Pvp gearing is atrocious

While we are glad you brought back pvp vendors, you essentially “fixed” a system that you already had right years ago. Right now the barrier to just play the game and pvp is too high and encourages carries just to play at a decent level. The best pvp gearing system you ever had was MOP and WOD. All conq gear should be the same ilvl regardless of rating (maybe base heroic ilvl and goes up to 5 ilvl above mythic in pvp). Make awesome transmogs/mounts for 1800-2100. This will encourage people to play alts more and be more forgiving for newer players. Will also get rid of some of the carries as people won’t pay for 2100 gear to raid. I know I played so many alts back in those days just capping conq each week and had a blast! Today I just get discouraged when I go to play an alt thinking that if I can’t get to 2100 on him the what’s the point? Then I log off and play a different game.

Blizz please allow us to have fun again and just play the game. Also make all secondary progression systems account wide and stop with the pay to win legendary crafting. That’s all for now, thanks.

63 Likes

They did it to sell wow tokens.

Im not even kidding at this point.

All they want is your money

65 Likes

All gear should just scale to at least 226 this season, and then this seasons pieces scale further. You would be able to go in with greens and be on a level playing field with everyone else. Once you leave the arena you’re back in garbage gear so you still grind the gear but can at least play the game.

29 Likes

I get where you are coming from, but I feel the game is better when gear does matter. There should be progression. That’s part of the fun. The gear disparity now is too high though. Honor set should be way easier to get, almost handed to you. Then all conq gear should be same ilvl. MOP and WOD literally had the perfect pvp gearing system.

7 Likes

Yeah its called getting CR. No one does arena to “gear up”.

And you still get that because you’re buying the new season gear and choose stat priority. A fresh alt can’t even play the game until after tons of hours of boring, pointless grinding for gear youre gonna replace anyways.

This is why participation is so low. Its simply a bad system .

20 Likes

Which is why “no one” is doing arena anymore. Lol. We have to boost participation and encourage people to play. Not discourage.

My warrior is 218 ilvl with a 213 weapon. I dont even know how to gear it past that until Conquest. So I either have to swindle my way in groups or convince friends to q with my alt, neither of which is fun for anyone involved.

I’m agreeing with you btw

7 Likes

Low gear casuals are healthy for the game. Give them a carrot to chase that is realistic and you will participation rise across the board. I think conq gear at the same ilvl will help with this. You can just grind out your points each week and make meaningful progress and eventually compete on even foot with everyone. Right now you will be out geared and out skilled forever so only true tryhards will pvp. So they feel like what’s the point? Participation will continue to fall.

3 Likes

Yeah it is terrible. I do not see how people can motivate themselves to gear alts for PvP. They ruined Honor gear. It is absolutely worthless… you have to do rated to get conquest. You can do the random BG daily’s which give you like 40 conquest lol… but that’s about it. If your queueing rated at 213 ilvl your doing to get demolished especially in this kind of meta where everything is ridiculous and you have to watch out for every single cd and even that stupid trinket or you get smoked. Horrible system and players will continue to leave at this rate.

2 Likes

Sure, but why lock honor gear max ilvl behind 59 renown??? 216 ilvl gear that only scales up to 229??? korthia gear drops and upgrades before you’re rank 5/6 go higher than that. There was zero sense in doing that except to say #$#$ pvpers

10 Likes

Of course that’s stupid. Honor gear should be basically handed to you. Like easiest grinded out in a weekend. Then all conq should be same ilvl. If that would happen you will see way more participation. Would just have to reduce conq gear ilvl in PVE so it’s not OP for raids.

2 Likes

The way it should be is honor gear should be close to even with conquest. So that conquest is not 100% times better than honor. That way you can grind your honor gear and still have some what of a chance. Unlike how it is now where honor gear is worthless and you stand 0 chance against a full conquest set.

3 Likes

At the very least, it shouldnt cost so much honor to upgrade to max. It’s a nightmare for alts. And yes they could have even reduced the ilvl for base conquest. Just ridiculous. I just want to come home when im off work and hop on a game and play some, where i dont have to be on from the second im home from time to go to sleep to barely keep up with all the grinding. But still able to be competitive. Having a hard time with that

4 Likes

Honor gear should be 13 or so ilvls below conq. Easy fix. Again just go back to MOP and WOD gearing. It was so good. I miss playing my alts and capping conq each week. Never an issue to find people to play with and this was even before group finder.

5 Likes

You can do this now the problem isnt the gear upgrading itself for alts its the fact that honor gear is such a small ilvl. Other then that the problem is the amount of conquest / honor you get per win from anything it should be triple maybe even quadruple.

Imagine getting into boxing and fighting Mike Tyson.

But Mike Tyson has brass knuckles and you have boxing gloves.

This is how the arena climb feels for new PVPers who want to upgrade their conquest gear.

i honestly believe they make us go through that INTENTIONALLY to sell wow tokens in favor of boosters

19 Likes

TLDR. Low IQ post

Dingdingding we have a winner.

11 Likes

the good ol’days …

r.i.p. wow pvp :sob:

2 Likes

Then what would be the point of BG farming or honor farming?

I enjoy hitting a higher rating then farming honor in BG’s to upgrade my gear piece. Without this ilvl change I would be exclusively doing arena with no incentive to BG what so ever which is no fun IMO.