the devs hands

lmao I wonder why

forgive me If I don't give one iota what you have to say Venruki, when you personally have a hand in ruining this game with that godawful feature since you're one of the people who convinced Holinka into implementing it so you can have your precious razer-sharp balance for muh e-sports
01/09/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Karzerus
>conveniently doesn't mention pvp templates which completely destroy any customization on the player's part and directly put that customization into the devs hands

lmao I wonder why

forgive me If I don't give one iota what you have to say Venruki, when you personally have a hand in ruining this game with that godawful feature since you're one of the people who convinced Holinka into implementing it so you can have your precious razer-sharp balance for muh e-sports

You're super, super dumb. Creating templates to allow separate tuning for PvP and PvE is a very good idea. The lack of customization is just a missing feature.
01/09/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Meleelock
01/09/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Karzerus

lmao I wonder why

You're super, super dumb. Creating templates to allow separate tuning for PvP and PvE is a very good idea. The lack of customization is just a missing feature.

I'm dumb because I don't want the option of customizing my character in PvP taken away? Fantastic rebuttal.

Just another elitist with no self-awareness.
1 Like
01/09/2018 01:58 PMPosted by Karzerus
01/09/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Meleelock

I'm dumb because I don't want the option of customizing my character in PvP taken away? Fantastic rebuttal.

Just another elitist with no self-awareness.

No, you're dumb because you have no idea what you're talking about and most of your posts are just toxic babble.

Templates didn't take away your customization. They could easily have implemented ways to modify player templates, they just *didn't*. PvE gear in PvP has been a problem since Vanilla, and templates are the best way to fix it -- they just should have added talents or something that allow you to shift your template to your playstyle, within reason.

PVP is something that has been actively discussed going forward into the new expansion, no idea on if any changes are going to be made but keep in mind we still have a whole Alpha and Beta cycle to go through so please keep the discussion up.
Thank you for actually replying, as sometimes it gets very disheartening for the PvP community to feel so neglected at times due to the radio silence.
1 Like

Your post doesn't tell me anything at all. It's value to me is virtually nonexistent. I hate responding to posts in a way that might make someone's day worse. You're probably a really cool guy IRL who loves gaming and wants to work at your passion. But your company makes these completely unsubstantiated claims about listening "the next time" time and time again. WoD was bad. Legion was somehow so much worse. With SO much alpha & beta participation and so much feedback virtually nothing that players actively pushed for was done. We made posts about lack of PvP incentives several times weekly for the entirety of WoD and you somehow found a way to offer even LESS in Legion. Not gonna write up some "please do better with communication" post that will never be incorporated by a team that just doesn't really seem to care. Just wish you guys did a better job, man, I really do.
Of course, when they fix it so PVP gear is competitive again, there will be a 21 page thread from pvers who feel forced to pvp for gear.

This has been a no win situation for years, and it has literally gone back and forth for years. Either pvp gear is good and pvers are unhappy, or pvp gear is bad and pvpers are unhappy.

They'll probably do something like make gear irrelevant in world pvp with scaling to try and bandaid it
01/09/2018 02:06 PMPosted by Sadaradex

Your post doesn't tell me anything at all. It's value to me is virtually nonexistent.
It sadly doesn't really give any indicator of their stance as to why the gear item level is shorted by 15 points this season, nor if they plan to change it, which was the main purpose of this post.

I still do appreciate the fact that he posted though, as that's what we were criticizing Blizzard for, for a large portion of this post... I'm guessing he just doesn't have any information on the subject, but was wanting to let us know that there was a blue paying attention.
01/09/2018 02:02 PMPosted by Meleelock

No, you're dumb because you have no idea what you're talking about and most of your posts are just toxic babble.

How incredibly ironic. This is exactly what your posts are.

01/09/2018 02:02 PMPosted by Meleelock

Templates didn't take away your customization. They could easily have implemented ways to modify player templates, they just *didn't*. PvE gear in PvP has been a problem since Vanilla, and templates are the best way to fix it -- they just should have added talents or something that allow you to shift your template to your playstyle, within reason.

You are completely unable to offer up any real alternatives to customization with PvP Templates still intact. You clearly can't. You're simply a threatened elitist who got mad from my post and now you're acting out.

Here's a tip genius: Customization is no longer a feature BECAUSE of PvP Templates. The feature directly removed customization because we can no longer choose whether we want a crit build or a haste build, etc. Templates are by nature static attribute-wise so you'll never see any customization.

You shouldn't go around calling people dense when you don't have the mental acuity required to understand this.

Thank you for the post. I understand that you guys do read the forums and listen to player feedback and it is appreciated.

But your comment of BfA yet to be in Alpha/Beta just reaffirms that there will be a substantial wait before we see any PvP changes. With that in mind, we are likely to see Season 7 be the longest season in Legion and participation numbers are sure to drop even more.

If you were to do something via patch or hotfix, please discuss with the team these main points:
  • Weekly Incentives (With templates, there is little to no reason to play until the last 2 weeks of the season) Maybe make the weekly PvP rewards better
  • Low Itemlevel = ratings (increase base stats)
  • Versatility as a mandatory stat
  • Lack of Trinkets (Maybe put Relinquished Trinket on the PvP loot table)
  • Elite sets being unobtainable
  • Amount of players receiving rank1/glad
  • Again, the pvp team's work is appreciated, just don't forget about players who are stuck playing in Legion.