PvP gear in shadowlands, why is BfA not meeting our expectations?

What are the player expectations of gear in PvP? If BfA met our expectations of a PvP gearing system, I don’t think there would be nearly so many complaints about it.

It is not currently meeting my expectations of what PvP gearing should be. Right now I feel like things are way out of whack.

For me, the following should be true for PvP gear:

1. Higher level gear should perform better than lower level gear.
  2. PvP gear should be better for PvP than PVE gear
  3. Choice in how I upgrade my gear (vendors of old)
  4. Disparity between low end and high end gear not too great, but not meaningless (e.g. rare vs epic PvP gear from Pre-legion)

I feel like this is the core of good PvP gearing.

What would you want from a good PvP gearing experience?

18 Likes

I expect it to BFA 2.0 with PvE gear being easier to acquire and better overall - like it has been this whole expansion.

#enjoyWoW

I 100% fully expect it to make some happy and others mad.

6 Likes

Agreed.

My addition would be - hope you like riding the RNG gear train that has been BFA, it’s likely to continue.

3 Likes

I meant expect as in what you would expect in ideal solution to be, not what you expect Blizzard to do. I will reword my post a bit =)

Makes more sense now, ty.

Pvp gear that is actually pvp gear. IE: stat prioritized making a clear delineation between pve and pvp gear.

Vendors. Give. Now.

6 Likes

Yep. Would like to add bring back set bonuses with effects unique to each spec. That way can chase for bonus or bis stats.

7 Likes

They’ve been awfully quiet about anything regarding PvP in Shadowlands, my bet would be they leave everything mostly unchanged. Most likely PvE gear will continue to reign supreme.

Not being negative, just realistic.

4 Likes

From the Shadowlands PvP wish list - #10 by Jugaa-arthas thread.
Gear wise it’s what I would like to see. Overall changes wise it is what I would like to see.

6 Likes

What i would like to see and what i am sure alot of others would
pvp gear actually being better again wod/mop style gear

What will happen realistically
Nothing will change

8 Likes

I like it. :+1:

Not gear related, but definitely pvp related. Get rid of warmode. I rolled all toons on pvp servers for a reason.

3 Likes

Yep. Covenants are going to be endgame system version 3, of what began the downfall of classes.

My sub is up in a few days, not gonna miss BfA at all. This whole expansion was just fluff.

As much as I want changes I don’t forsee any either. They have been stuck on this train a while and not sure if they are even capable of getting off it.
I’d love for reg pvp/pvp gear to matter like it did before.

4 Likes

i foresee specific covenants being good for pvp and some for pve i saw a few for dks and 1 of them looked op for pvp but who knows alpha isnt even out yet we will see

This will be like the 5th thread I’ve posted this on but with increasingly more and more posts and cry outs for pvp gear if it’s not delivered in shadowlands blizzard has thrown away their pvp community and shadowlands will be the last expansion pvpers ever set hope for and pve is all that’ll be left in this game

3 Likes

So far I haven’t really seen anything that gets me “excited” about Shadowlands. Anyone else feel the same way?

The main “selling point” so far is the ability to make Allied race DK’s… that’s it? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I can make a DK now… for free lol

3 Likes

The trailer from SL prolly had the least amount of stuff shown i have seen

but tbh i am excited for spells coming back

I’m with ya thus far. Not excited.

I watched Holinka say they are base-lining old skills again class wide. So they have taken a page out of the Classic book. Hunters get hunters mark, pally consecrate, yaddah yaddah. I’m meh about it honestly. Neither for or against. It’s just more rehash.

I’m not making allied DK. I already have a DK. Most people that wanted a DK already do too. It’s been available since LK after all. Is the allure of furry fox DK really a thing? Perhaps for some, but I’m not thinking it’s going to have broad appeal.

I’m looking for a selling point for me. Can’t find one yet. If I do get SL, it’s going to end up the same as BFA for me from what I’ve seen so far - a time sink only good for chilling with friends/fam on and not really about the game at all.

Several of the spells they are bringing back are just empty buttons like auras or poisons. Was hoping for more utility/mobility, you know something with an actual skill cap…

1 Like

Locks get baseline teleport druids get cyclone and vortex etc some more out there but that’s all I can remember off top my head