PvP concerns for Dragonflight

Lots of feedback from people Ive played with and read about on the forums but major concerns seem to be:

Will interrupt be on the talent tree forcing people to lose one extra point towards being viable in PvP? Will we lose a ton of passives for filler on the talent trees?

How will ranked Solo Shuffle work? Is it actually happening?

Will the Pvp talents be the same or different (Seems to be two different answers from two different people from different interviews) for Dragonflight?

Will the Pvp talent trees include stuff that has been removed from PvP talents/Talent trees?

Will people not in warmode get access to PvP talent trees at all or will it be Warmode enabled only?

Will double PvP trinket set bonus be the same or change again?

Looking for more people to add possible questions they have and feedback moving forward. Really wish we got more of a spotlight for PvP in the stream reveal to get people pumped for next expansion.

14 Likes

They stated rated Solo Shuffle is incoming. I’m curious about the rewards and whether they will mimic the other arena rewards. As for PvP talents, I believe it was Holinka (sp?) Who said they will be operating in the same fashion as they are now

1 Like

I have so many Solo Shuffle questions they should just do a blog post . About talents he did say something but we also had someone another post saying they would be adding passives. I just want more info

Will interrupt be on the talent tree forcing people to lose one extra point towards being viable in PvP? Will we lose a ton of passives for filler on the talent trees?
We can understand players trepidation about what abilities will and will not end up in the talent tree. It’s something we’re currently iterating on a great deal. But players will receive 1 talent point for each level between level 10 and 60, 26 class points and 25 spec points for a total of 51 points. Frankly, it’s hard to really put concerns to rest through a forum post. We’re working to get some talent trees in front of the community as quickly as we can so we can work together to iterate on what designs provide compelling choices and player agency balanced with familiarity.

How will ranked Solo Shuffle work? Is it actually happening?
It would be good to clarify that when we’re talking about Solo Queue Rated PvP in 10.0, we are talking specifically about Rated Solo Shuffle. The feature will function in the same way it does as the brawl, with 6 rounds and rotating teams, queueable in the ranked Arena queueing tab. The team is working through some of the intricacies of rewards in the game mode as we want it to have it’s own prestigious reward, although players will certaintly be able to attain Elite gear – more info to come in the future.

Will the Pvp talents be the same or different (Seems to be two different answers from two different people from different interviews) for Dragonflight?
The PvP talent system will exist in its current form – an available pool of talents that players can pick 3 from, with the talents being accessible in all types of PvP content (warmode and instanced). That being said, we expect the new talent system to have a lot of interesting choices for PvP players in how to customize their characters between different types of PvP content and compositions.

Will the Pvp talent trees include stuff that has been removed from PvP talents/Talent trees?
Not exactly sure what is meant here, so I’ll have to ask you for more clarification.

Will people not in warmode get access to PvP talent trees at all or will it be Warmode enabled only?
I believe this was answered above.

Will double PvP trinket set bonus be the same or change again?
We’re happy with how this bonus has worked out. It provides a big boost to players early as they first acquire gear and it has tuning knobs to adjust throughput and stamina separately. It’s possible that it will change but we’re pretty happy with it for now.

20 Likes

first off really love this communication we are getting and to clarify I think it seems that people are expecting talents(PvP talents) that have either been retired or removed from PvP talents to make a return maybe on the talent trees. I have been hearing this from a bunch of people who are just confused since we have not really seen what the trees will look like yet and are just curious.

Another Solo Shuffle question. Will the unrated Solo Shuffle still exist outside of being a rotating brawl? The honor grind is pretty good for alts right now and would hate to see it have either 2700 players or someone with blues who just hit max level because we lost unrated Solo Shuffle.

I understand alot of this stuff is in the super early stages just seeking more info for the people asking

5 Likes

Hate to necro an old thread but this has to be addressed. WoW PvP has really suffered from FOTM(Flavor of the month)/FOTD(Favorite of the devs) with the simple fact that almost literally every person in AWC is the same class/spec does this bode well for balance going into dragonflight?

When we see almost ZERO representation for certain specs because blizzard hasn’t blessed them with being good enough competitively but does nothing to bring them inline with other specs. Will this continue into next expansion?

Are we being driven away from playing certain specs because they are not understood/liked in the meta? Seems kind of insane in an MMO for PvP comps to have a insane advantage but receive no balance to bring those left behind more in line with each other to create a even playing field especially when the highest form of rated PvP has literally zero class/spec representation because “other spec/class is just better/overpowered”.

Might be a little biased but why would I continue playing a game the way I enjoy it if im being pushed towards a playstyle I dont enjoy? I hear alot of “I enjoy X but it doesnt work with A B and C so I cant really play it” which is understandable but why does it seem to be so drastically the negative way currently of “You cant play X because you will die using all your defensives to A B and C because it is broken”.

28 Likes