PvP gear in Shadowlands @Holinka

I’ve seen a few posts already on how PvP gear in Shadowlands needs to be different than PvE gear for it to be a viable way to gear your characters. But I just wanted to touch on some points and make it clear that It needs to happen or we’ll just have another legion/bfa gearing system for PvP players.

There needs to be either WoD item level scaling, or PvP resilience on PvP gear.

Without this, the best way to gear is going to be M+ or raiding, which should never be the case for PvP players to have to do to get their best in slot items.

Now regarding PvEing to do well in PvP; It still should be a thing. Stuff like gurthalak from cata, or deathbringers will from wrath, or even things like the crafted versatility rings and neck from WoD. Stuff like this brings flavor, but isn’t required because there is still drawbacks to using them.

Hopefully I got some of my points articulated well enough, thanks for reading.

70 Likes

Upvoting for this part.

PvP and PvE need separate gear progression.

41 Likes

Would prefer MoP/WoD gearing with either PvP Power/Resil, or WoD scaling. Not a fan of rating requirements on gear, personally. Make it so higher rating leads to a higher conq cap which gets the gear faster but that’s it.

22 Likes

I’m not really down with scaling, but definitely needs just pure pvp gear. If I have to do M+ just to do pvp then I’m out. I’ve hollered into the wind for 2 xpacs to get out of this nonsense of “do our pve content or else!” trope. Separate the sides of the game, the people who really did pvp never minded having 2 sets of gear. Dump Covenants too, just make them garrinson-like abilities so we don’t have azerite 3.0 on our hands.

4 Likes

This was not healthy for PvP.

9 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. Let PvPers PvpP!

11 Likes

Agree with this. I’d prefer if PvE garbage just didn’t work at all. Add the two set PvP trinket bonus back too, thanks.

9 Likes

no

because then that gear will be terrible for pve

it needs to be equivilant to whatever the current raid tier is so dragonslayers will participate like they did in TBC and Wrath.

the only change that needs to be made is bring back actual pvp trinket and 2 piece pvp trinket set bonus.

no more relentless no more adapt

u want out of cc?

use a pvp trinket

u dont wamt to be super squish?

u need 2 pce pvp trink set bonus

gearing fixed

participation fixed

4 Likes

this

7 Likes

It is totally okay if PvE gear is terrible in PvP and PvP gear is terrible in PvE. Pretty sure the majority of the community thinks that is fine. If you enjoy PvE then gear up in PvE. If you enjoy PvP gear up in PvP. It’s really that simple.

If I never do a dungeon or mythic again I am fine with that.

23 Likes

i get it and dont disagree

but if you dont incentivise dragonslayers AKA 90% of the playerbase then arena will continue to be dead af

make pvp gear same ilvl as current raid heroic tier

bring back mandatory 2 pce pvp trinket

simple

2 Likes

Ehhh arena LFG didn’t seem so bad in WoD when they had a PvP set.

But I wouldn’t mind if dragonslayers in arena if we have actually have a PvP set. It’s basically a free win :smiley:

2 Likes

Come again? Where was the downside

This is factually an incorrect statement. Arena is good and participation in Arena and PvP is good when PvP is good. It has nothing to do with PvE. Never has and never will. If PvP is great then people will buy WoW and PvP. We don’t need to convert PvE players that makes no sense.

If the game has 2 mil subs you don’t try to convince part of those subs to do something else. You make PvP great so new people start playing WoW to PvP. We are trying to incentivise old PvP players to come back!!! Then build a strong PvP community!

We are looking for PvP players not dragonslayers and that is the only way you have a great PvP game.

6 Likes

If I recall correctly you would get a bonus for having 2 pvp trinkets on, not sure exactly when it was added. But either way your losing a trinket slot with pvp power/pvp resiliance/stam, losing survivability in some form. Also the accessibility to these items were very low, not many people had them so it didn’t cause too much of a problem.

That was WoD for trinket bonus.

And there weren’t as many because metagaming hadn’t blown up yet. In today’s world, literally everyone would have them above 1900

1 Like

You’re probably right, OP PvE items in the current climate of how games are played wouldn’t be good for the game. But I still think some PvE gear still should be good or viable to use in PvP.

absolutely false

and i will remind you of this when TBC servers come out and literally every comp will be RMP and double healer arms warrior.

arena was horribly unbalanced but participation was insane because conquest weapons were raid quality and dragonslayers wanted them

Stat sticks are fine, everything else is pretty bad

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/gb0mud/how_pvp_ought_to_be/

This has to be the way PLEASE SHARE THE MESSAGE “PvP has to be the best way to get better pvp gear for pvp”

Bring back the days of hitting max level and just pvping if that is what you wanted to do.

15 Likes